What do you think the new songs will be?

wfuckinga

Sad that 5 1/2 years later there's a rumor that only 3 new songs that would be played live.

And that two of the three might have already been played live before and the third might be a song featuring the guitar player on vocals!!!

Surely Team Brazil and Axl aren't that stupid and incompetent.

I bet they will debut at least two brand new songs and the third one will be either OMG or Silkworms.

I'd think the majority of die-hard fans would be happy with that. A new rocker, a new ballad or mid-temp song and the revised OMG.

Hopefully the new songs will be in support of a new album that's released in early 2014.

And that two of the three might have already been played live before and the third might be a song featuring the guitar player on vocals!!!

I bet they will debut at least two brand new songs and the third one will be either OMG or Silkworms.

I really hope you are right.

However we're talking about a group where the primary change to the setlists most tours is the addition of a new cover song, or changes to the axl-less solo spots the band members perform.

The recent tours have been livened up with "Estranged" and 14 years returning.

For these reasons to me it's entirely plausible that "new songs" in the setlist could easily just turn out to be the addition of something like "Double Talking Jive" or "Think About You" or something similar that's not been played in a really long time.

I also think it's very telling that the band have had "Oh My God" and "Going Down" rehearsed and on the setlist options for several years. Even if GNR land that must be happening for some kind of reason...you'd assume one day they'll actually do them.

I dunno - I'd love to hear a checkmate or something of that sort. But the last time Axl took that kind of a chance was at Rio3 right - since that time the only new things have been stuff that leaked or covers/classics.

I know it's not a new song but I remember when they finished Estranged at rio in 2011 Axl looked surprised that they did well with it...then he apologized that it was only the second time they've rehearsed that song.

I hope they have time to rehearse some of the new stuff. I'd hate for it to get removed from the set list because they aren't ready. But with that said this band has adapted well and I think they are just as excited to do something new.

I don't see silkworms being played live though. I just can't see Axl performing it, but I'm up for a surprise. If Axl has the energy he had in 2010 then he can pull off anything. It will be fun to get the updates from this tour.

Top 5 starting with most likely

1. Silkworms

2. OMG

3. Going Down

4. Atlas

5. The General

Jackie chan is possible since we have the small clip of it too, but less likely.

Berlin, Soul Monster, Thyme, Quick song, Seven, Ides of March, Daddy Can The Devil Do Mommy and Me, Down by The Ocean, and Zodiac probably have very little chance of being played until they are included on an album, seeing as we've never heard them. Although Soul Monster may have a small chance, since axl said it's one of his favorites.

There's 15 songs right there. Why can't they just slap them all on an album and release it already?

I know it's not a new song but I remember when they finished Estranged at rio in 2011 Axl looked surprised that they did well with it...then he apologized that it was only the second time they've rehearsed that song.

I hope they have time to rehearse some of the new stuff. I'd hate for it to get removed from the set list because they aren't ready. But with that said this band has adapted well and I think they are just as excited to do something new.

I don't see silkworms being played live though. I just can't see Axl performing it, but I'm up for a surprise. If Axl has the energy he had in 2010 then he can pull off anything. It will be fun to get the updates from this tour.

If they're practicing OMG and they had the potential for bringing it back lately, I think silkworms would be easier. I REALLY want to hear soul monster, since that's the most heavy thing axl's wrote.

I really hope you are right.

However we're talking about a group where the primary change to the setlists most tours is the addition of a new cover song, or changes to the axl-less solo spots the band members perform.

The recent tours have been livened up with "Estranged" and 14 years returning.

For these reasons to me it's entirely plausible that "new songs" in the setlist could easily just turn out to be the addition of something like "Double Talking Jive" or "Think About You" or something similar that's not been played in a really long time.

I also think it's very telling that the band have had "Oh My God" and "Going Down" rehearsed and on the setlist options for several years. Even if GNR land that must be happening for some kind of reason...you'd assume one day they'll actually do them.

I dunno - I'd love to hear a checkmate or something of that sort. But the last time Axl took that kind of a chance was at Rio3 right - since that time the only new things have been stuff that leaked or covers/classics.

My guess is that OMG and GD were planned to be played ahead of a new record for promotion, but the record company held up the new record. Wanting to avoid a repeat of CD and playing half the songs years before a release, axl decided to hold off. That's my guess.

Edited by liers
  • Like 1

The only problem is I don't think Axl sings at rehearsals. Maybe I'm wrong but was he singing when they rehearsed OMG? I really don't know, I just know after Estranged at Rio Axl said that "was the first time he sang that song in 18 years and only the third or fourth time the band had played it."

I'm not doubting he can do OMG or Silkworms, but those seemed like songs for Axl 10 years ago. It would be cool to see him do em now though I just wouldn't bet on it.

And I'm not doubting Axl because he doesn't rehearse. I'm sure he has his own ways of preparing.

The only problem is I don't think Axl sings at rehearsals. Maybe I'm wrong but was he singing when they rehearsed OMG? I really don't know, I just know after Estranged at Rio Axl said that "was the first time he sang that song in 18 years and only the third or fourth time the band had played it."

I'm not doubting he can do OMG or Silkworms, but those seemed like songs for Axl 10 years ago. It would be cool to see him do em now though I just wouldn't bet on it.

And I'm not doubting Axl because he doesn't rehearse. I'm sure he has his own ways of preparing.

Singing in the shower?

Singing in the shower?

I bet you would pay for a shower soundtrack from Axl though haha

The songs would have to be songs dj could have playing.. Isnt that The reason they didnt playing Riad in Japan The night they played 13 chin dem songs?

Im hoping for

Locomotive

A new cover

Something from The next album

Of course id want 3 brand new songs but Im tring to be realisticly optimistic

Hahaha that's good maybe it did come from the shower sessions. I'd probably buy it then tell everyone about the awesome material on it, then start my own website and podcast that describes how awesome it is that I have the only copy, then blackmail GNR and Axl into making me an official insider, then send a 3 minute sample to you so you know it's real, then release the sample, and finally blame you for leaking it so your favorite band will hate you....man life would be good.

He sang it in '98-'99 for Live Era.

And lol @ Dj trying to play Locomotive when he can't even play SCOM, TIL and Riad right

And lol @ Dj trying to play Locomotive when he can't even play SCOM, TIL and Riad right

Did he though?

And how awesome would it be if they play Pretty Tied Up!

Did he though?

Pretty Tied Up would be so awesome if he wasn't Mickey :headbang: :headbang:

But yeah, I'm about 99.9% sure he did. There is a semi-isolated vocal track floating, and it sounds different than the Tokyo show it was recorded at

Did he though?

Pretty Tied Up would be so awesome if he wasn't Mickey :headbang: :headbang:

But yeah, I'm about 99.9% sure he did. There is a semi-isolated vocal track floating, and it sounds different than the Tokyo show it was recorded at

Imagine the show starting off with Pretty Tied Up! Instead of a long entrance it would jump you right into the show...that song has such a great opening, maybe it's just me thinking of Rio 91!

And yea I've heard parts of live era were redone but I always thought estranged stayed the same. I haven't listened for the differences though. It wouldn't surprise me if he did re-do parts, but his vocals from 98 were amazing if that's the case!