The Top Tens: Greatest Rock Voices

rocknroll41

Axl's voice in Welcome to the Jungle alone is iconic. Add to that the soft touch of songs like Patience, The deep voice of November Rain, the screeching pitch that makes his voice unique makes Axl one of if not the best voice in rock history.

His voice is the most versatile instrument in one of the great rock bands. I love Queen and Freddy is great, but to me Axl has the iconic voice. It is realized by many now, but after Axl has past and people re-discover his music/voice I think there will be a lot more appreciation for his abilities.

For me it's Axl #1, such a good voice. Of course this is a GNR forum...so my presence here spotlights my bias.

Journey makes me bleed out my ears. Axl is tied with Steve Perry. Honestly, between those two, there IS NO competition. I am disappointed that Ann Wilson is so far down the list. She is in her 60's and her voice has only gotten better with time. She is the queen of rock. Dio, Mercury, Dickinson, Halford more fantastic voices. I have to say that I am very surprised Brad Delp from Boston isn't on the list. He had an amazing voice and range. And what about Sebastian Bach? He had badass range and grit too.

Edited by DangerousCurves