Petition for ITW to replace Live and Let Die

iftheworld

I'm not sure why people are attempting to analyze the artistic merits of this song. It was GNR goofing around trying to make a 'bad Bond song'. They weren't trying to make something sophisticated.

Edited by NGOG

drop KOHD and replace with ANY song

kohd :no: kohd sucks. 12 minute snoozefest

No no no

2011/12 KOHD is a brilliant melody, particulary Richard's solo's, just fab love this song done live -- Hmm, anyone see the difficulty the band might have pleasing everyone??

• Like 1

I am all for dropping the covers and replacing them with more original material, though it'd be a huge shame to lose Axl's ridic screams in LALD.

And I'm really surprised at the hate given to If The World. Except for the way-too-corny second verse, I really dig it, esp. Bucket's flamenco playing.

• Like 1

I am all for dropping the covers and replacing them with more original material, though it'd be a huge shame to lose Axl's ridic screams in LALD.

And I'm really surprised at the hate given to If The World. Except for the way-too-corny second verse, I really dig it, esp. Bucket's flamenco playing.

Not to derail, but I completely agree with your first point; If I got my wish, they'd stop adding stuff like Whole Lotta Rosie, The Seeler, etc etc and just add more Guns N' Roses tunes.

I'm not sure why people are attempting to analyze the artistic merits of this song. It was GNR goofing around trying to make a 'bad Bond song'. They weren't trying to make something sophisticated.

I don't know that I believe that. Axl said that once well after the album came out, right? I have nothing to back this up besides suspicion, but I think that was his cover story after he realized everyone saw the song as a WTF moment.

drop KOHD and replace with ANY song

This.

Edited by magisme

Guest cbgnr666

On the album cut Axl's high voice on this song is hard to take,the more aggresive live voice was better but still its pretty dull.imo.

Edited by cbgnr666

Genuinely gutted I've never got to hear If The World live, I love that harmonised Spanish guitar... One of the coolest Guns tunes in my books, not really surprised at all the hate though, it's pretty different to anything else Guns have done, so traditionalists aren't necessarily going to like it.

Fuck yeah.

The band nailed it. But let Live And Let Die, people enjoy it, and the setlist needs more rockers.

Love that performance. Amazed by Axl's vocals. And damn... He looked so cool without the layers and layers of clothes and hats he wears now. And on a sidenote: WTF does DJ so the entire time during that video? Nothing he's doing adds to the song! Lol it's like maddy.
  • Like 1

Even 5 years later, I have the same exact reaction whenever I play this tune on my iPod :

First 60 seconds : "Man, this is cool sounding. Cool to mix in some variety."

Next 60 seconds : "Eh, its already starting to wear on me a bit."

There is no third 60 seconds, as I've already hit the button to get to 'There Was A Time'.

Edited by D-GenerationX