Bumblefoot is doing an AMA on Reddit on 27th Dec

Huge fan

I'm in the airport, and all I hear on the sound system here is Bumblefoot's "Abnormal" on repeat, with the occasional IRS and TWAT. He's so huge!

You ever going to get around to adding anything intelligent to a conversation, or is your normal gibberish the best anybody can ever hope to get out of you?

Bumble is a fantastic guy and I've got nothing but love for him.

However, I can also see that it is likely an "Ask Me Anything" would put him in an awkward position.

The problem as I see it is that he is of interest to three groups of people:

1. Guitar Heads and Fans of his solo career. (These people already have already had many chances to ask him guitar questions etc as he's very open with the public)

2. Fans of the new GNR (These people will want to ask him detailed info about new GNR plans that he's said previously he's not the guy to be revealing)

3. Fans of the old GNR (These people will either be hostile to him, or, just want to use him for info about Axl's personal life etc)

I just worry the topics he'd get asked would be stuff like:

*Evidence of Axl's potential emotional state or potential psychological issues etc

* Concrete details about new songs and what they're like etc

* Firm plans for 2014

* Private stuff - like exactly who in GNR bullied him? Who likes who? Etc etc.

No disrespect to bumble, he's great, I'm just saying I can agree that an "ask me anything" sounds like a risky endeavour when it seems most things fans want to know about the band are either unknown to bumble also or are things he can't actually answer without angering someone else in the organisation.

• Like 2

3. Fans of the old GNR (These people will either be hostile to him, or, just want to use him for info about Axl's personal life etc)

Not really.

I think most fans of real Gn'R like myself won't be there.

Not all old band fans are anywhere near as smart and sensible as you. See Nicey for a perfect example.

Does he realize what AMA stands for?

Cuz lemme tell ya, reddit isn't a GNR fan forum. I myself will get on there and ask him VERY difficult questions about axl, about how bumby is clearly in it just for money, how does it feel to make a living off of slash's work, etc.

No one in reddit fucking cares about Argentinian Tango or Abnormal or any other completely worthless shit tha bumby has done alone. He's a Slash cover artist. No more, no less.

Wow, what an asshole. That's what he's gonna tell ya. Edited by Chewbacca

Not really.

I think most fans of real Gn'R like myself won't be there.

For the record I'm a fan of both....I'm just saying I can see reasons why it might not go super well: some will be hostile to him, and of the people that aren't - most would either want private information about Axl's life or some of the GNR conspiracy theory drama type things - or they'd want details on GNR plans. So other than general musicianship anecdotes (of which bumble is a great musician) I can't see him being able to answer the kind of questions he'd be asked. So it does seem that "Ask me Anything" could turn into a misnomer for the event! ;)

Edited by Chunder Monkey

arnold schwarzenegger does awesome AMAs.

i could definitely see this backfiring, but that's why i'm giving ron respect for putting himself out there like this. who knows - we could get some pretty interesting revelations...i'm looking forward to it.

i will say this though, if he doesn't budge on the GN'R-related questions, they'll turn on him pretty fast and it could get nasty. as others have already pointed out here... just look at that woody harrelson AMA. :lol:

curious to see how it all pans out for sure.

Cuz lemme tell ya, reddit isn't a GNR fan forum. I myself will get on there and ask him VERY difficult questions about axl, about how bumby is clearly in it just for money, how does it feel to make a living off of slash's work, etc.

No one in reddit fucking cares about Argentinian Tango or Abnormal or any other completely worthless shit tha bumby has done alone. He's a Slash cover artist. No more, no less.

To be fair, I'm prretty sure loud and rather obnoxious majority of reddit is of wrong mental generation to have much of an opinnion about GNR to any which way. They don't know/remember the band as it was in it's prime, they certainly don't care about CD and they have absolutely no clue why they should like or mislike guy who has chosen to be known as Bumblefood.I mean, BF doesn't by default radiate this insuffrable wrogness like the whoring hashtag man. Typical reddit user(regardless of age, perhaps) is absolutely obsessed with having finger on pulse of 'now'. No incarnation of GNR exactly fits the bill. Lust for knowledge, camp and nostalgia in undercurrents of that place get ignited by Snowden, Playstaion 2 and Offspring, not by GNR. - - - > The chat will be crowded by same GNR fans as it would be should he keep the chat here.

