Axl Rose and Tom Petty Sing 'Free Fallin'

Guest NGOG

Tom Petty tours aren't always sold out. I would question whether they are ever sold out. I've seen him 4 times over the past 15 years and not one show was sold out. A couple were only about half-full, perhaps a little more than that- but nowhere near close to capacity.

That said, I love Tom Petty and I don't think a sold out tour or show is indicative of anything really. The general public have lost sight of rock n roll over the past decade or so. The artists and records that make big money these days are not one's that I identify with or see as having much artistic merit. It seems like teenage girls drive ticket/record sales these days- and I don't think that's a demographic that should be used to define the success of a rock n roll band.

No diggity whatsoever

• Like 1

Vince sure summed up Axl perfectly. All talk and no action.

Hmmm ask the Swedish security guard, LAX pap or the fan in St-Louis if Axl is all talk.

Any of them challenge him to a one on one fight?

Why would Axl show up to a one on one fight against Vince? That would have been so stupid!

Anyway, love this performance too, I wish Axl had recorded this song

Probably because Axl was the one who first challenged Vince Neal to a fight. During Axl's 1990 interview with Kurt Loder (the one where they are sitting at Axl's house by his pool) Axl said in the interview that Vince Neal better shut his mouth & that he'd fight him any time, anywhere. Then Vince Neal went on MTV and said Axl just needed to name the place & time and he'd be there. Not too long after that Axl's publicist released a statement that the whole thing was silly which made Axl look like a pu**y. I remember it like it was yesterday.

This was back when MTV had MTV news at 10 of every hour and my friends & I were glued to MTV every hour possible trying to get an update on what was happening with the fued. Oh the memories of the days before internet where you could just "Google" anything you missed at a later time.

Oh, Axl is not an example of maturity, but at least he had the decency to not really do that because that would be such a embarrassing thing!