Nikki Sixx on GN'R

wfuckinga

There's not really any news to report so I guess this is. I asked him a few questions last night and this was one. His exact response was "If they would like".

Suppose Nikki DID get a chance to interview Axl and Izzy (not nessecarily at the same time). What are some questions you would want answered?

Interesting note: Another one of the things I asked him was if he ever saw the Izzy lineup of London (Nikki's pre-Mötley band), and he said he didn't.

Did you meet Nikki? I have been in the same room as him, but have never spoken to him properly. He always seems very personable, but always popular.

Ages ago, I got a story from a girl named Pan (short for Pandora I believe) who was in a band at the time, and a trainee studio engineer as well, and she met Nikki because he watched a set by them and a few other bands, and showed interested. Pan gave Nikki a CD with three songs on, which he liked. They met again few weeks later at another venue, and he acted as though he had never met her before and had no memory of any of their meeting.

There's not really any news to report so I guess this is. I asked him a few questions last night and this was one. His exact response was "If they would like".

Suppose Nikki DID get a chance to interview Axl and Izzy (not nessecarily at the same time). What are some questions you would want answered?

Interesting note: Another one of the things I asked him was if he ever saw the Izzy lineup of London (Nikki's pre-Mötley band), and he said he didn't.

Did you meet Nikki? I have been in the same room as him, but have never spoken to him properly. He always seems very personable, but always popular.

Ages ago, I got a story from a girl named Pan (short for Pandora I believe) who was in a band at the time, and a trainee studio engineer as well, and she met Nikki because he watched a set by them and a few other bands, and showed interested. Pan gave Nikki a CD with three songs on, which he liked. They met again few weeks later at another venue, and he acted as though he had never met her before and had no memory of any of their meeting.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"

Seriously though, I'm sure guys like Nikki get people passing them CDs constantly and they always say they like it just to be nice.

Seriously though, I'm sure guys like Nikki get people passing them CDs constantly and they always say they like it just to be nice.

Met him and Tommy down here in Paris last year. They were nice, got autographs and chatted a bit but I think your statement says it like it is.

Met him and Tommy down here in Paris last year. They were nice, got autographs and chatted a bit but I think your statement says it like it is.

Haha, possibly.

I have always wanted to speak to him, he is always surrounded though. I helped Gene Simmons years ago for a show here in the UK, so I know him, but I have never spoken to the other members really.

Seeing as how Nikki's on the radio, I would find it hard to believe that he hadn't been sent a promo copy of CD. Any sort of hard rock DJ or radio personality in a major city, especially someone high profile like Nikki, would have been on the marketing list. Then again, given how the album was (not) marketed, who knows.

Nikki also seems to be savvy about publicity and what will make him the most profit. If he thought that an Axl interview would make money or garner attention for him, I'm sure he'd do it, despite having knocked Axl repeatedly in the past. And that might be a reason that Axl would never be inclined to appear on Nikki's show.

Edited by stella

This is a weird thread.

it's because two different threads, one about Nikki being open to doing a Sixx Sense interview with Axl and Izzy, and one about Nikki saying he hasn't heard CD and what songs you'd recommend to give him a feel of the album, were merged together. It now makes absolutely no sense.

This is a weird thread.

it's because two different threads, one about Nikki being open to doing a Sixx Sense interview with Axl and Izzy, and one about Nikki saying he hasn't heard CD and what songs you'd recommend to give him a feel of the album, were merged together. It now makes absolutely no sense.

It's two threads, both about Nikki Sixx answering questions you asked him about GNR, merged into one because there's no need for two.

Nikki probably doesn't want to make himself cry considering all of Crue's stuff post-Dr.Feelgood is garbage.

At least Axl still has some creativity left in him.

Music is personal preference. You might think their music is "garbage" post Feelgood, but I'm sure Motley Crue fans are thrilled that their favorite band has remained active in releasing material. Twelve albums since then and a couple different box sets.

Axl still has creativity left in him? One album, which came out more than five years ago with no new album in site. Where is this creativity you speak of?

And why would Nikki cry about Axl? He has two bands that he plays in, is active in the media, communicates with his fans, Crue gets better touring numbers than GnR does.

Generation Swine is every bit as good as Chinese Democracy, they are quite similar really (except the Crue didn't take 15 years to put it out, got it out of their system and returned to the classic sound)

I'm a diehard Cüehead, but I can't agree. Swine, apart from Afraid, Flush and maybe SATD97 sucks. ChiDem doesn't suck.

Mötley's self titled record kicks ChiDem's ass, though.

Fair enough (I don't like the Corabi fronted one so we are even) but I think it's overall a great album

Brandon and TIL are equally as embarrassing as each other, there's one of the many parallels...both albums written by guys that were no longer in the band when the album came out etc etc

Fair enough (I don't like the Corabi fronted one so we are even) but I think it's overall a great album

Brandon and TIL are equally as embarrassing as each other, there's one of the many parallels...both albums written by guys that were no longer in the band when the album came out etc etc

I think Motley fizzled out because they never really settled on a "sound" in their early career and each album was a complete turn from the last one. Devil was different than TFFL. Theatre was completely different from Devil. Girls was completely different from Theatre. Feelgood was completely different from Girls. And the Corabi album was different than anything they'd done before.

But since then, they haven't really did anything new and exciting. They didn't revolve into anything new, nor did they fall back to what was successful before. Essentially, imo, they became adult contemporary rock. They tried to modernize and become more mature - but that's not why fans loved Motley.

I don't see any songs like Kickstart My Heart, Girls Girls Girls, Shout At The Devil and Dr. Feelgood being released by them anymore.

Also, no offense to younger fans, but I don't think people who weren't around back in the Motley hey-day really understand why they were so popular. A pretty simple explanation is what I just mentioned. When most bands released an album, you had a pretty good idea of what it was going to sound like. But when Motley did, you had NO idea what you were in for. I was at a friend's house and he was playing the Dr. Feelgood album, which I mistakenly thought was being released the following week. I listened to 3-4 songs and went "This is really good, who is it? The lead singer sounds a lot like Vince Neil." And I was a hardcore Motley fan. And that was pretty refreshing in an era where bands put out albums every 1-2 years and just kept trying to repeat the success/sound from their following albums. Motley did something different each album.

I think all of the past albums have had 1-2 good songs on them and then a bunch of fillers. Even Tattoo had a couple good songs.

Their debut album is one of my favorite albums of all time. It's almost haunting (make fun all you like) to me.

I liked his interview with Duff because they both went to the same high school and crossed paths over the years.

Axl to me is better suited for an interview with Joe Rogan where he can just go live and keep it going until they run out of steam, and those two could probably get into a 6 hour interview.