New Clip Discussion

Coma16

"If youre running a fansite, youve gotta ask yourself who youre doing it for. Are you doing it to get closer to the band? Or are you doing it to serve the fans? Johnny Firecloud [Antiquiet co-founder] and I ran a big fansite back in the day for A Perfect Circle. We pissed that band off so much, posting shit we werent supposed to, refusing to take said shit down until we got a substantial statement in return for the fans to chew on. But once you start censoring yourself, then you start becoming little more than an extension of the bands cocktease official site, only youre not getting paid. You know what? No matter how close you may get to the band, youre still going to be the fanboy (or girl)... unless you sell drugs too, I guess. The relationship you build with the fans is way more valuable in every single way. Theyll be there for you at the end of the day." - Kevin 'Skwerl' Cogill.

Manets, posting this seems a little hypocritical given that you were chatting directly with beta 2 weeks ago. How regularly does she call you?

HV we support mygnr not msl, that's why we're here. Personally I find they guy's way of conducting himself so repellent I wouldn't patronise his site even if it was official.

But if you want to defuse things, we need to get it out in the open. Why did you say you'd deleted the clips when you hadn't? Was it just to cover yourself legally? This isn't a major deal - it's a white lie told out of necessity, and most of us would do the same. But you gotta come clean about it.

I don't believe for a second MSL is just sitting on solid proof HV schemed a full scale attack on his site and himself.

Why?

Look at how rabid he went with the story of Manets "ratting" HV out. Just head on over to his site and look at the heyday he had with that "proof".

But he's sitting on solid proof HV tried buttfucking him? Including an apparent confession from Subs saying HV sent the clip to "everyone"? Naw. If he coulda, he woulda.

His little plot is as transparent as a ghost.

• Like 2

If we had a real full leak or multiple I would be more inclined to be into all this drama, but dudes this clip is sooo not very important. Give me the real stuff.

So are there any talks or more stuff being out there and someone leaking ?

yeah exactly it is a 3 minute clip of shit we already have or have heard and some (horrible) remixes of songs done 15+ years ago.

I don't believe for a second MSL is just sitting on solid proof HV schemed a full scale attack on his site and himself.

Why?

Look at how rabid he went with the story of Manets "ratting" HV out. Just head on over to his site and look at the heyday he had with that "proof".

But he's sitting on solid proof HV tried buttfucking him? Including an apparent confession from Subs saying HV sent the clip to "everyone"? Naw. If he coulda, he woulda.

His little plot is as transparent as a ghost.

No-one believes that shit. But he's exploiting hv's reluctance to front up on one small misdemeanour.

"If youre running a fansite, youve gotta ask yourself who youre doing it for. Are you doing it to get closer to the band? Or are you doing it to serve the fans? Johnny Firecloud [Antiquiet co-founder] and I ran a big fansite back in the day for A Perfect Circle. We pissed that band off so much, posting shit we werent supposed to, refusing to take said shit down until we got a substantial statement in return for the fans to chew on. But once you start censoring yourself, then you start becoming little more than an extension of the bands cocktease official site, only youre not getting paid. You know what? No matter how close you may get to the band, youre still going to be the fanboy (or girl)... unless you sell drugs too, I guess. The relationship you build with the fans is way more valuable in every single way. Theyll be there for you at the end of the day." - Kevin 'Skwerl' Cogill.

Manets, posting this seems a little hypocritical given that you were chatting directly with beta 2 weeks ago. How regularly does she call you?

It's not hypocritical. I may have spoken to her once, that doesn't mean I'd fuck over a fellow fan in order to get closer to the band or that I don't value my relationship with the community more than with them.

It's not hypocritical. I may have spoken to her once, that doesn't mean I'd fuck over a fellow fan in order to get closer to the band or that I don't value my relationship with the community more than with them.

You threw HV under the bus because you "thought" something with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. You should have told her that you had nothing to announce at that time.

• Like 2

Sometimes MSL's insanity simply amazes me.

His willingness to hurt other people in order to satisfy his need for attention is astounding.

Here MSL, have 120 seconds of my time and attention and thought. I thought you were insane when you were pulling your shenanigans here years ago, now we are here.

I still won't register on your site or anything though.

I always liked it here. Just like you.

I hope you get help and get better at some point in your remaining lifetime.

merry xmas, bro.

• Like 1

My one and only post on this matter is because my name has been mentioned on something which is completely inaccurate. A member of our forum contacted me via PM to say MSL had stated (and sent me the link) "....Subs has since acknowledged that HV lied and sent the (leak) clips to everyone..." Firstly, I said no such thing, secondly my comments were in private and it's really disappointing to read that. I said (PRIVATELY to MSL) ".... none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes but I have NO IDEA what's happened but what I will say is I swear on my daughters life Chris (HV) hasn't set you up, he's just not that type of person at all"

I don't want to make any further comment as it only adds to the drama but I cant have something quoting me which is wrong and/or inaccurate.

Subs, HV, and everyone else. I think you guys are all awesome and I love how this place is run. In all respect to Eric and all past mods, I think the forum has never been better than it has been in the past few years (minus a few lame months because of certain people).

Anyways, I am grateful that you are all so cool with giving people second (and third, fourth...) chances but I really do not understand why MSL is still allowed to post here. He never adds anything positive or constructive, he stirs shit just to get people talking about him, he is condescending and critical of other people and opinions, and the general sentiment is that he is unwanted here because of these issues. Furthermore, he is openly calling out, attacking, and accusing all of you in the mod team.

How is that ok?

And if you read this- MSL, I have apologized to you in the past and I stand by those. I called you a liar for many things and that was proved wrong. I don't know you as a person but what I do know is that every time you are on here, trouble follows. I also was here in 2011, and witnessed firsthand your horribly inappropriate behavior. You have your own website and are free to enjoy and post there. You ave repeatedly said you would not post here, yet you keep coming back. I think it would be best if you stay on your own site if Subs is kind enough to not ban you.

To be honest I've been inundated from genuine members like you asking for MSL to be banned. I always believe in being fair and open and until he breaks the forum rules (and not just saying he wants mygnr to die) I don't think it's right. BUT, I appreciate what you're saying and ultimately this forum is bigger than one person (myself included) and I want the community to be happy. We need to move forward on this issue at some stage or I'll be forced to take evasive action at some point. For now, we need to let things settle down.

PS - thank you for your kind words! :)

• Like 1

Its all good. The thing that makes MYGNR so great is that it has always been about the central- main inner circle of the GNR fanatics. That sounds corny but its true.

Volcano hates Slash, John Bonham rips on Axl, people hate this, people love that, and a hundred more examples. We all fight and disagree, but that is what makes this place so great- that freedom of opinion and deep down, I am pretty sure we are all happy to have this great blend of views here, even if certain people piss you off. The size of this forum attests to that, its bigger than pretty much every other big band's forum and by a large margin. Hell, the majority of posting on here isn't even about GNR anymore, and that is really cool.

It is just sad that one poster thinks he is above all that and likes to really throw as many wrenches into this place's dynamic as possible. I am all about chances and freedom of speech too, so I completely understand where you are coming from, it is just frustrating to sit through every time MSL decides he wants some more attention. He is no different than you, me, or any other non band member registered here. We are all just people that came together here because we had a mutual interest in a rock band. MSL, if you read that please think about it. We are all on the same playing field here. No opinion is better than the opinion of the person next to you.

• Like 1