MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

I can only interpret this as awful news. Why are people being positvie about it? The only positive news would have surely involved new recordings?

If they're playing 2-3 new songs, things are pointing to a shift of focus towards new material. New album...

Although to be fair GNR played new tunes back as early as 2001 and yet the album didn't surface for 7 years after that.

It definitely isn't a bad sign that they want to do some new songs live, however depending on if they actually follow through with it and what happens after that I don't see it as automatically a good sign regarding a new album

Edited by WhazUp

If those songs are indeed three unhead of (by us) Guns N' Roses songs, then it is good news. It does not make much sense though (why play new songs knowing how much the band were burnt by live leaks preceding CD?). I suspect they will be covers or new 'old songs' (e.g. Breakdown).

I can only interpret this as awful news. Why are people being positvie about it? The only positive news would have surely involved new recordings?

If they're playing 2-3 new songs, things are pointing to a shift of focus towards new material. New album...

Although to be fair GNR played new tunes back as early as 2001 and yet the album didn't surface for 7 years after that.

It definitely isn't a bad sign that they want to do some new songs live, however depending on if they actually follow through with that and what follows after the fact it may not necessarily be a good sign in terms of a new album

Yes, hopefully they've learned from that experience.

Could be the reason they've waited so long to present new material this time around. To be more certain that things will progress at a more "normal" pace. As in, "after we debut some of the new songs, the release will be coming out in a few months" (instead of years).

Could be the reason they've waited so long to present new material this time around. To be more certain that things will progress at a more "normal" pace. As in, "after we debut some of the new songs, the release will be coming out in a few months" (instead of years).

I hope so! If things start running smoothly and the ball gets rolling on a new album I will be very happy

Does anyone have the quote or reference or link to when Axl responded to a fan directly asking him about silkworms?

It was something like "yeah we were thinking about releasing that eventually." (or something relatively akin to that)

That was at the Melbourne show. Gunns5 said to Axl "I love Silkworms" and Axl replied "Yeah, we are actually thinking of releasing that later in the year". I was at the show with Gunns5 and spoke to Fernando a bit. I said "You guys gotta put out the next record!!" and he replied "We are trying".

"Asked if there are any plans for GUNS N' ROSES to do anything in the near future, Thal said: "Good question. I've been asking them about plans for a couple of weeks now; I'm waiting for answers. I don't know. I'm guessing If I had to guess, I would think that next year we're gonna do something. But I haven't had any response to my communication, so I don't know."

I wonder why Bumblefoot didn't know about any of this until a day or two ago? Sounds like they are going to be touring for maybe 3-6 months next year. You would have thought he could have had the heads up a little while before us lot.

I don't see how it's breaking news, GN'R have been on tour for the last 4 years... an album announcement would be nice, but as for a tour, I couldn't care less, even if they come over here again, I'm not going to buy tickets, bored with the same setlists. 3 new songs, yeah whatever.. unless it's The General or something in the league of "Rap God" by Eminem. If it's something like "going down", yeah whatever..