MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

GN'R fans in a nutshell:

RELEASE CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!!!

(They release it..........eventually)

GO ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!

(They go on tour...for a long fuckin' time)

CHANGE THE SETLIST!!!!!! PLAY CIVIL WAR AND ESTRANGED!!!!

(They play a 3+ hour goddamn set with both of those tunes and a ton of others)

STOP PLAYING THE SAME 3+ HOUR SETLIST!!!!!

(They start playing the same 2.5 hour setlist instead. Hey, technically they listened)

STOP TOURING AND MAKE NEW MUSIC!!!!!!

(They stop touring. Then announce some touring that will feature some new music they made)

THIS MUST BE BULLSHIT!!! AXL HATES HIS FANS AND NEVER GIVES THEM WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!! UM, DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN WHATEVER YOU JUST SAID YOU'RE DOING!!!!

...anyone have anything to add to that? I rarely post but thought I'd sum it up nicely for some of ya'll who have clearly never read "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie..."

• Like 1

Fuck yeah, touring with new songs is the only relevant form of touring from now on.

But there's more...

A lot more. While we aren't at liberty to divulge any further, MyGNR encourages you to approach 2014 with a clear sense of optimism.

My guess is: new singles and a release date for a new album and the actual release of the Vegas DVD

If this happens, fucking cool

Sounds like a good way to draw attention to the site without saying much of anything.

"another SA tour" "another potential Vegas residency" ... As far as I'm concerned, the "2 or 3 songs" thing is a throwaway comment. Didn't say whether they were new, UYI deep cuts, or covers. Even if they said new, actual members have said as much in the past and it never transpired. Remember Axl's plan to get Silk Worms out in 2013? Remember Dizzy or DJ's comments about something new going down in Vegas a year or 2 ago?

In a nutshell, sounds like another cash-grab in the making with no little to no reason to believe it will be much different than anything that we've seen in recent years. Unless of course, hearing Jungle and PC in South America again is your thing.

I'm calling let-down. Something will get in the way of "good times ahead" actually coming to fruition.

You gotta love the way people spread their legs as far as possible just to allow themselves to be kicked in the nuts that much harder.

Edited by Kush
  • Like 1

Should probably remind you we were saying 'please release cd' for longer than some posters on this forum have been alive.

If you can't acknowledge the glacial pace that guns moves at, you're a certified nutjob.

I've following these message boards in some form or another/in varying degrees since the AOL message board days in the mid-90s. I remember "I'm not sure if soon is the word", "March 6", etc.

It's their band/Axl's band/the pace is up to them or whatever powers that be in the business. It's the fans' choice to spend money on whatever product they put out or tour they book. To that end, so far, the record they put out was well worth my money as was every time I've seen them live over the last seven years. So I'm not complaining.

If you think the band owes you anything more than a good album if they sell it to you or a good show if they sell you a ticket, you're a certified nut job :book:

PS - the post a couple above this one..."getting kicked in the nuts that much harder"? Jesus. I remember being a teenage drama queen but that's quite a figure of speech regarding what a band does or doesn't do. I'm guessing you've never been kicked in the nuts and I hope it stays that way.

Edited by MarlaHooch

Should probably remind you we were saying 'please release cd' for longer than some posters on this forum have been alive.

If you can't acknowledge the glacial pace that guns moves at, you're a certified nutjob.

Lol...Absolutely. I always love the oversimplifications from those who claim we can NEVER be pleased.

I've following these message boards in some form or another/in varying degrees since the AOL message board days in the mid-90s. I remember "I'm not sure if soon is the word", "March 6", etc.

It's their band/Axl's band/the pace is up to them or whatever powers that be in the business. It's the fans' choice to spend money on whatever product they put out or tour they book. To that end, so far, the record they put out was well worth my money as was every time I've seen them live over the last seven years. So I'm not complaining.

If you think the band owes you anything more than a good album if they sell it to you or a good show if they sell you a ticket, you're a certified nut job :book:

If you don't want to hear dissenting voices, you should either be more realistic or post elsewhere.

