MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014

Guest NGOG

Hehe. Sorry I didn't spot the trolling sooner.

I know what cassettes are, but what has this got to do with the value of my opinion? If anything, you seem a little insecure about your right to comment. Why are you listing your music collection? Why are you talking about your closet??

If we could stop talking about you and maybe get back on topic, I'll ask you a question. When in the past have you felt guns have been 'obligated to deliver'? A superfan like you must have felt they have been on a few occasions.

And honestly, where is the 'satire' in your original post?

Not insecure - your post more or less says that because I'm "in the minority" with my views and because you think I'm an easily pleased fan, perhaps I should post elsewhere. When it's suggested that because I have a differing view and therefore I should go elsewhere because I don't fit in or something, it's just a little rich is all. I had no comment on your opinions concerning the band, only that you seemed to suggest I go elsewhere due to mine.

I had originally posted a satire suggesting that GN'R fans are never happy no matter what the circumstances are. In an earlier post, I outlined when I feel they're obligated to deliver - basically when money is involved/when they're selling me a product such as an album or a concert ticket. To that end, I thought Chinese Democracy was for the most part a masterpiece. Every time I've bought a ticket to their shows since 2006 (7 times, I sat out 2002), they've put on a fantastic, 3 hour show and given it their all.

My original post satirizes what Axl once referred to as folks' false sense of entitlement. No band owes their fans information. Tool and Van Halen get a lot of crap from their hardcore fans for the same thing. As far as I'm concerned, when they come at me for my business, they've delivered every time. That's all they owe me. I don't think anyone gets to have expectations as far as how folks manage their business whether its music or anything else.

You made your post about me, so I responded back accordingly. Hopefully I've answered your question. Peace.

Edited by MarlaHooch

No band owes their fans information. No-one gets to have expectations.

You really are a nutter.

Yeah, well, anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing the new material and looking forward to seeing the band again. I think it was cool of them to put out an update - though it was by no means "owed" to me.

Looks like more empty promises. They'll tour, everyone will be expecting something big and they'll hibernate after the tours over. Again. Don't be so gullible, McFly.

Yep. Subs and NGOG are probably going to look like asses after this is all said and done.

Not for anyone with any (GNR) common sense. Management have confirmed the story and are hoping to release the dates ASAP.

None of us are that naive to think all will be amazing but it's news that's been confirmed like I said, don't shoot the messenger!

• Like 4

We can also exclusively reveal that the band are planning to present 2 to 3 new songs during next year's touring.

This is the only part I'm interested in. And sadly they're only "planning" to play new songs. So it's not even certain. I hope that for once there will be no mystical blockage stopping them...

I hope to see a revamped set list. I don't mind if it stays the same most of the tour but it would be cool to start the shows off a little different. I think the new songs will add to it for sure, I'd also be a fan of seeing a couple more Chinese democracy songs and I've always liked pretty tied up and yesterday's...I know it's only a 2-3 hour show though.

Hope nobody sees this as me complaining already, but I think most of us are hoping for something fresh next year. Should be interesting!

It's so easy to be cynical when it comes to this band, but the mention of "new songs" is a pretty interesting development from the band that time forgot.

I've been kicking around the idea of going to Vegas for years, if there's a new release before those shows shit could get interesting. If it's just playing a couple of new songs it will be great but still not what we all want. Just let them be unreleased new songs and not covers or songs from previous albums. Not that I'm against doing that as well, but for the love of God ...

Just Move Forward, please.

Touring the US again? I thought europe draw bigger crowds, just seems the US are little more than 3000 capacity.

I guess this is good news for fans over the water but leaving out Europe next summer kind of sucks.

2-3 songs is promising but sounds like the bare minimum to tour an already weather set list. I'm hoping this leads to an album in Nov 2014 though, then it would all make sense.

In any case this is good news i just hoped i'd see GNR a little closer to home.

And I'm guessing Fernando sent Subs a message or something. Its pretty funny Axl and co threw us a bone considering our history, but that is defiantly a good sign!

Really hoping they follow threw with new songs (ACTUAL new songs like General, Atlas, Ides, Soul Monster, etc and not covers or old songs)

Why should we believe this "mygnr exclusive" is reliable? Any source?

Management have confirmed the story and are hoping to release the dates ASAP.

well, then this is awesome news.. and i guess they didn't say everything.. when will they release the announcement then? can SUBS say anything about that?