How would you feel about a Live Era Chinese Democracy?

IncitingChaos

Imagine a live era Chinese Demcracy with 3 bonus tracks. The tracks being Oh My God, Silkworms, and A cover like Sailing from 06.

It would be great we all know there have been some great performances of the Chinese songs in the past 7 years. Many times the song live is better than it is on the cd (This I Love, Scraped).

The best part is it could get a few more people talking about Guns N Roses, it could potentially get the ball rolling towards a new album. Axl could do an interview or two and talk about the process of getting the actual cd together over the past 14 years. It could release in summer or fall of 2014 bc we are pretty sure the new album won't be released next year. So something to tide us over till then. I just think it has great advertising potential for what the bands been up to the past 7 years, and hopefully what's to come.

It would be an excellent way to close out the Chinese era and begin focusing on what's next. I think a lot of people would appreciate the live performances. They could possibly release a couple music videos of pro shots of This I Love and Better.

We all know the Chinese Democracy era has been around a long time. I think it's time to close that chapter with a fitting end. Things may not have been perfect or gone the way the band had hoped but this would be an excellent finish.

Live Era Chinese Democracy as a proper studio release would be great to hear. The bonus tracks would offer a different taste.

Do you think this is a good idea or are you afraid too much focus on another project will only delay a new album longer?

What would really be the point as it is only one album of material.........Now if he released a 2-3CD live album of the Tokyo show where they played basically the whole album in additoin to older songs then I think that would be worthwhile but a live version of CHiDem on its own would be nothing but a money grab IMHO............

Edited by classicrawker

Considering how doctored and tricked up the first live album was, can you even imagine how much they'd have to help this one?

Although I do agree that 12/19/09 show is great. Tons of songs and Axl actually sounds good. Its one of the only new band concerts I put up against their prime.

No. Please, God, no.

I understand some people see the cd as a dark era in Guns history so why shine the spotlight on it even more?

I personally love the live tracks so I think it would be cool.

The people that hate the cd will never like it, the people that love it will appreciate it. Everyone has different taste.

No. Release at least ONE more new album, maybe an additional EP, and in 2018 or 2023 release a 10- or 15-year anniversary edition of Chinese with live cuts and the remixes, maybe some alt. demos. Then release more *new* music.

I see where your coming from but this has been a long era! Haha I don't agree with releasing a live album everytime you release a cd but these are performances spanning over a decade. I think it's time to close the era.

Edited by IncitingChaos

Live, remixed, re-recorded, reintroduced, in 3d, with a new booklet...

No. The only thing that will push this thing somewhat forward and validate new Guns is an all new release. Enough with the bullshit.

Edited by Rovim

No. Please, God, no.

I understand some people see the cd as a dark era in Guns history so why shine the spotlight on it even more?

The people that hate the cd will never like it, the people that love it will appreciate it. Everyone has different taste.

It's not even about that, you know? Even though I think CD kinda sucks, I think a live album with some of those songs would be cool IF Axl had released another 2-3 albums along the way. But we have been hearing nothing but decades old music for, well, decades. And it's fuckin' ridiculous. And it's fucking insulting to the fans. So Axl needs to man up and make a new album. He can shove anything else up his ass for all I care.

No. Please, God, no.

It's not even about that, you know? Even though I think CD kinda sucks, I think a live album with some of those songs would be cool IF Axl had released another 2-3 albums along the way. But we have been hearing nothing but decades old music for, well, decades. And it's fuckin' ridiculous. And it's fucking insulting to the fans. So Axl needs to man up and make a new album. He can shove anything else up his ass for all I care.

Yea there's no doubt only having one release since they started work on the album in 98-99 sucks. It makes it hard to appreciate a live album of one album, but at this point most people would appreciate anything. I just want whatever comes next to be good.

• Like 2

I feel at this point they just need to get a new release out, one that doesn't carry the baggage of CD. I think if they put out a good, solid rock album, got behind it and promoted it the general public would be more inclined to revisit CD favourably. Then at that point they could release live EP's, box sets etc...but first capturing rock fans/music press attention should be the main focus.

• Like 1

Imagine a live era Chinese Demcracy with 3 bonus tracks. The tracks being Oh My God, Silkworms, and A cover like Sailing from 06.

It would be great we all know there have been some great performances of the Chinese songs in the past 7 years. Many times the song live is better than it is on the cd (This I Love, Scraped).

The best part is it could get a few more people talking about Guns N Roses, it could potentially get the ball rolling towards a new album. Axl could do an interview or two and talk about the process of getting the actual cd together over the past 14 years. It could release in summer or fall of 2014 bc we are pretty sure the new album won't be released next year. So something to tide us over till then. I just think it has great advertising potential for what the bands been up to the past 7 years, and hopefully what's to come.

It would be an excellent way to close out the Chinese era and begin focusing on what's next. I think a lot of people would appreciate the live performances. They could possibly release a couple music videos of pro shots of This I Love and Better.

We all know the Chinese Democracy era has been around a long time. I think it's time to close that chapter with a fitting end. Things may not have been perfect or gone the way the band had hoped but this would be an excellent finish.

Live Era Chinese Democracy as a proper studio release would be great to hear. The bonus tracks would offer a different taste.

Do you think this is a good idea or are you afraid too much focus on another project will only delay a new album longer?

Bands typically don't do a Live Album to follow up one album of material.

Would a live album be cool? Sure.

But I'd much rather the band spend ALL their time working on a new album of music.

Might be time to let CD take a backseat for a bit and work on new material. Remix albums of CD, live albums of CD.....doesn't Axl have any creative energy left? You gotta think he wants to move ahead and not just keep rehashing old material.

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 2