Post a picture of how you imagine other forum members to be

wfuckinga

I've always thought Diesel Daisy looked like John Squire from The Stone Roses.  Not exactly sure why, I think its cuz he described himself as having an 'unruly mop' of hair.  Plus he's a northerner.

5b604c8b9b88007756eea95a6035e59f.jpg

Thats pretty much what I think all white males from the north look like.  Well, all the ones who ain't cloth cap wearing grotesques, subsisting on a diet of stout and steak pies.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I've always thought Diesel Daisy looked like John Squire from The Stone Roses.  Not exactly sure why, I think its cuz he described himself as having an 'unruly mop' of hair.  Plus he's a northerner.

5b604c8b9b88007756eea95a6035e59f.jpg

Thats pretty much what I think all white males from the north look like.  Well, all the ones who ain't cloth cap wearing grotesques, subsisting on a diet of stout and steak pies.

My hair is more curly and messier than that but not a million miles away. 

53 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we don't want to hear you talking about your pubes.

this is how I picture you

7063983.jpg

professor-looking with a moustache and glasses. Having a look in his eyes of "i'm afraid you just failed your exam, son". His sad-reflecting look even vaguely resembles the crying sun in your avatar

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

He is definitely swinging somewhere.

Hehe, I just realized from the reactions that people misunderstood me. I wasn't implying that the little fella is out in the park in the playground with his buddies playing on the swings :lol: I meant that he is out in the park behind the bushes with his buddies living out his newfound sexual lifestyle.

Edited by SoulMonster

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Hehe, I just realized from the reactions that people misunderstood me. I wasn't implying that the little fella is out in the park in the playground with his buddies playing on the swings :lol: I meant that he is out in the park behind the bushes with his buddies living out his newfound sexual lifestyle.

I thought you meant he was living out some sort of dream of being Duke Ellington or Glenn Miller.

FloweryWelldocumentedGoldenretriever-siz

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I thought you meant he was a swinger, like suburban sex parties, ‘sex people’ as Alan Partridge would put it :lol: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Herb McCoy and his Ragtime Swingers...though that sounds somewhat like a group that shags mensturating women.

Certainly changes the way that "Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal" song sounds...

• Haha 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, SoulMonster said:

I was engaged from March until the end of June. The now ex fiancé broke it off with no real warning or reason.

Then I was laid off from my job thanks to the Rona exactly a week later. 

It’s been...an interesting few months.

Edited by The Real McCoy

5 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I was engaged from March until the end of June. The now ex fiancé broke it off with no real warning or reason.

Then I was laid off from my job thanks to the Rona exactly a week later. 

It’s been...an interesting few months.

Ah, shit buddy. I am really sorry to hear this. That's terrible. 

You'll bounce back, though, because you're quality. And it might take a while but then, with a new girl and job, this will be in the past and you will have the life you deserve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Ah, shit buddy. I am really sorry to hear this. That's terrible. 

You'll bounce back, though, because you're quality. And it might take a while but then, with a new girl and job, this will be in the past and you will have the life you deserve. 

Like the saying goes: “if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.”

it’s been a bit of culture shock for sure. I went from literally having my life going in the right direction: heading towards marriage, had the right job, and then, boom - gone in the matter of a week. 

I haven’t been unemployed since 2009 - I’ve literally been working for 11 years straight since the last time that I was laid off, and I’m going stir crazy because I don’t know what to do with my time. It’s not like radio gigs grow on trees these days. I have a few possible options that I’m waiting to hear back on, but Tom Petty was certainly right about it being the hardest part.

Starting my life over at 35 is confusing and scary - that’s for sure. 

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Like the saying goes: “if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.”

it’s been a bit of culture shock for sure. I went from literally having my life going in the right direction: heading towards marriage, had the right job, and then, boom - gone in the matter of a week. 

I haven’t been unemployed since 2009 - I’ve literally been working for 11 years straight since the last time that I was laid off, and I’m going stir crazy because I don’t know what to do with my time. It’s not like radio gigs grow on trees these days. I have a few possible options that I’m waiting to hear back on, but Tom Petty was certainly right about it being the hardest part.

Starting my life over at 35 is confusing and scary - that’s for sure. 

You think you need to relocate? Didn't you recently move for your last job?

