New Clip Discussion

Coma16

The mods need to be involved if this bait and hook is related to the same person. given there are now people in this forum who can identify the person using that username (which would not be the case in a hook and bait). Someone directly involved in this situation needs to contact that username via pm.

I think Shawn that no matter who is right or wrong it would be best for you to put things on hold until this situation is resolved one way or the other. If nothing else than for your own safety.

Humble advice to HV and mods: Ignore this shit. Don't reply to it any more than you have. I know you want to clarify things, but it only fuels another 10 pages of nonsense. Ignore the crazies and they will soon return to their crazy caves.

Bullshit! I ain't going anywhere!

You can't return to your crazy cave. It was called Attitude and it is no more. You are in exile, my friend.

• Like 1

Humble advice to HV and mods: Ignore this shit. Don't reply to it any more than you have. I know you want to clarify things, but it only fuels another 10 pages of nonsense. Ignore the crazies and they will soon return to their crazy caves.

You can't return to your crazy cave. It was called Attitude and it is no more. You are in exile, my friend.
See that Subsy and HV? You've reduced me to a crazy homeless person. :fuckyou:
  • Like 1

Perhaps I'm just sick of the forum dramas and it's turned me negative but here's my honest thoughts:

But the band doesn't do guitar songs anymore do they?

Wrong. Soooooooooooooo wrong.

Better is one of their most guitar driven songs, on par with Coma. CD, actually, has some of the best riffs this band has ever written, melodically speaking, of course (if you don't like them, that's your opinion and I respect that). Slash is an outstanding soloist and definetely a lead guitar player, but he always left riffing in second place and riffs are a very important part of "guitar songs".

Not saying Slash doesn't make guitar songs or decent riffs, he wrote Coma after all, but in CD the guitars have a important role both in the riffs and solos, if you took your time to listen carefully to CD you would note what each guitar is doing, even on that bloated mess. It is amazing.

Listen to the whammy lines above the intro riff in Better, the rotovibe verses in Sorry, they build all the atmosphere in the song, the envelope filter right before the palm muted verses in Shackler's, a song with a very interesting solo with what I believe to be a ring modulator + wah combination, perhaps a chorus with a high rate too or a fluttering tremolo (I've never seen anybody in guns with a Floyd or Kahler) though or the twin guitar riffs in Prostitute and TWAT. Chi Dem also features fretlles guitar riffs on the verses, not to mention the solos that are all over CITR, SOD and Madagascar. CD is truly an amazing album for a guitar player to explore.

TIL is not a guitar song, true, but Gn'R always had those, like NR, so what's the matter?

Perhaps I'm just sick of the forum dramas and it's turned me negative but here's my honest thoughts:

Better is one of their most guitar driven songs, on par with Coma. CD, actually, has some of the best riffs this band has ever written, melodically speaking, of course

That's a bit of a stretch. There aren't that many memorable riffs on CD to be honest. Melodically speaking, the ones that stick out are just dissonant weirdness, and have nothing to do with the GNR guitar sound.

Edited by moreblack

Ban this person please. He's the real problem of this forum. Quick! Ban him!

• Like 1

Better is one of their most guitar driven songs, on par with Coma. CD, actually, has some of the best riffs this band has ever written, melodically speaking, of course

That's a bit of a stretch. There aren't that many memorable riffs on CD to be honest.

Funny you deleted the part where I said that if he, or anybody (you, for example), didn't like the riffs it was their opinion and I would respect that, yeah I respect yours too. I'm disapointed with ya, MB. I thought you were better than this.

I don't know what makes a riff memorable to you. Still, it doesn't take the more melodical riffs from the album, which was what I was talking about to begin with, not their quality per se, that's a personal opinion matter and there's no right and wrong there.

It is funny, however, that someone who always dissed that album, like you, have listened to it enough to be able to give an unbiased judgement on details of said album.

"If youre running a fansite, youve gotta ask yourself who youre doing it for. Are you doing it to get closer to the band? Or are you doing it to serve the fans? Johnny Firecloud [Antiquiet co-founder] and I ran a big fansite back in the day for A Perfect Circle. We pissed that band off so much, posting shit we werent supposed to, refusing to take said shit down until we got a substantial statement in return for the fans to chew on. But once you start censoring yourself, then you start becoming little more than an extension of the bands cocktease official site, only youre not getting paid. You know what? No matter how close you may get to the band, youre still going to be the fanboy (or girl)... unless you sell drugs too, I guess. The relationship you build with the fans is way more valuable in every single way. Theyll be there for you at the end of the day." - Kevin 'Skwerl' Cogill.

Manets, posting this seems a little hypocritical given that you were chatting directly with beta 2 weeks ago. How regularly does she call you?

Yaay so Manets fuck MSL in the ass with his phone call to beta

Manets, after the ridiculous response Beta/Fernando gave you with the five forum questions, why would you even take her call now?

This entire thing is ridiculous. And embarrassing to all GnR fans and members of both forums.

MSL's forum is obsessed with talking about mygnrforum. There is a group there that obsessively hates this forum and talks about it pretty much on a daily basis. They hate it..........but can't stop talking about it.

High Voltage.........MSL has publically said he wants this forum to die. He has badmouthed you, called you every name in the book, called you a liar. Why let him continue to get free publicity for himself and his forum. Simply ban him and stop letting him pollute your forum. Every time he comes here it just starts huge negative interactions with long time forum posters. Don't bring yourself down to his level and don't take his bait. Nothing will make him more upset than you not letting him post here, and for you to stop talking about him. He feeds off of it.

Only in the world of GnR. Incredible.

Oh - and Beta/Fernando.......sure wish you guys put as much energy into promoting GnR's next album and tour rather than this idiotic forum feuding crap.

• Like 2

Ban this person please. He's the real problem of this forum. Quick! Ban him!

Oh sure, kick me when I'm down. Next you'll be offering me $5 to pull out teeth and fight the next bum in line.

I'll take it.