If you don't think guns fans have had a raw deal, I can assure you that you'll be in a minority on any board that allows free speech.

The well-practised naivety of the nutters simply doesn't fly around here. Check any thread. And yes, for someone who claims to have been a fan for so long, you come across as either easily taken in or easily pleased.

Either way, don't expect the rest of us to be the same.

If you don't want to hear dissenting voices, you should either be more realistic or post elsewhere.

If you don't think guns fans have had a raw deal, I can assure you that you'll be in a minority on any board that allows free speech.

The well-practised naivety of the nutters simply doesn't fly around here. Check any thread. And yes, for someone who claims to have been a fan for so long, you come across as either easily taken in or easily pleased.

How old are you? Seriously. Yikes.

On the one hand, I'm a "minority on a board that allows free speech", on the other I should "post elsewhere"? On a board that has free speech, per your words?

I'll post wherever I want and say whatever I want, thanks. I've seen the band seven times and own all their records and most of their solo records. I have followed them for 20 years now. I have enough shows on VHS and shows and demos on cassette (remember those?) to fill a small closet. It's my right. Who are you to tell me what to say and where to say it?

I could give less than a rat's ass if you or anyone else agrees with me. The band delivers when they are obligated to and that's all I have a right to expect. I didn't ask anyone to agree with me. I said what I wanted to say. My right. I have no clue what you're going on about me "not wanting to hear dissenting voices" (I posted satire, I could care less about what people on a message board say or think other than...poking fun in this instance). If it bothers you that much to read an angle you don't agree with, perhaps YOU should go elsewhere.

Oh, and Merry fuckin' Christmas.

Edited by MarlaHooch

On the one hand, I'm a "minority on a board that allows free speech", on the other I should "post elsewhere"? On a board that has free speech, per your words?

I'll post wherever I want and say whatever I want, thanks. I've seen the band seven times and own all their records and most of their solo records. I have followed them for 20 years now. I have enough shows on VHS and shows and demos on cassette (remember those?) to fill a small closet. It's my right. Who are you to tell me what to say and where to say it?

I could give less than a rat's ass if you or anyone else agrees with me. The band delivers when they are obligated to and that's all I have a right to expect. I didn't ask anyone to agree with me. I said what I wanted to say. My right. I have no clue what you're going on about me "not wanting to hear dissenting voices" (I posted satire, I could care less about what people on a message board say or think other than...poking fun in this instance). If it bothers you that much to read an angle you don't agree with, perhaps YOU should go elsewhere.

Now that...is an angry post.

• Like 1

Hehe. Sorry I didn't spot the trolling sooner.

I know what cassettes are, but what has this got to do with the value of my opinion? If anything, you seem a little insecure about your right to comment. Why are you listing your music collection? Why are you talking about your closet??

If we could stop talking about you and maybe get back on topic, I'll ask you a question. When in the past have you felt guns have been 'obligated to deliver'? A superfan like you must have felt they have been on a few occasions.

And honestly, where is the 'satire' in your original post?

psh-eye-roll.gif

• Like 1

MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Contrary to the feeling of frustration enveloping MyGNR, the Media Crew can exclusively tell you that things will be hotting up for GNR in 2014.

As previous reports have loosely alluded to, the band will once again embark on a period of touring. Starting in Mexico during mid-March, GNR will pursue a full South American Tour.

If you're elsewhere in the globe however, fear not, because Guns N' Roses will also be hitting parts of the US. This will include a highly-anticipated return to the location of last year's residency - VEGAS.

Furthermore, hold off on labelling this as further pointless touring. We can also exclusively reveal that the band are planning to present 2 to 3 new songs during next year's touring.

But there's more...

A lot more. While we aren't at liberty to divulge any further, MyGNR encourages you to approach 2014 with a clear sense of optimism.

logo.png

Brought to you by the MyGNR Media Crew

Amazing!!! Thanks a lot Media Crew and GN´R Camp. Looking forward to the new songs and tours. I´m proud Mygnrforum fans know how to touch a nerve. :lol::headbang: We made it possible!!!