What would fully restore your faith in GnR?

TombRaider

I think if Chinese Democracy II is anywhere close to as good as CD I that it will cement Axl's legacy . If they never release another note he's already proven that he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time though. I haven't lost faith, but if Axl ever puts promotion and/or money ahead of the art/performance then I would lose faith. Not showing for RROF, not reuniting despite the shit storm and big money offers only reinforced my faith in Axl and his integrity.

New album and more communication between the band and the fans. Correction -meaningful communication between the band and the fans

Axl getting his 2010 voice back would fully restore my faith in him as well

Edited by WhazUp

a multiple dvd/Blu-Ray box with:

- "The Club Years"
- "The AFD years"
- "The Illusion Years"
- "The Making of CD1"

all covered with documentation, lots of different songs live/from the vault and interviews etc.

+ official FLAC download offers like Metallica do for years!
+ really good songs which i still cant find on CD
+ re-union shows (forgiveness aint hard, Axl!) for the fans

• Like 1

I really good kickass rock and roll record with multiple singles, video's, promotion and a tour (which leans mostly on the new album). Maybe a live album or dvd during or shortly after said tour.

I'd also like them to be more of a unit of equals. Instead of Axl doing what he wants and the rest of the guys just guessing.

That's moving forward. What I want MORE than this, is the legendary (for not existing) 8-disc Chinese Leftovers 1998-2008 box set. But it wouldn't give me faith for the future. Just closure on the past.

chinese-food-container-carry-out-take-ou

Edited by username

I think if Chinese Democracy II is anywhere close to as good as CD I that it will cement Axl's legacy . If they never release another note he's already proven that he's one of the greatest frontmen of all time though. I haven't lost faith, but if Axl ever puts promotion and/or money ahead of the art/performance then I would lose faith. Not showing for RROF, not reuniting despite the shit storm and big money offers only reinforced my faith in Axl and his integrity.

what about the 12 yr tour touring mainly off the old band's legacy?

good music - good shows - good voice - good setlist - lose the band jams

A reunion.

New music would be cool, and I'm sure I'd like it, but I don't see how it would restore my "faith" in GNR, as GNR ended in the late 90's. But realistically, a nice step would be the hiring of a proper management team, and some press statements that say more than "we're thinking about making a statement."

Edited by OmarBradley

Axl getting out of the bubble, accepting change and failure, adopting spontanity and improvisation, challenging the listener, taking artistic risks instead of trying to adapt to the fucked up industry and his for the most part braindead audiences.

In like, if a new song or a different arrangement doesn't go down too well the first show, play it again and again and in that bringing it to some actual life, instead of hesitating and trying to make it "perfect" and in that ruining it with making it all too artificiality. Allow for mistakes, allow for fuck ups and in that grow from them.

Instead of the ever same routine of Junge-Easy-Brownstone open a set with the song that reflects his actual mood that day and see how people react and how it all develops from there. Bring back a real CONCERT instead of a SHOW.

Maybe re-work the arrangements of some old songs a bit, instead of slaverishly playing every song note by note every night, improvising, jamming not to Pink Floyd but to a GN'R tune!!!

In short, being an ARTIST again.

I just listened to an old Doors bootleg from 1970 and seriously, even on a bad day those four stoned and drunken guys were PISSING all over today's all so professional superacts. Not because they were better (they were but that's not the point), but because it was REAL. I wish Jim was around, he would have a beer with Axl and maybe provide some advice. Or maybe he'd just tell him to fuck it all and go to Paris.

Faith goes a long way. I wish them all the best. If I get something out of whatever comes from that, that's a bonus.

A new album would have my respect, even if I won't like it, I would respect the fact that they create actual music together instead of just playing covers all night.

• Like 1

Well-produced albums that come out on a reliable schedule (every 3-4 years or so) - One of my favorite bands is Overkill. I disliked their last album, but I really didn't care because I knew there would be another album out in a couple years, and the odds were in my favor that I'd probably like that next one. GnR fans have had to worry that Chinese Democracy might be the last album, and it infuriated the portion of fans who waited a decade only to be disappointed. Give the fans something to look forward to after an album comes out, instead of half a decade of downtime to nitpick everything.

Regular, open communication with the fans - Seems obvious. Squash rumors, build hype when appropriate.

Only touring when Axl's voice is strong, healthy - That voice is why we put up with all the drama and delays. Don't tour if it's damaging Axl's instrument. People that do that end up like poor old Meat Loaf: their voice permanently blown out, with a gang of backup singers trying to bury him in the mix. We'd rather wait and hear Axl at full power.

If we had those three things, I would have no complaints.

Edited by Robert G Durant
  • Like 1

I really good kickass rock and roll record with multiple singles, video's, promotion and a tour (which leans mostly on the new album). Maybe a live album or dvd during or shortly after said tour.

I'd also like them to be more of a unit of equals. Instead of Axl doing what he wants and the rest of the guys just guessing.

That's moving forward. What I want MORE than this, is the legendary (for not existing) 8-disc Chinese Leftovers 1998-2008 box set. But it wouldn't give me faith for the future. Just closure on the past.

chinese-food-container-carry-out-take-ou

Pretty much this.

A new album in early 2014 is the most important thing.

Then just run the band like all other bands do - professionally. It's really a pretty simple task.

Most of my "faith" revolves around the issues with Axl's voice.

I *know* he's a good writer. And although it takes forever he *did* eventually release CD and I *do* like it.

So in theory I could wait as long as it took for a follow up.

However it's easier to wait when he's in 2006 vocal form doing amazing screams live and looking like an older but still kickass version of the devastating frontman he was in his youth.

Shows where he's out of sorts like Rio4, and tours where he uses little to no rasp make me get doubts. You start thinking "am I waiting for something that will disappoint me" - much like the wait for the starwars prequels turned out to be!

In a perfect world I'd also like less stepford wives around GNR too. Less people like MSL and Jarmo and some of the weirdness. Axl not to be afraid to put out products with old band members and not deny the past. Stuff like the 2006 axl doco or the UYI tour doco could be released. I can't get past the idea that GNR has cancelled at least 3 or 4 DVD products it released because of 'complications' but Metallica (who were once a lesser band to GNR) are able to do a show in Antarctica - one of the most inhospitable places on earth. So in my dream world these problems that paralyse the band would end. However I don't think that can happen realistically - so i'd settle for Axl doing things his own way again - but kicking more ass live and getting back to the top of his game.

Honest and regular communication.

I want new music just as much as anyone else here, but I think open and honest comms from guns on a regular basis would go a long way to defeating the negativity we see sometimes on fan forums.

Edited by gavgnr