MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014 - Part II

Broskirose

gnr should just give up if they are going to be just a vegas attraction.

I too am not as pumped as others seem to be about this

It would be different if Axl was at his 2010 level, there was a new album to be exited about, and if there had been more stuff going on between the last Vegas thing and now.

• Like 1

Ok 2-3 new songs played live sounds pretty cool , and I know any news is good news in GNR. But all this means nothing if there is no new album released during this, I've been telling the same tale since shortly after CD's release. Endless touring alone is not conducive to pushing the New GNR band forward.

Ugh I dunno. Vegas is pretty far an expensive to get there. Maybe I could do New York.

Vegas is about the same price depending on your flights and one helluva lot cheaper for accomodation and spending money once you get there.

• Like 3

I just hope he's up for promoting the gig like he did last year. I would love to see an Axl Rose and Howard Stern interview at some point.

Joe Rogan and Adam Carolla wouldn't be too bad either.

Even Mötley Crüe and the Bret michaels experience still sells out arenas.

Nothing wrong with a residency, even for a second run, but frankly it is hard to swallow that a band that could have been the next Rolling Stones ended up being Wayne Newton.

No one's thought of Vegas like that in 20 years.

I hope Axl doesn't do any promotion. TV interviews and talk shows humanize him which detract from his mystique. I feel like Slash has overexposed himself at this point and now I just think of him as some sort of barker. Axl is still an artist because he has never made himself a commodity.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I just hope he's up for promoting the gig like he did last year. I would love to see an Axl Rose and Howard Stern interview at some point.

Joe Rogan and Adam Carolla wouldn't be too bad either.

Even Mötley Crüe and the Bret michaels experience still sells out arenas.

Nothing wrong with a residency, even for a second run, but frankly it is hard to swallow that a band that could have been the next Rolling Stones ended up being Wayne Newton.

No one's thought of Vegas like that in 20 years.

Celine Dion then? Point being, of all the bands from that era, I'm sure few thought at the time GNR would be one Of the bands doing Vegas residencies in 20 years. But it's where they're at now, have to make money somehow and doing a large number of shows in one place relatively near your home is a pretty sweet gig. It's good they're active and we'll get to hear Axl's voice.

I hope Axl doesn't do any promotion. TV interviews and talk shows humanize him which detract from his mystique. I feel like Slash has overexposed himself at this point and now I just think of him as some sort of barker. Axl is still an artist because he has never made himself a commodity.

That really worked for Chinese Democracy. :lol: