Some new info on the South American Tour

ManetsBR

Well, I think lollaforlosers is already sold out, so I can't see this as a threat or something...plus, it's a very different audience from GNR's, I guess...

Well, sure hope it doesn't screw Guns N' Roses. Hey.... If NIN's gonna be in São Paulo too, Finck should drop by!

Well, I think lollaforlosers is already sold out, so I can't see this as a threat or something...plus, it's a very different audience from GNR's, I guess...

Well, sure hope it doesn't screw Guns N' Roses. Hey.... If NIN's gonna be in São Paulo too, Finck should drop by!

It would be AWESOME if he stops by! But if this gets confirmed, both GNR and NIN will play on the same day...so there's no way Finck would participate on the SP gig...maybe Rio! =D

Come on, Robin!!!!! GO, GO GO!!

It would be AWESOME if he stops by! But if this gets confirmed, both GNR and NIN will play on the same day...so there's no way Finck would participate on the SP gig...maybe Rio! =D

Come on, Robin!!!!! GO, GO GO!!

It'd be so cool...

If Guns played Lollapalooza, that would be so cool

I know the whole lollies for losers thing, but all the bands of my era have been there. Obviously it was set up by dear dear Perry and the band. Janes Addiction are legends. We got The Strokes there. Ministiry, Butthole Surfers, Tool, Bodycount, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Arcade Fire. The list is endless

Guns have to do it one day! It has to go on the to do list

Ah, fuck this shit! I've got tickets for Lollapalooza, these people got to be kidding me!

Well, let's hope it isn't the real date the show is going to happen...

On his twitter timeline he was talking about Saxon, that had a show booked for March 22nd, then changed it to April 5th to escape from playing close to Metallica's gig and end up losing ticket sales because of a more popular band playing around the same time. Then, Saxon's promoters found out they escaped Metallica but, playing on April 5th, they were likely to play the same day as Guns...so they changed their tour to the second semester or 2014.

Therefore...it's not clear if the SP gig will IN FACT take place on April 5th, but it looks like it is...but until it is not on GNR's official news feed or with tickets already for sale, don't sell your Lolla ticket yet.

Yeah! haha

According to this: http://whiplash.net/materias/news_820/194614-gunsnroses.html#.UrXp4OIwKSo

The São Paulo concert will be really on April 05th on the Morumbi Stadium:

12_crop_galeria.jpg

65 thousand tickets will be put for sale.

I REALLY doubt this. Specially coming from Nacho.

But if it is true, then it's shooting itself on the foot. GNR can't fill a stadium like Morumbi, even in Brazil, without a new CD on the market, with those prices for a ticket and other concerts in different states.

Metallica is going to sell it out, though. But they are way more popular and relevant in the rock market, plus they are going to play only ONE show in the country and it is going to be a special one because fans will pick the setlist.

Exactly what I thought, Pinball. Those info look literally copied from the Metallica concert info. If Guns N' Roses was playing a single concert here, like Metallica, they would maybe have a chance of selling this stadium out, but with a 10 days tour I really don't see that happening.

Exactly what I thought, Pinball. Those info look literally copied from the Metallica concert info. If Guns N' Roses was playing a single concert here, like Metallica, they would maybe have a chance of selling this stadium out, but with a 10 days tour I really don't see that happening.

Exactly. I think the most suitable place for the SP gig is Anhembi. You can put, I don't know, 30k people in there. It's more realistic. And if you can't sell out, it will still look pretty full. Morumbi, on the other hand...

In Rio i think it can be on Sambódromo, but I would like to see them in HSBC arena because it always rains when GNR plays here! :lol:

There was a fucking tornado on 2010 :lol:

And I was there on the line. :wacko:

That was a funny day, to say the least. On my way to Sambódromo my bus had to stop on the middle of the highway because two gangs from Vasco and Flamengo decided to have a shootout before the decision of Carioca Tournament. I laid on the bus' floor until it stopped and managed to get there in one piece. The tornado was the minor problem that day. :shrugs:

600R to get to the front (I assume that's what Pista Premium is)?! Damn. Though I guess a lot of people will figure out a way to get half-price even if they're not students, etc.

Stadium gig the same day as Lollapalooza? Brave.

Yeah! haha

According to this: http://whiplash.net/materias/news_820/194614-gunsnroses.html#.UrXp4OIwKSo

The São Paulo concert will be really on April 05th on the Morumbi Stadium:

12_crop_galeria.jpg

65 thousand tickets will be put for sale.

I REALLY doubt this. Specially coming from Nacho.

But if it is true, then it's shooting itself on the foot. GNR can't fill a stadium like Morumbi, even in Brazil, without a new CD on the market, with those prices for a ticket and other concerts in different states.

Metallica is going to sell it out, though. But they are way more popular and relevant in the rock market, plus they are going to play only ONE show in the country and it is going to be a special one because fans will pick the setlist.

Fuck! Just one gig in Brazil? Nonsense!