Axl quotes collection

sword&tulipz

"Life s*cks, but in a beautiful kind of way."

"I used to use the Internet a lot, but I got tired of reading all the garbage on there about me. The Internet is just a huge garbage can."

“We take it for granted we know the whole story - We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines.”

“Sometimes your friends are your lovers, or have been at one time.”

"I know I can do better than that.”

"Contrary to allegations in the lawsuit, Axl has never denied that others made substantial contributions towards the success of Guns N` Roses, but there is little doubt as to who was the creative catalyst behind the group`s success.”

I like to be real private; you don`t always want everyone around you - even when they like you.

I really liked the Seattle movement.

I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it.

I like Nine Inch Nails, and I like hip-hop.

"It`s not like we`re the most intelligent bunch, but as far as street sense - hanging out, doing drugs, partying, girls and sh*t like that - we know and understand a lot. It`s like we purposely put ourselves through street school. I didn`t know how to pick up ckicks, so I used to stand outside the Rainbow and watch how this goes down."

"If you`re operating out of fear that you`re not going to live past a certain point anyway."

"I discovered that I scream the same way whether I`m about to be devoured by a Great White or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot."

"I`m late to everything. I`ve always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half hour late and says on the side, like in gold, `Sorry I`m Late`."

"We are made up of two contrasting ideals-Love And Fear. Pick One and Live."

"Fear is where there is no love. Love is where there is no fear."

I think the confidence level of the offense is pretty high right now. Everybody is getting their legs back and trying to recuperate from the two-a-days. We have a little extra bounce in our steps and are playing the way we`re capable of.

I`ve been used to the Dome and the climate, ... That`s one less thing I have to worry about.

I just felt like cutting my hair, ... There wasn`t a secret motive behind it. I just finally got tired of it. It was hot, bothersome.

And it`s kind of tight! It hurts my head,

That`s pretty good for a rookie, ... I`ll just kind of keep improving and my role will keep growing.

It`s very important for me because I`m a rookie and everything`s new to me. I just want to come in and make a few plays here and there and at least feel kind of good going into the regular season.

I?ve had a lot of big moments there, ... I think every time I played there in high school I had well over 100 receiving yards. It?s going to be exciting going back there and playing. A lot of people I know are going to be there. It?s going to be like playing in front of a home crowd.

Oh yeah, all the time. He communicates a lot, telling me how to do this, how to do that.

I`ve played a lot of games there, and every time it`s always been a good one, except for that time we got blown out by LSU, ... Other than that, it was all good.

I saw that we can move the ball. We started off slow but once we got settled, we moved the ball up the field and scored.

"We have pieces of everything in our band and we try and find a way to bring it all out rather than limit ourselves into one frame.

You don`t see a lot of that anymore-Queen used to do it, and Zeppelin, but nowadays, people tend to stay in one vein."

"I`m a big Metallica fanatic. I like the new Queensrÿche record. We listen to everything. Pop, it`s hard to say, if you tell someone you like the new Michael Jackson song, everybody thinks you like everything Michael Jackson ever did. So, it`s weird to have to say what you like. We usually like to get into a song or even a part of a song of just about anybody. We`ll sit down and go `nah, that s*cks, but there`s that one bass part that`s cool.` "

"I`ve really learned to control myself. It used to be that 1 would get mad, break everything in the room, smack somebody in the face and then leave. Now I work real hard at trying to keep things cool and together."

"If you`re bored with a song and its one of your songs, you just play it. It`s like having a pair of pants. Those pants meant something to you at one timeyou liked them or whatever-but if you just outgrow them and you`re tired of wearing them, it`s like they`re not you anymore. Some songs I re-write cause the verses aren`t me anymore. I could come off stage in tears because I was so moved by the music. I want people to feel that too."

"I sing in about five or six different voices-that are all part of me, it`s not contrived. I`m like a second baritone or something. I used to take choir classes and stuff and I`d always- sit there and since I could read music, I`d try to sing other people`s parts and see if I could get away with it. We had this teacher who was pitch perfect, or whatever you call it. He had ears` like a bat, man, like radar. So, in order to get away with singing someone else`s part, you`d really have to get it down. Or else, he`d know exactly what corner of the room this person is who`s not singing right. So, I guess, I really started working on it then by trying to mess with this guy`s head. Like how come he`s hearing a soprano in the bass section."

"I`d just like to say that I have a personal disgust for small dogs, like poodles. I have some serious physical problems with them. Everything about them means I must kill them. I must."

"I know a girl named Michelle and she became a really good friend of the bands` and I was going out with her for a while, It`s a true story. Slash and some other members of the band said that`s kinda too heavy to say about poor sweet Michelle; she`ll freak out. I`d written this nice sweet song about her and then I looked at it and thought that really doesn`t touch any basis of reality` so I put down an honest thing. It describes her life. This girl leads such a crazy life with doing drugs, or whatever she`s doing at the time, you don`t know if she`s gonna be there tomorrow. I showed her the lyrics after about three weeks of debating and she was so happy that someone didn`t just paint a pretty picture. She loves it."

