Another GNR reference during How I Met Your Mother

stratus

Towards the end of the "Bass Player Wanted" episode. The mom has a dialogue with Marshall which goes roughly as follows:

- Mom sits at the hotel/wedding venue bar and says she "is out of their imaginary band"

- Marshall responds "Fine. I will join the new Guns N' Roses which has way less drama".

Again, not an exact match of a dialogue but "new Guns N' Roses" and the sarcastic comment on how play / hang out with them would involve less drama than "be in a band" with her was definitely said.

It's clearly not the first time GNR is mentioned in HIMYM. See http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/169560-greatest-gnr-reference-on-how-i-met-your-mother/

Exact dialogue:

The mother: *laugs at her singer getting punched by Ted*

Her singer: "What, that's funny to you?! You know what? I quit. You can have your stupid band back. I miss being in a band where people are decent to each other and there's no drama. I'm going back to the new Guns n' Roses!" *storms off*

(Marshal wasn't even in the segment)

I laughed out loud. :lol:

Edited by username

So hopefully this brings everyone on here a little bit closer to seeing that this is how the rest of the world sees current GNR, if they ever think about the band at all.

Some writer for a truly crap TV show doesn't like post-Slash gn"r, who cares? it proves nothing. The world loves Beyonce and vampire weekend too.

Edited by RichardNixon

This show is fucking terrible. Nice to see a GN'R reference though.

Calling How I Met Your Mother terrible while posting a clip from Family Guy?

FYpzmYi.gif

Family Guy is was actually funny and clever.

Family Guy hasn't been funny in five years or more. It was never clever.

Edited by luciusfunk
  • Like 1

Lol- at the guy who said How I Met Your Mother is a good representation of public opinion. Wait, isn't/wasn't that show a big hit? Nevermind, lol @ public opinion.

If anything, it's a good representation of how one writer on one sitcom feels about CD.

Sorry about the duplicate thread this morning, I didn't check here first because I never imagined it would ever be considered D&N worthy. :lol:

The show is actually fairly good, I think it's a funnier version of Friends. And I've always had a thing for Alyson Hannigan, going all the way back to her Buffy days.

Alyson has been looking fiiine this season.

It was an ok show, HIMYM.

There were lots of cultural references each episode. It is cool they included GN'R a few times

Lots of hilarious references to Canada as well.

Love the Canadian jokes. I just love the show in general. I'm gonna be sad when it's over :(

Sorry about the duplicate thread this morning, I didn't check here first because I never imagined it would ever be considered D&N worthy. :lol:

The show is actually fairly good, I think it's a funnier version of Friends. And I've always had a thing for Alyson Hannigan, going all the way back to her Buffy days.

Alyson has been looking fiiine this season.
Agreed. For some reason I've had a weakness for her ever since Buffy.
  • Like 1