Uhh actuually with that in mind, it's gonnabe an interesting chat lol. It takes kahunas to pull it off in reddit. hats off to bumble in that regard.

Hat goes back on when he fails to provide a single informative satisfying answer to a single question about the band. it is gonna be interesting if you are curious about guitar tech or want to kiss his ass. it is not gonna be interesting if you want to hear something interesting about GNR.

Also willing to bet my 5 dollars against your 50 that chat happpens cause Bumble announces he is no longer in GNR. Takers?

Edited by LTD

To be fair, I'm prretty sure loud and rather obnoxious majority of reddit is of wrong mental generation to have much of an opinnion about GNR to any which way. They don't know/remember the band as it was in it's prime, they certainly don't care about CD and they have absolutely no clue why they should like or mistake Bumblefood.I mean, BF doesn't by default radiate this insuffrable wrogness like the whoring hashtag man. Typical reddit user(regardless of age, perhaps) is absolutely obsessed with having finger on pulse of 'now'. No incarnation of GNR exactly fits the bill. - - - > The chat will be crowded by same GNR fans as it would be should he keep the chat here.

Uhh actuually with that in mind, it's gonnabe an interesting chat lol. It takes kahunas to pull it off in reddit. hats off to bumble in that regard.

Hat goes back on when he fails to provide a single informative satisfying answer to a single question. it is gonna be interesting if you are curious about guitar tech or want to kiss his ass. it is not gonna be interesting if you want to hear something interesting about GNR.

To be fair, if any band member were going to say anything related to future GN'R plans, they wouldn't choose Reddit as their outlet to do so - they wouldn't get any real exposure there. You said it yourself, the generation that most Redditors come from don't have much of an opinion about GN'R. I'd be very surprised to see any serious number of questions regarding the future of GN'R.

Hmm yeah true.

But then, maybe big GNR news suddenly hit us on 26th! Slash is back, reunion imminent! -> Chat in reddit scheduled for 27st. Safe to give the date for chat weeks in advance, no need to hint at climate it is held in, and news about to fall on 26th.

I don't believe in any of that but I think this is how bands who do stuff operate nowadays. At least bands who are acceptable to like by reddit's karmahivemind.

I'm in the airport, and all I hear on the sound system here is Bumblefoot's "Abnormal" on repeat, with the occasional IRS and TWAT. He's so huge!

You've been punked the whole thread. Just shut up already.

Unfortunately this is what it's come to. Several valid points made and only insults in return instead of any sort of attempt at a real argument.

Could be interesting. I hope he doesn't get trolled too badly.

I'm not sure of his motivation for doing this though. It seems like a difficult and vulnerable time to expose himself like this. He's just lost his father - first Christmas without him etc...plus he's done a few controversial interviews which no doubt will be fresh is people's minds and probably feed a lot of the questions he gets asked. He isn't stupid, he will be perfectly aware of this. All makes me a bit hmmmm...

This will either be one of the lowest-attended AMA's ever, or it'll be canceled due to lack of interest, like last time.

Instead of replying to all the valid points raised, you'd rather insult everyone who disagrees with you and just find something else wrong with it?

You think so? From what I read -- it's been 2 pages of people calling niceguy a douche.

I'm on Reddit a lot, and the outcome for BBF will likely be apathy, more than anything else.

This will either be one of the lowest-attended AMA's ever, or it'll be canceled due to lack of interest, like last time.

Instead of replying to all the valid points raised, you'd rather insult everyone who disagrees with you and just find something else wrong with it?

You think so? From what I read -- it's been 2 pages of people calling niceguy a douche.

I'm on Reddit a lot, and the outcome for BBF will likely be apathy, more than anything else.

Check out my first reply. Yes, others were name calling, but many people were making some of the same points which all still stand and have nothing to do with any sort of popularity contest I'm certain Ron isn't concerned with winning.