"Erin and I treated each other like sh*t. Sometimes we treated each other great,
because the children in us were best friends. But then there were other times
when we just f**ked up each other`s lives completely."

My growth was stopped at two years old. And when they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they`re right. There`s a screaming two-year-old who`s real p*ssed off and hides and won`t show himself that often, even to me. Because I couldn`t protect him. And the world didn`t protect him.

Bon Jovi can s*ck my dick

I didn`t come all the Way to f**kin` England just to be told to go Back f**kin` Home by some f**king a**h*le!

We stand for the things we want. That’s the only reason we’re doing rock n
roll.”

“We’re not doing this because someone said, ‘Son, I
want you to grow up and be a singer in a rock n roll band.’”

We’ve lived too long on the streets, sleeping behind f**king garbage cans, in
24-hour restaurants and parks. We’ve f**ked in the backs of cars only because
that’s where we lived.

The first time I got drunk I was 16. I know I was late. I was with these
three guys, and I had never smoked or taken any drugs before. We brought a case
of beer, and we bought joints, and I bought 40 Valiums-10 mg Valiums for $5.00 a
piece. I ate ten them, drank a bunch of beers, and smoked all these joints. Then
we nt to this rock concert downtown at Morris Theatre. This band called Road
Master was playing.
I went down to the theater, and girl goes, “You’re just too f**ked “So, I
tore up her ticket and threw it her. Then I went out in front of the hall and
directed traffic for a while. I threw a beer at this f**king cop, so friend
grabbed me and put all these different jackets on me and snuck me into the
concert. It was packed. I walked in, and one of my friends passed out in the
aisle. Then this guy stands up, looks at me and says, “What are you looking at?”
He was a big guy; so I hit him. I saw his teeth go back down into his throat,
and I ran.
Lots more happened that night. I fell out of the window of a two-story build­ing
and broke my hand. I broke into an insane asylum; broke in one side and out the
other because I didn’t know how to go around the building. I wrecked a bicycle
that had no brakes underneath a train. Then my friend Paul put me in his car,
and I went flying over another car, and my friend’s dad came running out of the
house from across the street. He was going to shoot my friend because he thought
that somebody was out to kill me. It was a really exciting night.

“I watch MTV and it`s hard not to throw sh*t at the TV set because it`s so f**king boring. Even the bands around here in LA are the same way, the whole music industry. It`s new to us, this business, and we meet these people and they say, `do this, do that`. And we go, `f**k it, f**k you! Because it`s just not us. We do whatever we want to."

"We don`t want to associate ourselves with glam and the main reason is because that`s what Poison associates themselves with." They don`t like Poison.

"I`ve told those guys personally that they can lock me in a room with all of them and I`ll be the only one who walks out! They used to come to our shows before they ever played a gig. Everybody copying them? Sorry I don`t see it. Poison came out in an article saying they started glam - I don`t know where they were in the `70s," Axl laughs.

"The only reason I put my hair up is because Izzy had these pictures of Hanoi Rocks and they were cool, and because we hung out with this guy who studied Vogue magazine hairstyles and was really into doing hair..."

"We`ve all got `Never Mind The Bollocks` and Aerosmith`s `Rocks` and right now we listen to ‘Exile On Main Street’ a lot. The Ramones - back in `78 Izzy and I had all the tapes and learnt all the songs. Duff is a real big Johnny Thunders fanatic."

“We stand for the things we want. That’s the only reason we’re doing rock n’ roll. We’re not doing this because someone said, ‘Son, I want you to grow up and be a singer in a rock n’ roll band.’”

“We’ve lived too long on the streets, sleeping behind f**king garbage cans, in 24-hour restaurants and parks. We’ve f**ked in the backs of cars only because that’s where we lived.”

“We try and celebrate every chance we get. Usually, if we’re in a bad mood, it’s because we can’t find something to celebrate. There’s this club called the Cat House, and that’s just great for us. We have a really good time at that place.”

“Back in Indiana people say: “Why do you put ‘Indiana s*cks’ in your song?” Indiana s*cks because they threw me in jail 20 times, and at least 15 of those I was innocent. It was a f**ked-up place for me.”

“Crabs ain’t sh*t. I’d be glad to get crabs compared to anything else that you can get.”

f**k YOU ST. LOUIS!!!!!!

The only real rock `n` roll band to came out of LA in the last ten years.

"When we started we wanted to be the coolest, sexiest, meanest, nastiest, loudest, funnest band. There was a group of consiousness of r*pe, pillage,search and destroy!"

"My favourite cartoon characters are Metallica and Slash".

