Hey, "Team Brazil"... take notes.

Matt13

LOL. You'd be hard pressed to find anybody that gives a shit about either band in the real world. No amount of shitty videos that you post are going to change that. Wake up, the 90's are just as gone as the 80's.

Except that both bands sell concert tickets. Are you suggesting that only forum members go to these shows?

Isn't that the general consensus? If a band isn't selling out major arenas, only forum dwellers are attending. I thought everybody knew that. :shrugs:

The Tension Tour is one of the most amazing things i ever saw. Mindblowing.

But... Every time i see Finck on NIN i see an unhappy Finck for the most part.

You want a real dictator? ask for Trent Reznor.

That's funny. Robin's killed it when I saw him with Guns N' Roses and NIN, but I'd say he seemed more "into it" with Nine Inch Nails. The fact that he has (twice) abandoned GN'R for NIN leads me to believe there is something more attractive about playing with Trent than Axl.

If Chinese Democracy was also a success and was on the Billboard than exactly why should Team Brazil take notes? You're implying that NIN is a superior band than Guns with that comment.

When in reality Guns N' Roses are a much more successful band.

I like you Andre, but posting in MSL's style really does not suit you well.

Is it even up for debate that NIN is by far a better live experience than GNR? And post a good quality video, geez.

Sorry to say this but nobody gives a fuck about NIN.

Nor does anyone give a fuck about you.

Why would anyone give a fuck about me you turd?

Last I checked, Trent was giving his music away for free because nobody cared. I haven't heard a hit new NIN single take over the radio since the 90's. Where is this massive concert attendance that you're imagining. It has nothing to do with GN'R being number 1 and everything to do with a delusional NIN fanboy asking if something was debatable between two has-been bands. When you're dealing with the washed-up, everything is debatable.

You couldn't be more wrong. Seriously :lol:

Is it even up for debate that NIN is by far a better live experience than GNR? And post a good quality video, geez.

Do you mean like, on this forum/thread, or in general?

Last I checked, Trent was giving his music away for free because nobody cared. I haven't heard a hit new NIN single take over the radio since the 90's. Where is this massive concert attendance that you're imagining. It has nothing to do with GN'R being number 1 and everything to do with a delusional NIN fanboy asking if something was debatable between two has-been bands. When you're dealing with the washed-up, everything is debatable.

What qualifies as taking over the radio?

I heard "Came back haunted" every single day on radio stations over the summer... Stations that at least do play new current stuff.

The same stations who played chinese democracy a couple of times and tossed it away afterwards...and I know because I did email and ask why songs from that album weren't played more. Also, by the looks of that NIN footage, they're not struggling to sell tickets.

Just a thought..

Edited by ARBeast

As much as I agree with this ( NIN was always more interesting ), NIN and Trent's voice are nowhere near as good as they were during the Fragility tour.

Yes, the light show may be incredible and the band might be very competent, but I find them boring as fuck right now, even though NIN has been my favourite band for the last thirteen years.

Putting aside that Fragility was 10+ years ago, I saw NIN 4 times this year and thought Trent's voice was fine. Granted he doesn't have to push his vocals as hard as Axl does, but I don't see anything wrong with his to be honest.

There isn't one single area that modern day GNR outdo NIN. Not one.

Touring line-ups, fan satisfaction, general integrity of the name, consistent output, clarity - Trent does everything infinitely better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF6BXLi2OyA

Finck's having a great 'ol time.

Pay attention to the drummer... dude rocks.

I'm just confused to what they're supposed to be taking notes on?

They should be taking notes on the following:

- Getting Axl a different dietitian

- Getting Axl some singing lessons (see bridge school benefit- yeehaw!)

- How to have an intervention and explain he's nuts

- Another intervention to explain he pisses his own fans off

- Another intervention on how to release music

- Another intervention on the basic and logic your mother cannot possibly be like 5 years older than you..

- Another intervention explaining the difference between ENABLING MOOCHERS AND PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Case Closed. I left out the late arrivals since now that he's got it down to an hour and a half that's "improvement'.

- I don't think Trent is in a better shape that Axl.

- Axl's voice is much better than Trent's. As a matter of fact i don't even know if i call "SINGING" to what Trent screams.

