GNR hurts themselves by referring to clips as the "current lineup"

classicguns4life

Looking at things from Axl's pov I'm not sure he has ever viewed any line up as the definitive one. Line up changes have happened with frequency since day one it just so happens that a couple of the line ups became more famous in the public eye than others. This has never been a stable band but that is part of it's charm in a weird sort of way.

It is when you have the philosophy that he talked about when they canned Steven. He stated that GnR has always been a band that relied on what ever available help was present since day one.... a revolving door of musicians.

if the back up help is just a vehicle to plays some notes on an electric twanger and they can be replaced like the parts on a car...no need to get in a fuss over the engine... it too can be replaced.

The only embarassimg part to me is when Axl refers to original 5 AFD Gn'R band members as the 'old lineup'... Shame on you Axl.

What would you prefer? You know they aren't part of the current band right?

What you said. How is he supposed to refer to them?

• Like 1

Looking at things from Axl's pov I'm not sure he has ever viewed any line up as the definitive one. Line up changes have happened with frequency since day one it just so happens that a couple of the line ups became more famous in the public eye than others. This has never been a stable band but that is part of it's charm in a weird sort of way.

JMO but it is only "charming" if you continue to make new music otherwise it is just a legacy band with Axl and a bunch of revolving hired musicians living off the past................

And it makes it even more dumb when you think that at least one of these "hired guns" already has expressed his feelings towards the lack of releases of their own.

Doesn't mean that Bumblefoot intends to stay with the band for much longer. The fact that GN'R have to do this kind of makes you wonder what has gone on between Ron and the band. And to the outsider, it doesn't sound good at all "current GN'R". Makes it sound like the band goes through changes every year or so...... Oh wait. lol

It doesn't matter what the GnR camp does, some people will never be happy.

"Damned if you do; damned if you don't."

Nonsense as usual.

If they released music and Axl performed like he gave a shit 99.9% of us would be over the moon.

I agree with you that many would be happy if they released music regularly, but this particular gripe seems like it's beyond nitpicking.

Nonsense as usual.

If they released music and Axl performed like he gave a shit 99.9% of us would be over the moon.

I agree with you that many would be happy if they released music regularly, but this particular gripe seems like it's beyond nitpicking.

Definitely, but it shouldn't be used to make "damned if you do, damned if you don't" generalizations. That's a bullshit narrative. GNR is damned because they pretty much always "don't."

• Like 2

Nonsense as usual.

BOOM!!!! We have a winner!!! The general mood of this forum would be a whole lot happier if the band put out an album every one in a while. Post-Slash, one album has been released in 20 years. I would love a new Guns record more than a new Megadeth, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Fuel(bands i like) record any day of the week, but it just doesn't happen..

Edited by Young_Gun

The damned if they do excuse is nonsense.....all they would have to do is communicate with their fans more and release new music and fans would be happy...

you don't see Slash fans complaining about his tweets and release of new music every couple of years........not that difficult and that is all it would take.....

Edited by classicrawker

Relax guys. The people who run the social media for GNR aren't even in the know so it really doesn't mean anything.

And that also includes Axl? He has a twitter account he seldom uses. I don´t get why they have official social media when we get the official news thanks to our media crew or Jarmo

I think the overall point Coma16 was making still stands: a social media post referring to the band as "current line up" really isn't anything to complain about at all. I've been openly critical about GN'Rs ridiculous social media presence. They even replied to me on one via Twitter which caused my Twitter feed to be clogged up for days from people complaining at me for "having the nerve to criticize them". But this particular issue is just plain a case of looking for something to be unhappy about.

• Like 1

I've never seen any other band say "hey look, this is our current lineup."

Yeah, but have you ever seen another band that has been as boring, operated as poorly, or had an album bomb despite having 15 years to work on it, other than these guys?

Ya never know ... Maybe even Axl would prefer to differentiate the best in class from the best in crap.

Edited by Kush