What would fully restore your faith in GnR?

TombRaider

I'd settle for Axl going apeshit in Las Vegas and causing mayhem.

Yeah thatd be nice... probably wouldnt fully restore my faith, but it would make me happy... hes long overdue for a rant at least, i cant remember the last good rant :shrugs:

I never lost my faith. Has it wavered? Sure. But I still believe in glass-half-full, not half empty.

The glass is half full... OF TEQUILA!!!

Ok , here we go . Many know that GNR was and still is my favorite band of all time . I heard these recent clips , like i did with the Chinese Leaks in the past,with love and enthusiasm.

What happens is that I no longer settle for the crumbs that the GNR world offers me. Do not need it . Following intensely living my life , working hard , taking care of my kids , listening to many new bands , watching wonderful movies , reading many books , watching many rock concerts and classical music .

These recent mixes do not add anything , do not sound like (real) GNR.

The fact is that I got tired , I speak sincerely . Of course I'll be at the next show of the band in Brazil., as I 've been in three (Rio 92, Rio 2001, Brasilia 2010) . But that does not mean that I believe that there is something new on the way.

If Axl ever bring a new original album of what people have become accustomed to thinking like GUNS N 'ROSES will be ready to listen and buy. But I speak of GNR ! Detonating vocals, memorable guitar solos, awsome riffs, songs strong enough to be remembered for a long time, emotional ballads.

There are artists showcasing fantastic new albums, as Pearl Jam , Arctic Monkeys , Muse . There are new artists with very interesting jobs, such as Imagine Dragons , Cage the Elephant . The world of music is in heavy rotation , and Axl needs to realize that.

Axl Should be inspired by the commitment of Metallica . Band that knows how to work hard and provide much material to fans . Vegas ? Metallica prefers Antarctica . Not to forget the film they made.

Axl's journey towards industrial rock failed. Who did brilliantly and makes industrial rock is NIN. Axl should return to Classic Rock that one day he did well, or is fucked.

That's it. Expect something concrete from Axl is a kick in the ass. Who dares ?

None of these are in a particular order, but really I'd like to see a few of these happen:

-Axl gets back in shape and regains his 2006 voice. Stops hiding behind thick clothes, sunglasses and cowboy hats

-Better communication with fans

-Replacing Team Brazil with competent management

-"Chinese Leftovers" Box Set

-(My ideal lineup) Take out Pitman and Ashba. Replace Ferrer with Brain. Potentially add Robin back.

-A decent fucking album in 2014. Preferably something not heavily overproduced but relies on technically proficient hard rock

-Rework old songs in a new format that suits the band's strengths

-DVD/Blu-Ray of a recent concert (Either Vegas or Hammerstein Ballroom 06? Something along those lines)

-Official live release of a "classic" ('87-'93) concert

-Get a fucking respectable work ethic when it comes to making new music

Will any of this happen? Probably not.

Edited by IRanOutOfIdeas

Real GN'R - AFD reunion, tour, albums

Not GN'R - reunite with Robin, Bucket and Brain, ditch everyone else except Tommy, keep Pitman on for touring, tour, Chinese Democracy box set of demos, new material.

Other - send TB to a far away land on a one way ticket, Axl gets back into shape and gets his voice back, gigs are 100% GN'R songs except KOHD and LALD, Axl not disappearing when he's not performing directly, Axl apologises for being a huge dick to everyone and realises that shit is his fault a lot of the time.

Edited by Johnny Drama
  • Like 1

New music.

Release an EP with 3 new songs or even better a new album (but I'm not getting my hopes up for that one).

Just release an EP with 3 new (and good!) songs and I would be happy :)

Without new music this band is really a cover band.

Even an album with covers of great songs would be great at this point though. Studio versions of songs like The Seeker (The Who) etc.

Edited by Lethalis

In light of recent events it'd also help if they'd stop bickering over Twitter like a bunch of 14 year old girls.

Yes, they should use Internet message boards like the rest of us.

We're not IN the band. We have no other way of doing this. And we clearly have a LOT of spare time on our hands.

Those guys ARE in a band and it'd be nice if they'd just handle this like a professional band. Get therapy for all I care. But this seems rather sad to me.

Much sadder than all of us bickering on here. ;)

axl coming out with butt cut out leather pants and a pilots hat on going fucking crazy while slash duff and izzy emerge from the ground with a hole bunch of smoke ,then steve fucking jumping onto the drums while they perform their new strictly no power ballad album.

• Like 1

It's not a question of faith, for this band I've maybe never really had none to speak of after 2002.

I do remember really looking forward to hearing what Axl has been up to after OMG, which I still find to be a powerful thing filled with with this authentic malice, I like it.

Here's what it really is:

If they can put a good song together and release one that would be great. It's on them and on Axl+TB especially. Faith hasn't got anything to with it.

Honestly I fucking love the nonsense and the drama about the band. It makes them so much more interesting to follow, and has fostered such a great community here. The only thing is change is a more regular release of music. I don't know, the freak show has more appeal to me.

But as I said earlier, give us all the CD out takes and unreleased tracks and versions of tracks just for some closure and to kill the curiosity of hearing the legendary track titles like the general and atlas shrugged.

• Like 2

Guest Len B'stard

Honestly I fucking love the nonsense and the drama about the band. It makes them so much more interesting to follow

I might if there was music too but there isn't. You're saying it as if they're like every other normal touring releasing band AND we got drama...that ain't the case though. You say so much more interesting to follow...as if there actually is something else (i.e. music) to follow but there isn't, it's just bullshit drama that leads to nowhere but more bullshit drama. Not that that bothers me, let em do what they like, just pointing out something about your post.