GN'R tops list of 8 musical projects that are taking forever

wfuckinga

They say you can't rush perfection, but with these musicians, we'd settle for the resulting product being simply 'very good' instead of perfect, if it meant they'd get a move on.

Guns N' Roses' album - Their last record, Chinese Democracy, took a DECADE to come out and $13 million to make. It was released in 2008, and they've been harping on about a follow up ever since but there's no sign of it yet - and there's probably still another five years to go (despite the band suggesting it will be released in 2014). Guys, you're not getting any younger - and nor are we.

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/85752/1/please-get-on-with-it-8-musical-projects-that-are-taking-forever

• Like 1

Funny that Beyonce's on there. She just put her new album out. less than 12 hours ago. Axl hasn't harped on about a new album. He's been vague about it.

There were plans to put a follow up and a remix out that we know about, but we also know things didn't go well with Interscope and Axl and all those plans to put them out, went out the window. He should have said at some point he shelved them, but I think part of him (and maybe TB feels) it keeps the interest in the band up because people are still looking for it to come out.

Edited by dalsh327

I'm sorry but I don't like the idea of a "remix" album. Why do rock bands have to "remix" their albums? I honestly don't get it. I would much rather get an EP with Going Down and whatever else they want to release, than a remix album. I would also rather get another covers album than a remix album. I know gnr has always liked to release these little projects to tide fans over until the next "real" album, hence Lies and TSI. But honestly a remix album will be by far the worst thing they have released. Just release Going Down, Silkworms, a new Oh My God, and maybe a couple other CD leftovers with a proshot DVD. That is the next appropriate "mini" album IMO. I'm sorry but a remix album just sounds fucking stupid. I don't like the "leaks" we heard. I embrace a new version of OMG, but thats pretty much it.

I'm sorry but I don't like the idea of a "remix" album. Why do rock bands have to "remix" their albums? I honestly don't get it. I would much rather get an EP with Going Down and whatever else they want to release, than a remix album. I would also rather get another covers album than a remix album. I know gnr has always liked to release these little projects to tide fans over until the next "real" album, hence Lies and TSI. But honestly a remix album will be by far the worst thing they have released. Just release Going Down, Silkworms, a new Oh My God, and maybe a couple other CD leftovers with a proshot DVD. That is the next appropriate "mini" album IMO. I'm sorry but a remix album just sounds fucking stupid. I don't like the "leaks" we heard. I embrace a new version of OMG, but thats pretty much it.

It was an edgy thing for a rock/pop band to do. in the nineties. And we know how much Axl still lives in. The nineties.

But it isn't the 90's anymore. It's just a bad idea and will only result in the further lowering of the gnr brand imo. I know as a fanbase we get hungry for anything new, but is this the kind of new we want? If the next album isn't ready, I understand that. But don't do this, just don't. An EP along the lines of Lies would be a much better idea.

Remix albums are ridiculous, adding a remix of a hit song on the extended edition makes sense, re-releasing an album that wasn't well received in the first place as a remix you just make yourself look like a complete joke that is completely unaware of themselves or what fans want from you.

A EP or LP are the only sensible option for GnR in 2014, the latter being the best option. If they release an EP we will be back here a few months after it's release whinging about the other 15 songs that we want to hear. LP.

I read over the making of CD on CDevo and I'm interested to hear the 2nd A list and the B list of songs that were made up, But I now understand (at least I think I do) what's going on, I think the hold up is much like the last album. Re-recording past members parts, mixing, remixing, mixing again finally being happy with the release and then the record company says it's not ready and repeat. Nobodies guilt free for GnR not releasing new music.

The best option for Axl is to break free from his record deal but that looks unlikely seen as he signed some mad deal with Universal giving them rights to his back catalogue until he's 63. If we have to wait until he's 63 before we get new music I'm going to be pretty pissed and he may as well just give up now as at 52 this is his last chance at making good on his career (if he cares for success).