New Clip Discussion

Coma16

As this person has now leaked the studio version of Ballad of Death, we can rule out the notion that HV is responsible.

Really? where is it?

Bonham is also saying at gunsnfnroses.com that Silkworms and Oh My god the full songs might have leaked as well.

It's on a certain Soundcloud account.

I wonder where this person obtained full songs? MSL perhaps? The mask is slipping.

Refreshing his/her account every 5 minutes to see if something new has leaked, huh? :D

As this person has now leaked the studio version of Ballad of Death, we can rule out the notion that HV is responsible.

Really? where is it?

Bonham is also saying at gunsnfnroses.com that Silkworms and Oh My god the full songs might have leaked as well.

No, I was mistaken.

Some idiot was spamming all over mygnr this morning to make it look like the individual songs had leaked in full.

MIser lol

He's not Miser, we've been over this before.

Really? where is it?

No, I was mistaken.

Some idiot was spamming all over mygnr this morning to make it look like the individual songs had leaked in full.

Oh ok, sorry about that.

The new clips show that at least ashba is running a few things production wise and recording wise. So thats good. And with small leaks clips like this its just a matter of time before we get the full songs. So out of these. Its a good thing to think there might be some truth to the brain maybe now Ashba remix albim stuff to come out in perhaps 2014?

I just really want to know why all this work is apparently done and none of this stuff ever legitimately materialises... We're all aware that there's something which prevents GN'R from just putting music out in the way that 99.9% of bands manage to do. No-one has ever put a name to it beyond simply saying "Axl Rose, duh", but that's not really a satisfactory explanation; no-one ever talks about what his potential reasons for making things so complicated are...

Why does he do all this work and then find it so difficult to publish it? What is different about the release process for him compared to everyone else's attitude to it? He's said in the past he isn't working on all this stuff to hoard it... I just really don't get it.

• Like 1

I just really want to know why all this work is apparently done and none of this stuff ever legitimately materialises... We're all aware that there's something which prevents GN'R from just putting music out in the way that 99.9% of bands manage to do. No-one has ever put a name to it beyond simply saying "Axl Rose, duh", but that's not really a satisfactory explanation; no-one ever talks about what his potential reasons for making things so complicated are...

Why does he do all this work and then find it so difficult to publish it? What is different about the release process for him compared to everyone else's attitude to it? He's said in the past he isn't working on all this stuff to hoard it... I just really don't get it.

I'm sorry you don't get it. It is so glaringly obvious.

Spell it out for me.

According to documents stolen from Beta's personal email document, there was a plan to re-launch Chinese Democracy during 2011. The Dj Ashba version of 'Better' was supposed to spearhead that campaign.

Clearly the merits of a re-release was questioned within the camp and it was scrapped as a possibility.

According to documents stolen from Beta's personal email document, there was a plan to re-launch Chinese Democracy during 2011. The Dj Ashba version of 'Better' was supposed to spearhead that campaign.

Clearly the merits of a re-release was questioned within the camp and it was scrapped as a possibility.

According to DJ the version that we heard wasn't the final one.

Edited by Powerage5

Where are you getting this from? That list of 101 e-mails doesn't mention this as far as I can see.

Where are you getting this from? That list of 101 e-mails doesn't mention this as far as I can see.

I thought it mentioned the new DJ Better as well as BITW.

Nothing about either on that list. Better Gone is mentioned, though.

A lot of that list is clearly bullshit as well, like this:

"066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram"

Tommy's made it clear in interviews he's not a fan of RTB's rerecording demands.

Edited by Amir

Spell it out for me.

The label and business in general do not care a damn about new Guns N' Roses. The label recouped the advance money they paid Axl for Chinese and they have no interest in going all-out to properly promote another new album and the new band in the way Axl thinks it deserves for several reasons: 1) If it was the old band they'd make a lot more money with a lot less effort 2) They don't like dealing with Axl 3) The new Band is considered an industry-wide joke 4) They have other acts who make them far more money and are far more relevant in 2013. If, for example, one of the reunion plots had worked at some point in the last decade and Axl had made a record with the old band, the label would have treated it very differently to Chinese.

Obviously something seems to be getting worked out now according to this MYGNR report but I doubt the label are going to treat a New Guns album with any great enthusiasm ever.

-

As for the clips: This I Love is SICK. I have been so excited to hear that ever since MSL talked about it on his podcast and it doesn't disappoint. I rarely listen to the studio This I Love because the 2010 live versions are so superior vocally, especially on the chorus. I really hope the chorus is just one vocal and not multi-layered like the old studio one. Cannot wait to hear the full version.