- Releasing music in GNR has legal factors involved, which is not the case for NIN or Trent for that matter. (If you read the contract that was posted you'll get why)

- The rest of it it is your opinion, which you're certainly entitled to, but still my opinion is that you're being an asshole.

- Trent runs out of breath between songs? lol

- Mickey Mouse voice impersonations give sane humans the same headache bro. Get your ears waxed or cleaned out now.

- Sure, not gonna argue this point completely. But at least trent has enough respect for his fans to put down the cheeseburger and update them. And he doesn't need his mommy's approval.

- The rest are facts. Clearly you're smoking some dank shiznit if you believe otherwise. Team Brazil are a bunch of mooching, pathetic, toxic, worthless embarressments and in a way, they've ruined Axl. They sure as hell ruined Axl more than Slash ever did. Telling somebody what they want to hear over the truth is a joke. Fuck em.

It's not an opinion, it's the truth. You're just in denial.

It's a fact that Andre is currently the worst poster in D&N. That is a fact...

Thank You for your feedback!

I'll register your suggestion and pass it along our development team for future products reference.

Ok there Fernando.

But remember, first, you need mommy's permission!! Even Chris Jericho will attest to that one!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeHzfOQfJs

I rest my case...If there's a thing that Trent does is sing out of breath. His all singing consists in singing out of breath...it's a completely different style of singing, and i'm not even sure if it can be considered singing... They're still a great band, they have great players in the band as well, but don't even fucking compare it to GNR past or present.

As for Axl, the guy sings his heart out for almost 3 hours every show, some 3 hour...what are you complaining about...what Axl does, is called singing not talking in melody...

Edited by AndreCC

I think GNR should take notes from NIN both in terms of live performances and in terms of giving fans really neat perks of being involved with the band online

I mean there is no comparison on either aspect, I firmly believe that in 2013 NIN is light years ahead both on and off the stage in terms of delivering the goods

LOL. You'd be hard pressed to find anybody that gives a shit about either band in the real world. No amount of shitty videos that you post are going to change that. Wake up, the 90's are just as gone as the 80's.

Wow dude, you're out of touch.

Reznor just did an AMA on Reddit last night and got a colossal response. And if you don't understand what that means, then you're REALLY out of touch with modern culture.

And you're brain dead if you don't think Axl would get a colossal response himself. You have no point here.
Yeah? Where in my post did I say that Axl wouldn't get a huge response if he did an AMA?

You really put your foot in your mouth on this one. There is literally no way you can spin your statement to not look foolish.

This is from Trent's Reddit AMA on touring:

Here are some thoughts on touring: When we commit to a touring cycle, it usually is at least a year long, and can start to feel stale after X amount of time. What I'm doing this cycle is making each leg of the tour have its own identity. The festival run we did over the summer was very different from the Tension tour we just finished. We're currently rehearsing with a new incarnation of the band for what's ahead. This keeps things fresh from a musician's perspective, but also keeps things interesting for fans in an era where every show ends up on YouTube. The setlist and presentation moving forward will be very different from what we just did. That's part of the incentive behind releasing the Tension footage now. That was one very specific look at Nine Inch Nails in the Fall of 2013, that I wanted the whole world to be able to see (just like you can see the festival footage on YouTube, which was its own thing). Yes, we are planning to return to North America in 2014...

This guy gets it.... NIN is a class act

Can we put this silly debate to bed already? Axl hired people to go buy him the latest NIN records, as well as hiring people deeply involved with the NIN project. All when attempting to make a supposed GNR album.

That alone should tell you who has had greater effect on this century.

Finck's having a great 'ol time.

Pay attention to the drummer... dude rocks.

I'm just confused to what they're supposed to be taking notes on?

They should be taking notes on the following:

- Getting Axl a different dietitian

- Getting Axl some singing lessons (see bridge school benefit- yeehaw!)

- How to have an intervention and explain he's nuts

- Another intervention to explain he pisses his own fans off

- Another intervention on how to release music

- Another intervention on the basic and logic your mother cannot possibly be like 5 years older than you..

- Another intervention explaining the difference between ENABLING MOOCHERS AND PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Case Closed. I left out the late arrivals since now that he's got it down to an hour and a half that's "improvement'.

