MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

This would be my guess.

-As stated, early 2014 South American tour.

-Summer 2014 Vegas Residency.

-Fall/Winter 2014 New Album, followed by 2014/2015 world tour.

My guess is in the time between now and March, they will work on the new album. As for the 2 or 3 songs, my guess is they will play them on the SA tour and the Residency to raise attention for the new album. Most bands play 2 or 3 songs before an album, usually they release 1 or 2 as a pre-album single.

As for what the songs will be, I think it will be either Silkworms, Atlas, Going down, or The General, although, if a SA tour takes place in March, then Ides Of March makes sense too.

I don't get why they would announce it on MYGNRFORUM.com though, considering the band and this forum haven't exactly been on great terms. I also don't get why the source and exact text is being kept secret.

Edited by liers

I don't see how it's breaking news, GN'R have been on tour for the last 4 years... an album announcement would be nice, but as for a tour, I couldn't care less, even if they come over here again, I'm not going to buy tickets, bored with the same setlists. 3 new songs, yeah whatever.. unless it's The General or something in the league of "Rap God" by Eminem. If it's something like "going down", yeah whatever..

I would pay SO MUCH MONEY to see GNR do Rap God every night.
  • Like 1

To be honest I am unimpressed and not surprised.

Same here. To be honest, the only thing that would get my motor runnin' at this point would be a new release. They've been touring since late 2009.

Yay for South America, Mexico, & Vegas I guess? :shrugs:

Looks like more empty promises. They'll tour, everyone will be expecting something big and they'll hibernate after the tours over. Again.

Don't be so gullible, McFly.

Yep. Subs and NGOG are probably going to look like asses after this is all said and done.

Yeah, I thought that (another) SA tour being pretty much imminent was fairly common knowledge...

Hardly a cause to pop any corks. As for new songs, I'll believe it when I hear them.

Edited by sofine11

Remember everyone, this is GN'R so lower your expectations. Actually you could argue it's best not to have expectations.

Yeah, I'm not even trying to be bitter here, I've just been burnt too many times before.

That's how I feel. If we get one new song out of this, it'll be a miracle.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

To be honest I am unimpressed and not surprised.

Same here. To be honest, the only thing that would get my motor runnin' at this point would be a new release. They've been touring since late 2009.

Yay for South America, Mexico, & Vegas I guess? :shrugs:

Pretty much. I mean some new songs live would be pretty cool but honestly I would much prefer a new album THEN a new tour

• Like 1

Some of you guys are hilarious. I think if they were 99% sure that CDII was coming, they'd tell us. So they probably told us what they are reasonably confident they can deliver. More tour dates, perhaps a few new songs.

Yeah it's hardly groundbreaking - but at least they came out with SOMETHING. Still better than silence right? Still better than telling us we'll get CDII and failing to deliver right?

Some of you guys are hilarious. I think if they were 99% sure that CDII was coming, they'd tell us. So they probably told us what they are reasonably confident they can deliver. More tour dates, perhaps a few new songs.

Yeah it's hardly groundbreaking - but at least they came out with SOMETHING. Still better than silence right? Still better than telling us we'll get CDII and failing to deliver right?

Still better?

It STILL sucks and it's still laughable. Case closed. Once bitten twice shy.

You say posters are hilarious and you suggest its because they're not happy with anything..but it's not like the band has given anything concrete to be happy about. More vague messages is all we have. So really, the only thing hilarious here is you.

Edited by ARBeast

Still better?

It STILL sucks and it's still laughable. Case closed. Once bitten twice shy.

You say posters are hilarious and you suggest its because they're not happy with anything..but it's not like the band has given anything concrete to be happy about. More vague messages is all we have. So really, the only thing hilarious here is you.

tumblr_ma0feaG2111qi00ie.jpg