"Better" Appreciation Thread

Ace Nova

I haven't listened to Better for a while now but a major afternoon FM talk radio station in Orlando lead a good 45 seconds into their segment with "Better" this afternoon. I was actually surprised...and totally stoked....looks like there may be a lot of "closet" CD fans out there. ;)

This thread is all about Better. Can we get some appreciation?

• Like 1

I remember really liking this song for a while. I also remember getting very tired of it at astonishing speed. Mostly latter is prolly mostly due to mostly listening the album version since it got released. Abundance of effects and tweaking present in vocals,guitar pisses me off. Songs with leaked demos available almost always have the demo version sounding better than diamonds-polished-to-ash that remains on album. Better most def is not an exception.

Typing all this made me wanna doublecheck who the fuck produced this fucking album again,

In hindsight There Was a Time remains only honest to god awesome song on the album. Such great atmosphere there. You should have made appreciation thread for that instead!!

Edited by LTD

I'd put it on a Best of GNR cd along with SOD and TIL.

I keep having dreams about MJ Fox playing Better at the high school dance and Amy Adams says "Oh, I love this song" and MJ says "It's from the future, just wait, you're children will dry hump to this in 2030."

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

I think Better is masterpiece, it's easily my most listened to CD track. I remember when it leaked back in 2006, I had it on repeat for a long time...

I also feel that it should of been bigger than it was, but that all ties into the overall failure of Guns to promote CD.

Loved the Harley Davidson pulled commercial as well, those damn goats!!!...

Edited by One.In.A.Million
  • Like 1

According to Cosmo's Best-To-Worst Guns N' Roses Songs Ever list, Better is my 10th favorite Guns N' Roses song and my 4th favorite from Chinese Democracy. And yes, it should have been the first single and a hit. Amazing song. Again, according to my list, there are only 4 AFD songs I like more than Better and only 2 from the UYIs.

Pretty much any pop/rock song. There's a reason why everyone thinks it could have been a hit. It sounds like shitty hits.

lol there is absolutely no generic pop/rock song out there with the same guitar work as Better :lol:

Pretty much any pop/rock song. There's a reason why everyone thinks it could have been a hit. It sounds like shitty hits.

lol there is absolutely no generic pop/rock song out there with the same guitar work as Better :lol:

But that comes from a guy who thinks Kanie West is a genius. You want more generic than pseudo-rap?

Better is a masterpiece. I think it would be a classic track from years now.