Hypothetical: Do you think Axl, Izzy, and Steven would have made better music than Slash, Duff, and Matt?

saber_

Its funny to see a fairly simple question get twisted and turned into these convoluted answers- especially the guy going on about how traumatized Izzy is from being in a band w/Axl. If I'm not mistaken hasn't/doesn't Izzy play with GNR on a semi-frequent basis for the past 7-8 years? Hey, whatever fits your particular version of reality is alright w/me.

A whole lot of diggity

You sort of prove Chunder's point about Izzy.

Great post Chunder.

For example this Interview:

"Why did you reject the invitation to reunite with Velvet Revolver?

Izzy: "I wanted it to be a quartet: Slash, Duff, Matt and I, but they really desired a singer, and as we know, singers can be quite problematic sometimes. So I simply decided to follow my own path." "

Source: http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

I love them all. Not trying to take sides.

I'm just saying Axl, Steven and Izzy is not a group that would function to get anything done. While Duff, Matt and Slash would release some kind of album.

Axl and Steven tend to get into fights. Izzy doesn't like working with singers. And Axl is still hoarding the last songs we know he wrote with Izzy.

So it doesn't matter how good it would be if you never hear it.

For example this Interview:

"Why did you reject the invitation to reunite with Velvet Revolver?

Izzy: "I wanted it to be a quartet: Slash, Duff, Matt and I, but they really desired a singer, and as we know, singers can be quite problematic sometimes. So I simply decided to follow my own path." "

Source: http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com.au/2008/11/exclusive-interview-with-izzy-stradlin.html

I love them all. Not trying to take sides.

I'm just saying Axl, Steven and Izzy is not a group that would function to get anything done. While Duff, Matt and Slash would release some kind of album.

Axl and Steven tend to get into fights. Izzy doesn't like working with singers. And Axl is still hoarding the last songs we know he wrote with Izzy.

So it doesn't matter how good it would be if you never hear it.

So, the question has been asked because we have a group of three individuals against a team of three

Quite clever in it's own strange way

Great post and great points by Monkey. I still go with Axl and Izzy though. Given this is a hypothetical, I'm assuming Axl, Izzy, and Steve could somehow work together long enough to put out an album and tour. But Axl and Izzy are the better song writing partnership, and I agree they were the backbone of the classic lineup. I'll also add, Steve blows Matt away IMO. The drums on AFD were epic, while what Matt contributed to UYI didn't really stand out to me.

Another thing to consider, is given how far away from hard-rock Axl went with Chinese D, I don't see Steven and Izzy as being the kind of players that could help him make the kind of music he wants to make. On the other hand, if Axl just shut up and sang what Izzy gave him, they'd get so much work done.