Should Guns N' Roses do a "By Request" Tour like Metallica?

ManetsBR

If we're limiting ourselves to 16 songs, I'd say get rid of any ChiDem tunes and covers and replace them with UYI rarities and new songs

Welcome To the Jungle

Pretty Tied Up

Mr. Brownstone

Estranged

Going Down

Ballad of Death

Sweet Child O' Mine

Double Talkin' Jive

Civil War

Silkworms

November Rain

Argentinian Tango

Patience

Don't Cry (Original)

Jackie Chan

ENCORE

Paradise City

Not sure! why on earth would you include songs that you've never heard before? If I get to choose a set I'm going to choose songs that are known to me, that would always include at least one CD song... that song would be Street of dreams, one of the best parts of the new guns sets for me at least. Besides CD I obviously want to hear the UYI I & II stuff that never gets played especially Yesterdays, right next door to hell, dead horse and pretty tied up.

A by request tour would definitely get my money. A set that doesn't have any new music and it's the same old songs that they've peddled for the past 10yrs... I have no interest and i will give the show a miss, unless Axls voice is back in shape... I'd have to reconsider :)

really people wouldn't ask any ChiD songs?

how many people are a fan of this band outside of this forum, and several other forum?

to be honest, i have NO friends or mutual friends that is a fan of Guns N' Roses

Its time to get yourself some new friends...

Id actually BEG axl not to play any Chinese Democracy songs and if I could id pay him to NEVER play them again! Because it would be like encourageing him to shoot crack and chew on the muzzle of a .44, suck on the muffler , snort draino or date Stephanie all over again.. yes..its that dire and its that deadly to his artistry... applauding those songs sends him the message that you appreciated them and the time and effort it took to deliever them and then the bastard will spend another 15 years trying to write more of the same and for the love of all that is sacred and holy in this universe we shouldnt be subjected to that kind of abuse!

If you take a look at the current Metallica setlists you will see that the majority still votes for the most common songs of the band - so coma etc won't make it into that list as it's just a favorit by some die hards. The same goes for all CD songs - I don't think any of these songs would make it into the set if people could decide it....

Gotta agree here, i think if fans were able to pick, the setlist would be even more of a greatest hits tour than it is now (if thats even possible)

One song id love to see em throw back in there though would be pretty tied up, fuckin love that song and i think axl wouldnt really have too much trouble with it... but idk if any of these guys can play sitar :shrugs:

The tour wouldn't be what you guys would think. The general public would still vote for the same 10 songs, just look at Metallica right now. The Denmark show is going to be another same ol' show cause the casual fans want to hear the hits

Exactly.

If you let the general public vote on GN'R set lists, you're going to get the exact same songs everyone complains about them playing except the show will be about 90 minutes shorter because no one will vote for CD material.

I personally think The Stones do it right. Fans get to vote for a song from a different set of songs show. Usually there are a few rarities, and a few favorites that don't get played as often. It is great as it spices each night up and allows for actual rare choices

The tour wouldn't be what you guys would think. The general public would still vote for the same 10 songs, just look at Metallica right now. The Denmark show is going to be another same ol' show cause the casual fans want to hear the hits

Exactly.

If you let the general public vote on GN'R set lists, you're going to get the exact same songs everyone complains about them playing except the show will be about 90 minutes shorter because no one will vote for CD material.

I think if they drop all the covers and solos there is room for CD material or unheard new songs despite the fact that the general public would vote the classics.

I think that'd mean Axl would get too much thrown at him that he just can't handle anymore. Plus Metallica (except Robert) have been playing all this stuff since forever. I'm not sure if it'd work the same way with GnR. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time musicians had to learn entire back-catalogs in a short period.

Fuck no because everyone would request the shit songs and nobody would ask for ChiD

you know there is a reason why most of the GNR fans love more the real deal

Classic GNR catalog is "shit songs" for you?

dude, gtfo from this forum and go to (heretodaygoneto)hell

If Dj can't play Riad do you really think he can play Locomotive? Hell he can't even play TIL right

he can't even play the SCOM intro right...

They should take request and then not play the songs requested because they don't owe us anything.

member for 8 years- almost a decade and you have 15 posts and that is what you commented on!? :lol:

:shrugs: Eh, why not.

Technically, I've only been a member for a few weeks. Can't remember visiting this forum before--which obviously I did!

Anyway, you gotta start somewhere. It's not like I haven't been following the GnR discussion for over two decades now.