Have you ever read the article MSL published which summarized aspects of the documents?

On December 16, Guns N' Roses took the stage in Abu Dhabi to cap off the most recent leg of the never-ending Chinese Democracy World Tour.

On December 15, Guns N' Roses manager Doc McGhee was informed by members of the band that Tommy Stinson did not intend to take the stage.

And now, on February 2, those same band members find themselves uninformed, unpaid and searching for the same answers as the rabid GNR fanbase . . .

What is next for Guns N' Roses?

Answering that question is nearly impossible and Doc McGhee is just the latest in a long line of managers learning first hand that no matter what you have planned, at any point, W. Axl Rose may take his ball and go home.

While McGhee refused to comment for this story, documents recently received by mistersaintlaurent. com reveal a very thorough and dedicated plan to re-market Chinese Democracy in the US later this year.

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

The album reissue would contain new artwork and a second disc containing bonus material. In addition to remixes of tracks from the album, the bonus disc would contain a new song 'Blood In The Water' as well as a new version of 'Better' featuring DJ Ashba, which would serve as the radio single for the reissue.

All of this would be announced February 7, with a secret show the day before the Super Bowl (February 5) at The Lodge in Dallas. Yet, it's February 2 and those in the GNR camp that were willing to speak to mistersaintlaurent. com insist they have not received any airfare or itinerary.

While nobody would dispute that a very disappointed Axl Rose has holed himself up at home once again, most agreed he was justifiably upset.

"When we got back to the states, we expected Doc to have a US tour ready for us," said one member of Guns N' Roses that spoke with mistersaintlaurent. com. "When we found out things were still up in the air, everyone was deflated, but Axl took the news the worst," he continued.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GNR as well about sponsoring a tour.

The answer may very well lie with Axl's previous manager, the mega powerful Irving Azoff. With Azoff controlling everything from venues to ticketing, many have accused Azoff of interfering with Doc's plan of attack for 2011.

So with the tour appearing to be off, where does that leave things with Best Buy? Although Best Buy had been burned by the first release of Chinese Democracy, they've pledged major funds to help market a reissue. Will they continue to be so supportive when clearly it is impossible for Guns N' Roses to reliably stick to any sort of plan.

And if and when the band returns, who will be playing bass? It wasn't that long ago that Duff McKagan appeared on stage with the band, a move that shocked fans throughout the world.

But what wasn't publically known at the time was that for years there have been internal discussions about canning Stinson due to problems with alcohol as well as his treatment of staff and crew. What role this played in Stinson threatening to not take the stage in Abu Dhabi is not known, but what is known is that as far back as 2008, Axl and other members of the band had many discussions about the pros and cons of a Duff return, a return Duff has privately expressed interest in repeatedly behind closed doors.

So what is next for Guns N' Roses? Unfortunately, not even Guns N' Roses itself knows the answer to that question.

Nothing about either on that list. Better Gone is mentioned, though.

A lot of that list is clearly bullshit as well, like this:

"066. June 2008 Axl email complaining about Tommy siding with Roy over Caram"

Tommy's made it clear in interviews he's not a fan of RTB's rerecording demands.

Sorry you are right. I was thinking of Better Gone.

Have you ever read the article MSL published which summarized aspects of the documents?

On December 16, Guns N' Roses took the stage in Abu Dhabi to cap off the most recent leg of the never-ending Chinese Democracy World Tour.

On December 15, Guns N' Roses manager Doc McGhee was informed by members of the band that Tommy Stinson did not intend to take the stage.

And now, on February 2, those same band members find themselves uninformed, unpaid and searching for the same answers as the rabid GNR fanbase . . .

Answering that question is nearly impossible and Doc McGhee is just the latest in a long line of managers learning first hand that no matter what you have planned, at any point, W. Axl Rose may take his ball and go home.

While McGhee refused to comment for this story, documents recently received by mistersaintlaurent. com reveal a very thorough and dedicated plan to re-market Chinese Democracy in the US later this year.

A full North American arena tour and Best Buy exclusive reissue of Chinese Democracy would both launch on March 29. The tour would run through May 17 and hit 30 markets, including NY, LA, Vegas, Ft. Lauderdale, Boston, Detroit, Toronto, Indianapolis, Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, DC, Denver, San Jose, Calgary, Winnipeg, Omaha and Houston.

