MYGNR EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS ON GNR PLANS FOR 2014 - Part II

Broskirose

They're stories I've been told from an insider that I have ran past the bands management before being released.

Just out of curiosity, as I haven't read the entire thread..........who are these exclusive breaking news tidbits being attributed to? This information is coming straight from the band's management team? From Beta.....Fernando.........Del..........Axl?

No source has been given so it's all a rumor until it is officially confirmed..

No, a source has been given. The stories were approved by management :)

So GnR's "management" ..............gotcha. Thanks!

It just seems weird that they didn't release an official statement.

Not trying to be negative, but it seems like by doing it this route they are giving themselves an "out" down the line if the plans don't work.

Most band's management teams would make an official statement, signed off by the band's manager.

Why is everything so difficult and secretive in the GnR camp? It seems like they don't do anything without there being some sort of weird angle attached to it.

I know exactly what you mean!

Well it's what was said -- like I keep saying, if it doesn't come off, don't shoot the messenger! I mean, you all will!!!

I appreciate you guys and all the work you do on the forum. This is the best rock forum on the web!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand why "management" can't do things properly. They complain about "fans" being negative......but they constantly do things to make fans react that way. Videos? Interviews? Movie theatre releases? Concert DVD releases? Remix album? Tours? New album? These are all things that other bands not only communicate with their fans about, but they actually release them! They give straight forward answers. Yes, no, we hope, our plans are for. But with Beta/Fernando/Axl - they never just give you a straight answer. They give these open ended statements that give you just a little bit of the information and then a lot of fluff. But they never just give a straight forward real answer.

They're stories I've been told from an insider that I have ran past the bands management before being released.

Just out of curiosity, as I haven't read the entire thread..........who are these exclusive breaking news tidbits being attributed to? This information is coming straight from the band's management team? From Beta.....Fernando.........Del..........Axl?

No source has been given so it's all a rumor until it is officially confirmed..

No, a source has been given. The stories were approved by management :)

So GnR's "management" ..............gotcha. Thanks!

It just seems weird that they didn't release an official statement.

Not trying to be negative, but it seems like by doing it this route they are giving themselves an "out" down the line if the plans don't work.

Most band's management teams would make an official statement, signed off by the band's manager.

Why is everything so difficult and secretive in the GnR camp? It seems like they don't do anything without there being some sort of weird angle attached to it.

I know exactly what you mean!

Well it's what was said -- like I keep saying, if it doesn't come off, don't shoot the messenger! I mean, you all will!!!

I appreciate you guys and all the work you do on the forum. This is the best rock forum on the web!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand why "management" can't do things properly. They complain about "fans" being negative......but they constantly do things to make fans react that way. Videos? Interviews? Movie theatre releases? Concert DVD releases? Remix album? Tours? New album? These are all things that other bands not only communicate with their fans about, but they actually release them! They give straight forward answers. Yes, no, we hope, our plans are for. But with Beta/Fernando/Axl - they never just give you a straight answer. They give these open ended statements that give you just a little bit of the information and then a lot of fluff. But they never just give a straight forward real answer.

You forgot to mention 1 album in 15 years ;)

Here is a thought, with everything being lined up why would the cancel the Vegas DVD?

It got me thinking and it has been mentioned that it was fernanado who 'wasn't supportive'. Do you think with the upcoming songs, tour's and residency that Fernando thought releasing a DVD during an inactive period (2013) would do nothing for the band?

Axl Rose, the man who rarely does interviews went on a national chat show to promote his residency. Do you think Fernando wanted the dvd to be released next year to create buzz so they can fill the residency?

Why wouldn't the Vegas residency be in November again?

That's what I'm expecting, but I'm OK with any month after June really.

Me too, in fact, I don't want it to be June because I'll only be in Vegas for a couple of days/nights and the chances of GNR being there during that time are remote to say the least!

Garth Brooks, Shania Twain, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill have all done Vegas residencies. GNR doing a second run there is a non-issue.

Agreed. There are some antiquated notions about performing in Vegas that are apparently still prevalent. Doing a residency in Vegas is like touring without ever going anywhere in that because of the tourism and high turnover of people, every few days, there are fresh faces new crowds around for a show.

Ali

• Like 1

If Axl actually comes through and delivers new music-Cool.

If Axl actually comes through and delivers new music that isn't shit-Awesome!

If Axl's idea of "new songs" are Going Down, and the two revamped duds-lol.

If Axl doesn't come through yet again, and it's just more of the same ol' same ol'-LOL!

My guess is either on options 3 or 4. And I find it baffling that people here still have yet to learn to follow the "Believe it when I see it" mantra. This isn't our first trip to the rodeo. Or second. Or third...

I was really hoping for a Pearl Jam forum. This kind of delayed that. Have the peeps thought about at least making it a GN'R-PJ combo forum in the mean time?

I, I, I'm still Ahhhhlive.