MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

My vote goes for The General & Atlas Shrugged, just because we've been hearing about them for over 10 years now & they're both supposedly heavy hitters.

Throw in Going Down, just cuz it's a great song and I'd love to hear the final mix with Axl on lead vocals.

Edited by sofine11

I see this place has gone the HTGTH censorship route. Hey guys, if you don't want to know what fans actually think, don't ask.

-my uncensored, unabridged opinion-

Woo, 2 songs - live not recorded - after five years that may or may not be new as an ambition for a years output. From a guy who supposedly has dozens of finished songs sitting around. I feel thrilled. What an ambitious band. I am not being sarcastic. This is wonderful. GNR FTW! :axl92:

A likely scenario is Going Down, Silkworms and Oh My God for about a week, and then SW and OMG get dropped because Axl realizes he can't sing them.

:lol:

See, this is why I'm reeeeaallly hoping that they're talking about a release as well as live performances of these songs. Does anyone really want their first impression of The General to be Axl weazing his way through it? That's assuming he hasn't utilized the time off to get in shape and work on getting his 2010 voice back...

A likely scenario is Going Down, Silkworms and Oh My God for about a week, and then SW and OMG get dropped because Axl realizes he can't sing them.

See, this is why I'm reeeeaallly hoping that they're talking about a release as well as live performances of these songs. Does anyone really want their first impression of The General to be Axl weazing his way through it? That's assuming he hasn't utilized the time off to get in shape and work on getting his 2010 voice back...

The idea that 8-12 minutes of new material is sufficient incentive for people forking over $100 or so for something they've seen a half dozen times already but with an increasingly shitty sounding and ropey looking singer is absolutely hysterical.

Woo, 2 songs - live not recorded - after five years that may or may not be new as an ambition for a years output. From a guy who supposedly has dozens of finished songs sitting around. I feel thrilled. What an ambitious band. I am not being sarcastic. This is wonderful. GNR FTW! :axl92:

Did you the article? Did you notice Subs' comment in this thread stating that he believed GNR were interested in releasing music next year?

Do you propose they play an album worth of new songs? How many big-name names do that? It's an unrealistic expectation.

Edited by NGOG

Did you the article? Did you notice Subs' comment in this thread stating that he believed GNR were interested in releasing music next year?

Do you propose they play an album worth of new songs? How many big-name names do that? It's an unrealistic expectation.

How many big-name acts base a current tour around a current album? Oh I dont know, say, just about all of them?

How many bands tour off one album for over a decade? Tell me that.

I don't care less what Sub says, no personal offense to him. Various band members have claimed 'interest' in releasing music, why is this is more valid? Why does this band constantly 'talk about' maybe making music instead of actually fucking doing it?

Edited by tomfriend

My vote goes for The General & Atlas Shrugged, just because we've been hearing about them for over 10 years now & they're both supposedly heavy hitters.

Throw in Going Down, just cuz it's a great song and I'd love to hear the final mix with Axl on lead vocals.

Hell.... if they're talking about these songs, I'll go nuts. It's most likely Oh My God, Silkworms and Going Down, though.

I see this place has gone the HTGTH censorship route. Hey guys, if you don't want to know what fans actually think, don't ask.

Uhh...no. We've never allowed hateful posts towards any band members past or present, that's nothing new. Don't post garbage like you did and then whine that you're being oppressed when it gets deleted.

• Like 3

I understand your point, but remember the very first performances of The Blues and Madagascar? Those were magical.

• Like 1

Only GNR fans can turn this news into something negative and something to be whined about.

GNR put out Oh My God, and the fans panned it. We didn't get any new music for years.

GNR finally release Chinese Democracy. A big section of the fanbase criticise the new direction ; the over-production ; the shitty songs ; that there are too many ballads, etc..... We don't get any more new music again for years.

See a pattern here anyone??? When are you fucking morons going to learn?

The GNR fanbase just seems so poisonous these days. Why is that?

Only GNR fans can turn this news into something negative and something to be whined about.

GNR put out Oh My God, and the fans panned it. We didn't get any new music for years.

GNR finally release Chinese Democracy. A big section of the fanbase criticise the new direction ; the over-production ; the shitty songs ; that there are too many ballads, etc..... We don't get any more new music again for years.

See a pattern here anyone??? When are you fucking morons going to learn?

The GNR fanbase just seems so poisonous these days. Why is that?

Yeah, blame it on the fans. :facepalm: Damn, I wish that worked.

I understand your point, but remember the very first performances of The Blues and Madagascar? Those were magical.

Yeah, but Axl was also 39 when he debuted those songs live, and sounded a loooot better than he did in 2012/13....

Uhh...no. We've never allowed hateful posts towards any band members past or present, that's nothing new. Don't post garbage like you did and then whine that you're being oppressed when it gets deleted.

Yes. No hateful post to say, DJ for instance, exists on this site. Ha ha....nice. Its a shame you have such massive disrespect for your users that you're so pant-shittingly petrified that they might hear each other's opinions and then distinguish garbage from valid opinion on their own terms. Also suspicious that the only time I've been censored on this site happens to be in such a closely monitored sticky 'exclusive" thread with extry-special info crumbs the powers that be have sharted down upon you, right kids? ;) You're a 'fan forum' until the methane draft of free tickets and 'exclusives' wafts in your direction and then suddenly, surprise surprise, you're HTGTH. What are you saying, my post was disruptive? Abusive? No, it was neither, it just may have offended those whose asses your collective tongues are currently reaming. Prove me wrong. My post goes but a million Randy Lahey cupcake threads stay when 'they' aren't looking? Oh you amusing, obvious sell-outs.

Edited by tomfriend

Its a shame you have such massive disrespect for your users that you're so pant-shittingly petrified that they might hear each other's opinions and then distinguish garbage from valid opinion on their own terms. Also suspicious that the only time I've been censored on this site happens to be in such a closely monitored sticky 'exclusive" thread with extry-special info crumbs the powers that be have sharted down upon you, right kids? ;) You're a 'fan forum' until the methane draft of free tickets and 'exclusives' wafts in your direction and then suddenly, surprise surprise, you're HTGTH. What are you saying, my post was disruptive? Abusive? No, it was neither, it just may have offended those whose asses your collective tongues are currently reaming. Prove me wrong. My post goes but a million Randy Lahey cupcake threads stay when 'they' aren't looking? Oh you amusing, obvious sell-outs.

You know, instead of lashing out at the mods when a post of yours is deleted, maybe it's better to calmly and politely message one of them, and ask what was wrong with it. But hey, what do I know? :jerkoff:

Back on topic. We can continue this conversations via PM if you want.