This I Love...was it intended for Slash on lead guitar?

Ace Nova

Finck did a great solo, along with Better he did great. I wonder if there ever was a Slash solo on it or if it was one of the songs Axl wanted Slash to play on CD. SOD and TWAT could also be Slash.

TIL, Better, SOD, TWAT all very GNR.

Street of Seymour was a working title..

What did he exactly write in the early 90s? The lyrics or the piano sheet?

The issue was, Slash hated November Rain and hated this song. Slash hates ballads, even though ballads are necessary for great bands to have success. They just change things up. Notice Slash never does ballads on his own.

Isn't Back to the Moment considered a ballad? What about Far and Away?

Maybe I'm a bit confused.

Axl: I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called 'This I Love', that's the heaviest thing that I've ever done [Hit Parader, 1993]

So I guess a demo version of Axl playing piano and singing was recorded while on the UYI tour. The song itself was probably written in France in June 1992.

Axl: I wrote and recorded a new love song that I want on the next record called 'This I Love', that's the heaviest thing that I've ever done [Hit Parader, 1993]

So I guess a demo version of Axl playing piano and singing was recorded while on the UYI tour. The song itself was probably written in France in June 1992.

Thanks for that quote.

But the heaviest thing? Really? :lol:

Thanks for that quote.

Emotionally speaking I guess.

Sometimes, I wonder if any of those complaining about "cheesy" lyrics have ever been in love with someone.

That, and like, the fact that guns probably could have retired off the sales of those singles alone. If not retired, at least lived comfortably for several years on.

I don't think the lyrics of TIL are cheesy, I just think the original version of the song is boring and depressing, which makes it the song on CD I like the least.

That said, I like the new version from the leak, oddly. Axl's vocals are awesome and I like how the song has a more upbeat feel.

Thanks for that quote.

Emotionally heavy, I would think.

Robin's soulful, emotional solo on this song is so much like Slash's style, that I don't think its too unrealistic to think that there may be a much earlier version of this song kicking around somewhere with Slash playing the solo. In fact, its quite possible that Robin's solo is strongly based on Slash's much earlier work.

It's a Stephanie ballad, and was started in 1993-1994, so I would assume so

I actually think it was originally about Erin. Miser cracked that one I believe. I think the lyrics were written before he met Steph, if not mistaken.

Correct.

Good question, KK. I've wondered how TIL would sound with a Slash solo too. I was never a fan of Robin's solo - it's too shreaky for me. I think a bluesy solo would have fit the song better.

It's a very heavy, emotional song for Axl to sing....it's pretty obvious when he sings it here for instance...

Axl sounds like he's sitting on a cold toilet seat for the first half of that song The second half it looks like his balls are taking some sort of beating...

Yikes.

It's a very heavy, emotional song for Axl to sing....it's pretty obvious when he sings it here for instance...

Axl sounds like he's sitting on a cold toilet seat for the first half of that song The second half it looks like his balls are taking some sort of beating...

Yikes.

So I see you're not a fan of Axl's rasp....

Yikes.

Edited by trqster