Live?!*@ Like A Suicide turns 27

Gordon Comstock

I always liked the live from the jungle EP better. However few things match the wildness of the shows before sweet child hit it big, they were so hungry.

I've also always wondered if live like a suicide was supposed to be ironic, considering the dogs weren't recorded live, meaning the songs were about as live as someone who committed suicide.

Lies is better

:no:

Lies is worse than TSI. Awful album.

And you claim to not be a cupcake...

Yeah really...I love you wfuckinga but nothing is worst than that piece of shit TSI? (besides Slash's solo "efforts")
To me, Lies is boring. Patience and OIAM are the only songs I'll put on purposly. Yeah, I'll listen to it if it comes on shuffle or whatever, but I rarely purposly play Lies. I really dig TSI though, for what it was. I don't see it as a GN'R album, I see it as GN'R having fun and paying tribute to some of their heros. If you look at it as a fun project to hold fans over while they're waiting for new music, it's a cool album. SIDHY, Ain't It Fun, Black Leather, Hair of the Dog, Attitude, Down on the Farm, I don't care about you, new rose, etc. I like it :shrugs:

lolSlashSoloEfforts

I always liked the live from the jungle EP better. However few things match the wildness of the shows before sweet child hit it big, they were so hungry.

I've also always wondered if live like a suicide was supposed to be ironic, considering the dogs weren't recorded live, meaning the songs were about as live as someone who committed suicide.

I've always thought that fact was pretty explicit.

Lies is better

:no:

Lies is worse than TSI. Awful album.

And you claim to not be a cupcake...

Yeah really...I love you wfuckinga but nothing is worst than that piece of shit TSI? (besides Slash's solo "efforts")
To me, Lies is boring. Patience and OIAM are the only songs I'll put on purposly. Yeah, I'll listen to it if it comes on shuffle or whatever, but I rarely purposly play Lies. I really dig TSI though, for what it was. I don't see it as a GN'R album, I see it as GN'R having fun and paying tribute to some of their heros. If you look at it as a fun project to hold fans over while they're waiting for new music, it's a cool album. SIDHY, Ain't It Fun, Black Leather, Hair of the Dog, Attitude, Down on the Farm, I don't care about you, new rose, etc. I like it :shrugs:

lolSlashSoloEfforts

I think SI is pretty underrated. I just think it was the wrong climate/time for that album- and I think that was more in terms of image in comparison to the grunge bands than it was about the musical stylings of the album.

I tend to agree about Lies, but I think its unique in its own ways. I think the 1st half is pretty half-assed and obviously rehashed, but if you just look at the latter half of the record and view it as an EP rather than an LP I think its a really strong effort. The last 4 songs flow together nicely and make audible GNR's bluesy side that hadn't been heard before and hasn't been heard since (at least to that extent).

I do think that OIAM was absolutely essential to Lies. It brings a lyrical impetus that serves as a nice contrast to the rest of the material. Its heavy-handedness helps balance out an otherwise playful record. Without that song it seems like they're just fucking around, but with its inclusion it serves to make the other songs fun as opposed to shammy.

I have a copy of LLaS on vinyl that's in GREAT shape. I never ever listen to it though because if I want to hear those 4 tracks, I'll just bust out Lies since I like the R side better anyway. I also consider selling it, but the OCD completist in me won't let me. Since I tracked down Live Era on vinyl, I feel like I'll always know I'm missing that one record if I sell LLaS.