MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

Why is this thread bumped?

Ridiculous...

I was hoping someone could bring me up to speed on the new songs that were played and the rest of the exclusive news that was supposed to be revealed. :shrugs:

No "new songs" were `played in Vegas (except for some old ones that had not been played in a long time: "Yesterdays", "TWAT" and "Prostitute"). Duff McKagan guested on May 31st show.

No exclusive news were revealed either.

What happened? Was it just wrong information or did someone lie?

Why is the other information not being shared? :shrugs:

Im disappointed here.

New songs never meant brand new. It always meant new old songs that hadn't been in the setlist.

I guess I didn't understand that part.

Is the rest of the exclusive information not going to be shared now?

New songs never meant brand new. It always meant new old songs that hadn't been in the setlist.

I guess I didn't understand that part.

Is the rest of the exclusive information not going to be shared now?

We're not sure. UK SUBS, the forum owner, hinted that BBF was probably leaving the band at the end of the residency and he's pissed that some posters criticized him for the way he handled it, so he might not be sharing the other information with us. Or maybe he will still. I don't know.

Ridiculous...

I was hoping someone could bring me up to speed on the new songs that were played and the rest of the exclusive news that was supposed to be revealed. :shrugs:

They played a 14-minute "My World" remix featuring Shaq and Nicolas Cage during which Slash's effigy was burned. They then attempted a cover of "Smoke On The Water" but Ashba screwed up the opening riff and had to restart seven times. Axl got bored waiting for Ashba to figure it out and proceeded to open a family size bag of Cheetos, devour it all and smear the cheese residue all over his body. He became so bloated that he could no longer move and had to finish the show lying on his back. Dizzy Reed's daughter was introduced as the new lead guitarist of GnR, replacing Bumblefoot, who had been bludgeoned to death by Beta the night before. Slash's effigy was burned a second time. Duff officially replaced Tommy Stinson on bass, but quit after he realized that the legendary Chinese Democracy material was simply too complicated and advanced for him to handle.

I think that covers everything.

I appreciate it when people do this, would even love a separate thread of it.

UK SUBS thanks for sharing what you've heard. Hope you would be willing to share more news or speculation in future.

Those people who complain about what did or didn't come to fruition would be the same people bitching when any news or speculation is withheld.

Ridiculous...

No "new songs" were `played in Vegas (except for some old ones that had not been played in a long time: "Yesterdays", "TWAT" and "Prostitute"). Duff McKagan guested on May 31st show.

Im disappointed here.

I have no clue. I wasn't in this forum when all that came out.

I still believe that "new songs" meant new songs. I don't think they were talking about playing Yesterdays or Raw Power. Unfortunately, even the management, family and friends of Axl Rose cannot make him do something he doesn't wanna do.

And from what I can tell from observing his behaviour over many years, he doesn't actually want to do anything with nuGuns other than record unreleased material and tour as a nostalgia tribute act to Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion. Now that may seem a little underwhelming, but it does enable him to tour the world, make a bunch of easy money, and watch the improv stylings of DJ Ashba live every night.

Edited by axlsalinger
  • Like 1

he doesn't actually want to do anything with nuGuns other than record unreleased material and tour as a nostalgia tribute act to Appetite For Destruction....

Can ya blame him? Who would want to write & record with these guys? LOL
  • Like 1

he doesn't actually want to do anything with nuGuns other than record unreleased material and tour as a nostalgia tribute act to Appetite For Destruction....

Can ya blame him? Who would want to write & record with these guys? LOL

Heh...look, it's trying to be witty.

• Like 1

Ridiculous...

Im disappointed here.

Me either.

So was the bumblefoot story not true either?

Ridiculous...

Im disappointed here.

Me either.

With a band where plans change rapidly what is true quickly becomes was true. I think by now, with all these years of insider information, we should have learnt that whatever an insider says is about as relevant for what is actually going to happen in the future of GN'R are as good as our own best guesses. Hell, don't even trust band members when they talk about the band's plans. They are all, Axl included, as lost and as much victims of the chaos that is GN'R as we are.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

Ridiculous...

Im disappointed here.

Me either.

With a band where plans change rapidly what is true quickly becomes was true. I think by now, with all these years of insider information, we should have learnt that whatever an insider says is about as relevant for what is actually going to happen in the future of GN'R are as good as our own best guesses. Hell, don't even trust band members when they talk about the band's plans. They are all, Axl included, as lost and as much victims of the chaos that is GN'R as we are.

So the information provided here wasn't true? Why was it reported then?

I'm confused here :(

Ridiculous...

Im disappointed here.

Me either.

I'm beginning to think you're trolling.

• Like 1

Ridiculous...

Im disappointed here.

Me either.

No reason to be confused, just assume that any plans that are revealed to us from the band or insiders are subject to change at short notice or not be fulfilled for various reasons chief among them incompetence and dysfunctionality.

I think the concert DVD opened lines of communication between GNR and Interscope for the first time in years, and he said he has the songs for another album, so maybe the GNR camp will hold its end up with the fans this time.

When a band puts a concert DVD out, it's usually a sign they're done with the tour and wanted to put a document of the tour out. The recent residency was a good way to wind down the tour and in a way, promote the upcoming concert film.

Who knows, maybe O2 and other live shows they have in the vaults will make their way out there.

Ridiculous...

Im disappointed here.

Me either.

No reason to be confused, just assume that any plans that are revealed to us from the band or insiders are subject to change at short notice or not be fulfilled for various reasons chief among them incompetence and dysfunctionality.

I dont believe that about the dysfunctionality or incompetence.

I think a mistake was made and somebody reported wrong news.

I should only listen to official news and not all the rest. :(

The safest thing you could is NOT BELIEVE anything until you see it with your own eyes.

Insiders are BS, bandmembers are BS, TB is BS and even Axl has proven himself to be BS. (hey Ax, don't hate me, you know have given wrong info in the past)

So, the only time you should believe is when you see a new album/DVD on the record stores shelves, or iTunes, Amazon, whatever.... or when your local producer announces a show and you realize you can actually purchase tickets.

End of story.

• Like 3

The safest thing you could is NOT BELIEVE anything until you see it with your own eyes.

Insiders are BS, bandmembers are BS, TB is BS and even Axl has proven himself to be BS. (hey Ax, don't hate me, you know have given wrong info in the past)

So, the only time you should believe is when you see a new album/DVD on the record stores shelves, or iTunes, Amazon, whatever.... or when your local producer announces a show and you realize you can actually purchase tickets.

End of story.

No I believe team brazil and I believe anyone in the band. What I won't believe anymore are other people online.

This was a lesson for me.

End of story.

No I believe team brazil and I believe anyone in the band. What I won't believe anymore are other people online.

This was a lesson for me.

Obvious free proboards cupcake.