Would it benefit Axl to drop the GnR name?

username

Guns n' Roses or The Axl Rose Project  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of people seem to say "at this point, no", but to me it seems like at this point more than ever.

Rebuilding GnR turned into a revolving door band that can't release anything and is covered in drama. Why not drop all that and start over?

From what we've seen, there's no more fire in Axl's belly. When he was younger, and angrier up until about 2006 even -- I would've said sure. But now that he's 50, and seems content playing Jukebox Tours, and Vegas Residencies, does anyone think the dude is still ambitious?

He's not ambitious at all.

The amazing thing about the entire experience with him is I thought he would be the last one of the group to be content to be playing an Appetite tribute every night instead of pushing the envelope and creating new music.

Instead he has been the laziest one of all of them and is just fine operating as a defacto tribute band by just playing the hits every night.

I thought he was better than that, but clearly he isn't.

I mean, what's inherently wrong with that though? At 50-something years old he still gets to tour and play music that makes people happy. Not many 50 year olds are putting out insane selling new albums and he has already contributed a great deal to the rock canon.

You can call it lazy, but maybe he's just finally accepted and is content with the reality guns is a nostalgia act which is a hell of a lot more than most people who start a band can hope for. Maybe he's not into putting out a record every two years like Slash is, just not how his creative process works.