- Axl's voice is much better than Trent's. As a matter of fact i don't even know if i call "SINGING" to what Trent screams.

- Releasing music in GNR has legal factors involved, which is not the case for NIN or Trent for that matter. (If you read the contract that was posted you'll get why)

- The rest of it it is your opinion, which you're certainly entitled to, but still my opinion is that you're being an asshole.

- Trent runs out of breath between songs? lol

- Mickey Mouse voice impersonations give sane humans the same headache bro. Get your ears waxed or cleaned out now.

- Sure, not gonna argue this point completely. But at least trent has enough respect for his fans to put down the cheeseburger and update them. And he doesn't need his mommy's approval.

- The rest are facts. Clearly you're smoking some dank shiznit if you believe otherwise. Team Brazil are a bunch of mooching, pathetic, toxic, worthless embarressments and in a way, they've ruined Axl. They sure as hell ruined Axl more than Slash ever did. Telling somebody what they want to hear over the truth is a joke. Fuck em.

It's not an opinion, it's the truth. You're just in denial.

It's a fact that Andre is currently the worst poster in D&N. That is a fact...

Thank You for your feedback!

I'll register your suggestion and pass it along our development team for future products reference.

Ok there Fernando.

But remember, first, you need mommy's permission!! Even Chris Jericho will attest to that one!!

I rest my case...If there's a thing that Trent does is sing out of breath. His all singing consists in singing out of breath...it's a completely different style of singing, and i'm not even sure if it can be considered singing... They're still a great band, they have great players in the band as well, but don't even fucking compare it to GNR past or present.

As for Axl, the guy sings his heart out for almost 3 hours every show, some 3 hour...what are you complaining about...what Axl does, is called singing not talking in melody...

so to prove your point you show us welcome to the jungle where axl is out of breath?

Do you mean like, on this forum/thread, or in general?

All I am saying is you can't put NIN in the same league as GNR, Metallica. Led Zep, ACDC, Aerosmith etc....

• Like 2

You can't put nugnr in the same league as GNR, Metallica, Led Zep, ACDC, Aerosmith etc.... either

Give it up already.

Doesn't it get boring just talking shit on a fan forum every day of your life? I'm sorry for you.

The forum you keep crying about and claim to be leaving soon?

And in terms of great live shows, you can put NuGnR in with those bands too.

Attendance sure doesn't support that.

I didn't say anything about attendance did I? I'm talking about performance in general. Either way, all the shows I went to were either sold out or close to it :shrugs:

Great shows draw big crowds. The word of mouth following a lot of nugnr's shows are nothing compared to the responses of the others. The venues have been getting smaller because demand is falling. No one is wow'd by the same old.

But back to the original point, that HQ NIN gig was amazing strictly for the stage lighting and effects.

As they say, it's easy to recognise your own kind. I do appreciate you proving that his greatest success was in the 90's though. I didn't have to waste a single click of my own. A one hit wonder of a comeback in the mid 2000's isn't much to brag about either. :shrugs:

It was months away from being in the 2000's and proves nothing, especially since the song in question wasn't from Downward Spiral like you claimed, and wasn't angsty industrial music either. Not to mention that they've had other successful singles post 90s. In any case it's irrelevant. Single sales don't dictate when a band has more success overall, and even if it did...what's your point?

If Chinese Democracy was also a success and was on the Billboard than exactly why should Team Brazil take notes? You're implying that NIN is a superior band than Guns with that comment.

When in reality Guns N' Roses are a much more successful band.

You have to forgive him, he's trying to hold two fronts at once and it's just a bit much for him to handle. It's ok though, because it gives him an excuse not to be reporting any news on a Guns N' Roses forum after he begged for the position.

Funny because I didn't make this thread, and I didn't ask Team Brazil to take notes. Nor did I beg for the position. I was asked by Subs. Keep on grasping pal. Funny how you always pull that card whenever you know you've lost an argument.

Are you out of your mind?

Can you imagine if Trent Reznor spent his days wandering the hills of Malibu with an elderly Brazilian woman? Just imagine that, it's so freaking absurd. And yet, many people here don't even bat an eye at the fact that Axl is NEVER without this mother-figure woman at his side.