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You think you need to relocate? Didn't you recently move for your last job?

It’s possible. I moved to my current location three years ago, so it’s not like I just got here, but I was certainly ready to plant my roots here. The two job options that I’m looking at would let me stay here: one would be a 40 minute or so commute, the other I’d be able to work remotely for the time being. 

I’ll relocate if I need to (and I very well may), but two of the main pluses about where I am now is how close I am to the beach/ocean, and the fact that I’m only three hours away from my family. I’m not ruling it out if I absolutely need to, but it’s a last resort. Radio is struggling all across the country right now with revenue down due to the virus. 

Getting back to work is my main priority over jumping back in to the dating game, and it’s not even close right now.

I ordered a mic, so I’ll probably start a podcast for the time being just so I don’t completely lose my mind.

Edited by The Real McCoy

5 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

It’s possible. I moved to my current location three years ago, so it’s not like I just got here, but I was certainly ready to plant my roots here. The two job options that I’m looking at would let me stay here: one would be a 40 minute or so commute, the other I’d be able to work remotely for the time being. 

I’ll relocate if I need to (and I very well may), but two of the main pluses about where I am now is how close I am to the beach/ocean, and the fact that I’m only three hours away from my family. I’m not ruling it out if I absolutely need to, but it’s a last resort. Radio is struggling all across the country right now with revenue down due to the virus. 

Getting back to work is my main priority over jumping back in to the dating game, and it’s not even close right now.

I ordered a mic, so I’ll probably start a podcast for the time being just so I don’t completely lose my mind.

You prioritize right. Get a job first and love will come along. You can't push love anyway. Focus on getting the job down and the rest will follow. Since you are considering having to move despite having two job options, I suppose that they either aren't as good as you would like or you think you might not get them?

What will be the topic of the podcast then? And let us know when you start it, Russ needs some inhouse competition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You prioritize right. Get a job first and love will come along. You can't push love anyway. Focus on getting the job down and the rest will follow. Since you are considering having to move despite having two job options, I suppose that they either aren't as good as you would like or you think you might not get them?

What will be the topic of the podcast then? And let us know when you start it, Russ needs some inhouse competition.

The job that’s 40 minutes away wouldn’t be too different from what I was already doing, but it would be a step away from the “decision making” side of the industry. Not ideal, but certainly something completely solid that would let me keep my foot in the door while looking for something more in line with the decision making side of the industry without having to be unemployed. 

The other would be taking things to the “other side” of the coin in the industry - that’s about all that I want to divulge about that for the time being. It’s something that would be exciting and different, but still completely in my wheelhouse. 

The podcast will probably just be something all-encompassing about my life. Funny / crazy stories from my time in radio - and with 14 years of stories to draw from, there really won’t be much of a shortage of them. I can’t see it being something I’ll continue doing once I’m back and working, but who knows. Crazier things have happened.

3 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

The job that’s 40 minutes away wouldn’t be too different from what I was already doing, but it would be a step away from the “decision making” side of the industry. Not ideal, but certainly something completely solid that would let me keep my foot in the door while looking for something more in line with the decision making side of the industry without having to be unemployed. 

The other would be taking things to the “other side” of the coin in the industry - that’s about all that I want to divulge about that for the time being. It’s something that would be exciting and different, but still completely in my wheelhouse. 

The podcast will probably just be something all-encompassing about my life. Funny / crazy stories from my time in radio - and with 14 years of stories to draw from, there really won’t be much of a shortage of them. I can’t see it being something I’ll continue doing once I’m back and working, but who knows. Crazier things have happened.

Immediately, and without knowing any details, I would go for the "other side of the coin" job - just because it allows you to broaden out and get more varied experience, it might also be the stepping stone to dream jobs that were previously unavailable to you. Sounds more adventurous, and I am sucker for adventure.

Huh, I would have thought it would be a purely music-oriented podcast, but that personal angle, if done correctly, can make for a much more powerful podcast. It's a good idea to start up something like this, keeps you sharp while in-between jobs. Just the production of it and the talking bit which I assume you are really good at already considering your long experience from radio. 

Oh well, it seems like you haven't been knocked out and are bewildered, you think clearly and have a plan to get back up again. That's a compliment to your mentality - well done and the best of luck!

• Like 1