Is Axl capable of more than he's doing now?

niceguy

I love ripping on the ever-revolving door of cast members in Axl's dog and pony show, but I truly believe Axl is incredibly talented.

I believe the following; do you agree or disagree?

Axl would be incredible in film. With just a little work, he could be a fantastic actor.

He should write and release a solo piano album, each song just him and piano. It would be incredible, like a folk guitar album but with piano.

Axl should also write a collection of purely electronic songs, with no guitar solos, just actual electronic music. I'm sure it would be an incredible album.

He'd be an awesome producer for all sorts of musicians. Clearly, he knows how to take ideas that bands have and help direct the creation into something very special.

Yes or no? I'm a big believer in Axl's talent, but god damn, lose the elderly nanny/mother/whatever, lose the soulless shredders, and use your talents!

Absolutely not - music producer? Actor? Solo musician? Ha! He went 17yrs between orignal releases - anyone that trusts him to work in a halfway reasonably prossional manner is fucking nut! you gotta be fucking kidding me

http://m.soundcloud.com/glancioni/guns-n-roses-prostitute

http://m.soundcloud.com/glancioni/guns-n-roses-this-i-love

He might have taken a long time to release the album but I think he put together some great great music. The vocals did not seem to match up with the music on these songs, but I think these two instrumentals are good examples of the amount of depth Axl has. The piano work alone is excellent.

I think if Axl released a solo piano album, it would be good. But, than again I'm into that kind of music like Elton John, so maybe I'm biased. I think if he released a solo album, be it industrial or piano, I think it would put a lot of weight off of his shoulders. He won't have to perform up the par of past GN'R album, and he'll have more freedom to do whatever he wants.

Acting? I'm not sure. As producer, sure he's good, but he really does overdo stuff to the point that is sounds very saturated and/or over the top.

I just wish we got more out of him in his prime years, and the years when he was hiding away in Malibu afraid of the world. I wish he actually stayed relevant enough to notice that, sure, there are detractors (there are with everybody) but he does have his fans. Like me. And I just want to see him be the very best he can be. And I know I'm not alone. If Axl had the passion, he could do it, he could be a star again. He got the talent, the legacy, he's good a good band. All he needs to do it show the world that he gives a fuck. I really, really hate to see one of my favorite front men reduced to a nostalgia act, playing Vegas like Motley Crue and Def Leppard. I really hope he didn't fight so hard to keep the band name only to use it for ticket sales. Why did he keep the name, to prove he doesn't need the old band? To prove he can be famous without Slash and co.? Or to get out of shape and unmotivated, on a seemingly endless tour for an album that came out 5 years ago? I sure as hell hope not.

Axl is capable of doing just about anything due to the resources he has. He could put out a rap album if he felt like it. Honestly, I don't think he cares that much about releasing music anymore. He may love making music for himself an recording and listening to it, but he is probably relieved by the fact he doesn't have to anymore. Touring as GNR is his job so he can maintain his life style.

I guess my point is, if he's capable of doing more is pretty irrelevant. Of course he can, but does he want to and are we obligated to be a part of whatever he does? For all we know he has 14 tightly produced funk songs mixed and mastered that he is perfectly happy with and loves and only cares to share with family and friends and is perfectly content with that. I would love nothing more than to hear every song he has ever recorded, but it seems selfish to me to ask if Axl is capable of doing more because the question implies that what he does isn't enough. It may not be enough for fans, but maybe he's already doing what he wants to do.

Well hes doing way more than me so Im not going to be throwing any rocks. If anyone wants any tips on how to remain an completely unknown failure i think i have the road map on that.

Says the guy with at this moment 33.206 posts. You're a fucking legend man. ;)
  • Like 1

Well hes doing way more than me so Im not going to be throwing any rocks. If anyone wants any tips on how to remain an completely unknown failure i think i have the road map on that.

Says the guy with at this moment 33.206 posts. You're a fucking legend man. ;)

true, I'm the shit, got any marlboros man.

Acting? No... I think he was acting terribly on all of his videos even though he made the script and he was playing himself...

Producer - I'm not sure, probably it would mean no record released in 10 years so not the best idea.

But music? Yes, yes, and once again yes. He could and should have released plenty of music. He has the talent, he has the possibilities, he is prolific enough. He is a great writer. It is very sad that we got almost nothing from him and that he doesn't even care to do anything anymore. And I don't believe this is because he is happy that way.

Still in 92, 93 he had the passion, the drive, the will to prove smth to the world and the need to speak his mind. He had huge plans and huge ambitions. I don't think he lost it all just because he's more comfortable sitting on his ass in Malibu. He has never been that type. If he had been he wouldn't have achieved what he has achived. The break up, the split, the neverending fight with Slash killed something in him and we now have a new Axl who doesn't care anymore and doesn't want anymore. And that is so sad. Because I would love to get any music from him - piano, industrial, folk, heavy metal, I don't care, It'd still be better than anything I can find these days :(

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that 99% of us are capable of a lot more than we have achieved in our lives, and 99.9999% of us will never come close to achieving what Axl has already in his life.

Don't you think that your comment is really tied to what people consider a success or achievement?

If YOU consider success being earning money, then yes. Axl has achieved more than anybody on this forum.

If you consider releasing music albums a sign of success, then yes. Axl has achieved more in that industry than anybody on this forum.

But life success?

I wonder how many people on here would trade their lives to be in Axl's shoes. Maybe that's an interesting topic to start.

Because me personally, if I had the opportunity to trade lives with Axl today, would I? Not in a heartbeat. Wouldn't give it a second's thought. I wouldn't trade my children, wife, family and friends for Axl's music/financial success, lack of children, lack of a true love and to be surrounded by Beta and her children and the rest of the GnR camp.

I'd take a loving wife and three beautiful children over 150 million dollars, Beta, and skanky women who will sleep with you just because you've got money. Not even a tough decision.

So I wouldn't say that Axl has achieved more in life than the rest of us.