The album reissue would contain new artwork and a second disc containing bonus material. In addition to remixes of tracks from the album, the bonus disc would contain a new song 'Blood In The Water' as well as a new version of 'Better' featuring DJ Ashba, which would serve as the radio single for the reissue.

All of this would be announced February 7, with a secret show the day before the Super Bowl (February 5) at The Lodge in Dallas. Yet, it's February 2 and those in the GNR camp that were willing to speak to mistersaintlaurent. com insist they have not received any airfare or itinerary.

While nobody would dispute that a very disappointed Axl Rose has holed himself up at home once again, most agreed he was justifiably upset.

"When we got back to the states, we expected Doc to have a US tour ready for us," said one member of Guns N' Roses that spoke with mistersaintlaurent. com. "When we found out things were still up in the air, everyone was deflated, but Axl took the news the worst," he continued.

But why is Doc McGhee having so much trouble finalizing a North American tour? Multiple sponsors have already signed on, including John Varvatos, Bloomingdales and Deleon Tequila. Companies such as Monster Energy and Harley-Davidson have had discussions with GNR as well about sponsoring a tour.

The answer may very well lie with Axl's previous manager, the mega powerful Irving Azoff. With Azoff controlling everything from venues to ticketing, many have accused Azoff of interfering with Doc's plan of attack for 2011.

So with the tour appearing to be off, where does that leave things with Best Buy? Although Best Buy had been burned by the first release of Chinese Democracy, they've pledged major funds to help market a reissue. Will they continue to be so supportive when clearly it is impossible for Guns N' Roses to reliably stick to any sort of plan.

And if and when the band returns, who will be playing bass? It wasn't that long ago that Duff McKagan appeared on stage with the band, a move that shocked fans throughout the world.

But what wasn't publically known at the time was that for years there have been internal discussions about canning Stinson due to problems with alcohol as well as his treatment of staff and crew. What role this played in Stinson threatening to not take the stage in Abu Dhabi is not known, but what is known is that as far back as 2008, Axl and other members of the band had many discussions about the pros and cons of a Duff return, a return Duff has privately expressed interest in repeatedly behind closed doors.

So what is next for Guns N' Roses? Unfortunately, not even Guns N' Roses itself knows the answer to that question.

Hm. I'd take this with a grain of salt. BITW isn't really a new song, it's a Prostitute remix, though hats off to MSL if that was the first mention of BITW (was it?). And it's hard to imagine Duff coming back without Slash, what would be the point? It's not the kind of music he's interesting in making, and he's well off financially. And DJ said in the chat that the Better remix/cover was a quick thing he put together, and it sounds like it. Why redo an old song with your new guitarist instead of just writing a new song together? I think there's truth interspersed with fantasy.

I think there's truth interspersed with fantasy.

Do you believe that Axl was happy with the way Chinese got released? Even Jarmo was hinting that GNR would re-release Chinese before moving onto completely new songs.

Do you believe that Axl was happy with the way Chinese got released? Even Jarmo was hinting that GNR would re-release Chinese before moving onto completely new songs.

I do think he wanted alternate covers, and I wish those had gotten released. What's weird is that there's no mention of remixes/extra songs in those booklets. So I think there was a re-release planned, but I don't know if these remixes would have been part of that.

This latest batch of leaks seems to me to come from e-mails again. Remixes sent from Brain to Fernando/Beta/Axl, and Bumble sending Axl his guitar tracks on top of songs like Going Down, OMG, Silkworms. Also, DJ sending Axl his demos of studio versions of his solos.

Spell it out for me.

The label and business in general do not care a damn about new Guns N' Roses. The label recouped the advance money they paid Axl for Chinese and they have no interest in going all-out to properly promote another new album and the new band in the way Axl thinks it deserves for several reasons: 1) If it was the old band they'd make a lot more money with a lot less effort 2) They don't like dealing with Axl 3) The new Band is considered an industry-wide joke 4) They have other acts who make them far more money and are far more relevant in 2013. If, for example, one of the reunion plots had worked at some point in the last decade and Axl had made a record with the old band, the label would have treated it very differently to Chinese.

Obviously something seems to be getting worked out now according to this MYGNR report but I doubt the label are going to treat a New Guns album with any great enthusiasm ever.

Were that the case then we can hardly blame Axl for the delays, really (most of us still will); but the way you say it, it's the label's shitty attitude that's the problem.

I do think he wanted alternate covers, and I wish those had gotten released. What's weird is that there's no mention of remixes/extra songs in those booklets.

I think you're confused. Those booklets weren't part of subsequent re-release plans, they were supposed to be part of the original release.