I pretty much follow my own internal clock, and I perform better later at night. Nothing seems to work out for me until later at night. And it`s our show. I don`t want to make people sit around and wait... it drives me nuts. That hour-and-a-half or two-hour time period that I`m late onstage is living hell, because I`m wishing there was any way on earth I could get out where I am and knowing I`m not going to be able to make it. I`m late to everything). "I`ve always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, - `SORRY I`M LATE`.

"Generally, if I`m late I`m suicidal"...

"I guess I like who I am now. I`d just like to have a little more internal peace. I`m sure everybody would".

"Well, as you can see, being a f**king psycho basket-case like me has it`s advantages".

"They (the fans) don`t like when I let them know they don`t own me. Sometimes I don`t even own myself".

"This tour, I just hope I don`t die".

"Wake up... time to die!"

"At times I enjoy writing and at others times I just hate it because it`s definately having to go back and experience some pain and express what you really feel."

"We know we`re always going to be at odds with people on something. A lot of people are afraid to be that way and we`re not."

"In a world he did not create, he will go through it as if it were his own. Half man, half beast, I don`t know what it is but it`s weird and it`s p*ssed off and calls itself Slash."

"All of sudden I`m diagnosed a maniac-depressive...`Let`s put Axl on medication`. Well, the medication doesn`t help me deal with the stress, the only thing it does is keep people off my back."

"Aerosmith are a tradition that I grew up with. They were the only band that the people who lived in my city in Indiana would accept wearing make-up and dressed cool."

"I always believed that the truth about what is going on in Guns N` Roses lives in just as exciting and just as dangerous, heavy and real as people thought the hype scene to be."

"People talk about how wrong it was doing drugs. Maybe they were the only tools could find then..."

"I personally love our songs. The bottom line is, if this were all to finish tomorrow, then at least I`ve got `em on tape. I`m not writing this for you, I`m not for anybody who listens to it. I`m doing it for me."

"We like to express our frustrations with life through our music. Instead of getting into a fight we put it into our music. That`s why I like to play as much as possible, because it keeps us much calmer and we can deal with people better that way."

"We`re not the easist people to work with and we`ve basicly got this `screw you` atittude that gives a lot of people cause to worry. But we do know our limits. We stop if we think that we`re doing is going to screw up our music."

"I`d like to dedicate this next song to a man who likes to play games... to a man that lives his life playing games... premeditated games... a man who`s so empty that thats all he can do is play f**king games... a man who`s a parasite... a man who makes who lives his life on s*cking off other peoples life force and their energy... an old man who likes to live precariously through young people and s*ck up all their life cause he has none of his own... I`d like to dedicate this song to a cheap punk named Warren Beatty... a man who has a family and a baby but he`s got to spent his time f**king around with other people because he doesn`t know what to do with his own life... a man who uses you, uses the media and uses everybody to... to fulfil his f**king parasitic needs... Well listen home f**k!... if you think Madonna kicked your ass I`m betting my money on Annette you stupid f**king a**h*le this is a song called Double Talkin Jive Motherf**ker!"

"When you got an dream and you really believe in it, doesn`t have to be an Rock n` Roll it can be an nuclear business man I dont give a sh*t but when your teachers and your parents are saying: oh, come on now, lets be reasonable just tell them to f**k off!"

"I`ve discovered i scream the same way whether im about to be devoured by a great white shark or if a piece of seaweed touches my foot".

I`m pro-heterosexual. I can`t get enough of women. I have sex as often as possible...It`s not easy to be in a one-on-one relationship if the other person is not going to allow me to be with other people.

"if you know anything about us, we write most of our songs based on an element of truth...this is like the only song that we`ve written out of like fantasy and a joke....you know cuz its a sick subject....but you know those days when your boyfreind or your girlfreinds just a pain in the f**kin ass and you wish you could just rip their head off and stuff it in a bag and stick it in the backyard? This is something called i used to love her but i had to kill her"

"This seems like a pretty b**chin place to start the tour seeing as im a hickass motherf**king midwesterner like yourselves”.

"Sometimes there`s these girls backstage going, `I love you Axl!` .I feel like saying, ‘Honey if you knew me, you would hate my f**king guts` ”.

"If you wanna throw sh*t, we will leave," ... "We would like to stay and have fun with you for a long time tonight. So we`re gonna have fun? Let`s try that again."

“I haven`t spoken to Slash in ten years. I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though.”

"a collection of random ideas adding that he was focusing on prior involvements that had nothing to do with old GN'R."

There was a time when we were way more glam. I had the hair and full makeup and everything. Now I just wear what I want.

http://quotes.lucywho.com/w-axl-rose-quotes-t4273.html

"I think the confidence level of the offense is pretty high right now. Everybody is getting their legs back and trying to recuperate from the two-a-days. We have a little extra bounce in our steps and are playing the way we`re capable of."

I gotta admit I still thought this was one from Axl...I was like "ok Axl likes to compare touring to a sports season...cool"

Then it just got ridiculous and I was like "ok Axl's got hands?" haha

Anyways the life sucks in a beautiful kind of way is my favorite. Haha

Edited by IncitingChaos