MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

I just read a Bumblefoot interview on blabbermouth.net for some magazine and he said he doesn't think it would be possible for GNR to actually record a whole cd.

He said he thought it would be best to release two or three new songs and play them during another tour.

I don't know if this is with Axl's okay, but I guess we'll just see in time.

I think GNR should re-release CD with one or two new songs on it recorded with this band and see how the fans respond and critics too.

A lot of bands do this and it works for them.

Maybe this is the way to go for GNR to get back in the groove of making new music.

I actually think these members want to do new music and since a lot of them do it on their own or with other bands, they might be leaving to be with a band that does want to do new music.

I don't know about this.

Let it play out, see what happens

We have an aggressive move by this forum. Of course, It will create short term traffic, and if it pays off, then great.

We know the dynamics of all the forums, and it is fun to just to sit back and watch their angles and foreplay

I don't know about this.

We have an aggressive move by this forum. Of course, It will create short term traffic, and if it pays off, then great.

We know the dynamics of all the forums, and it is fun to just to sit back and watch their angles and foreplay

Manets was responding to a question about "Going Down" - not the story.

Secondly, it is my understanding that Subs secured approval before authorizing the story.

I don't know about this.

Manets was responding to a question about "Going Down" - not the story.

Secondly, it is my understanding that Subs secured approval before authorizing the story.

No worries, all is good, NGOG

I like it, and it is fun. Keep it rolling.

This year took its toll on all of us, myself included, but let's get behind GNR's rumored ambitions for 2014!

I believe that we underestimate the significance our support can have.

• Like 1

Gullible's written on the ceiling.

And you've got Pessimistic tattooed on your forehead.

Pessimism is always where you wanna place your chips when it comes to Axl.

But hey, if this doesn't pan out, there's always Appetite For Democracy to look forward to.

Oh wait... :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bobbo

I don't know about this.

Mysteron, do you think this is a response to other sites breaking exclusive news?

It'd be pessimistic if there wasn't legitimate reason to believe this isn't going to be any different than the other 6 times they've made claims like this. It's not pessimistic, it's realistic.

I don't doubt the legitimacy of Subs' source, but unless these words come from Axl Rose himself, I just don't see new songs being played.

Exactly. At this point even Axl's word wouldn't have me sold 100%

I don't want to perpetuate negativity regarding this news announcement, but based on logical and the nature of GNR the past 14 years I don't think it is wise to get exited until results actually happen. Not just talked about, but actually happen. So the moment I will be exited will be the moment that it has been reported that new songs were played at a show and not a moment before that

GN'R fans in a nutshell:

RELEASE CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!

(They release it..........eventually)

GO ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!

(They go on tour...for a long fuckin' time)

CHANGE THE SETLIST!!!!!! PLAY CIVIL WAR AND ESTRANGED!!!!

(They play a 3+ hour goddamn set with both of those tunes and a ton of others)

STOP PLAYING THE SAME 3+ HOUR SETLIST!!!!!

(They start playing the same 2.5 hour setlist instead. Hey, technically they listened)

STOP TOURING AND MAKE NEW MUSIC!!!!!!

(They stop touring. Then announce some touring that will feature some new music they made)

THIS MUST BE BULLSHIT!!! AXL HATES HIS FANS AND NEVER GIVES THEM WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!! UM, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHATEVER YOU JUST SAID YOU'RE DOING!!!!

...anyone have anything to add to that? I rarely post but thought I'd sum it up nicely for some of ya'll who have clearly never read "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie..."

In one hand I agree with you, but in the other hand I don't. While I do feel like Axl has been trying more within the last few years to please the fans, then he has at any point in his career. Which I have to give him credit for. But on the other hand, when a fan base is as divided as this one, their are going to be varied opinions. A reunion is really the only thing Axl can do to really make the fans happy. But then of course the nugnr fans would be pissy. But they (myself included) are the minority. Because at the end of the day, 90% REAL guns n' roses fans want to see the band we all fell in love with. I don't complelty blame Axl for the break up of the band, but he did play a role. And he also seems like the most unwilling to try a reunion. So it is what it is.....

To summerize, yes he has been trying harder than ever to please the fans. Which He deserves some credit for. But it's really hard for some fans to forget about everything that happened from 1995~2008. They have a right to feel the way they do.

I was definitely one of those fans between 1995 and 2008. Here's the thing - of course fans can feel frustrated. I'm disappointed every time an album gets delayed or every time Axl has a bad night (they always just happen to be the gigs that are streamed internationally). It's like watching your favorite sports team lose a crucial game or something.

At the same time, my whole point is, bands don't "owe" their fans anything other than their moneys' worth when money is involved. They don't owe their fans changing setlists, reunions, news updates, new albums, etc. If Fernando or DJ say to expect news and then hypothetically there's no news, so? It's not like they stole anything from anyone. It's a gratuitous promise and not their responsibility if people are that emotionally invested in their business.

That said, I agree with you in that I think it's cool the band makes an effort with things like this news (exclusively for their hardcore fans), Axl's chats, etc. They certainly don't have to. Some bands do more than this for their fans, and some (Van Halen, Tool, Eagles) do a hell of a lot less.

Considering what we've heard from the bandmembers over the touring break, we have absolutely no reason to believe new music has been recorded.

Nah, If this 2-3 new songs thing actually materializes it'll likely be stuff from the CD era touched up by DJ & Ron.

• Like 1

This year took its toll on all of us, myself included, but let's get behind GNR's rumored ambitions for 2014!

True. Even though history gives me reason to call this bullshit, i'm gonna hold off my complaints and disbelief until it happens.

I don't know about this.

Mysteron, do you think this is a response to other sites breaking exclusive news?

Manets was revealing his own addition, as a response to the whole thread.

I am was merely commentating that I hope something happens next year, and it will be interesting to read the different forums and their reporting leading up to a possible something happening.

It is a fun thing to read

True. Even though history gives me reason to call this bullshit, i'm gonna hold off my complaints and disbelief until it happens.

Exactly. Don't throw yourself into the notion that this is definitely happening, but at least support the premise.

If they've got big ambitions for 2014, which Fernando himself suggested, then we should express our support.

I for one am absolutely delighted by the prospect of continued GNR activity next year.

• Like 1

Fernando himself

:rofl-lol:

Now now Bacardi, don't be unhelpful! As I said before, we've all been frustrated by sustained touring (and seemingly, absolutely nothing else).

However, we've been presented with strong rumours of a genuine attempt at progressing. Instead of being snarky, let's show that we are excited by that possibility.

Fernando himself

:rofl-lol:
Now now Bacardi, don't be unhelpful! As I said before, we've all been frustrated by sustained touring (and seemingly, absolutely nothing else).

However, we've been presented with strong rumours of a genuine attempt at progressing. Instead of being snarky, let's show that we are excited by that possibility.

I'm sorry, but how many times can one be expected to take something even remotely seriously before they realize that it doesn't matter what is said. Personally, I've reached the point where the only thing that will say anything is actions. Words no longer mean a thing. Edited by Damn_Smooth
  • Like 1