The Announcement about the announcement thread #SATour Announcement

Guest NGOG

I think the 5 years is referring to the album release? At least I hope. I'd hate to know that management can't even count.

"Hey, it's been 5 years since the album and here we come again. Buy your tickets for the same old now!"

Don't be so dramatic. Touring - especially in the context of possible new material - is exciting.

Oh, you newcomers never learn.

IMO, announcing it today like it's some kind of giant Christmas present for the fans just adds insult to injury.

Don't be so dramatic. Touring - especially in the context of possible new material - is exciting.

My disappointment stems from this this underwhelming 'announcement'. Given the nature of Jarmo's statement, dates should have been released today.

Not being dramatic at all, just being realistic. It's going to take more than the dangling carrot of "new music" being featured at these shows to impress me at this point. You (and others) have been here long enough where you should really know better than to cash all your chips on promises of possible things to come, especially coming from management, not Axl. Of course it would behoove them to build interest in these shows, the same way it behooved Merck to mention the "There's X amount of Tuesdays left in 2006" comment.

I'm not going to pretend I don't wish they weren't focusing their energies on what the fans really want, which is the next album, and looking to the future. I've said it before in numerous deleted posts, until we hear otherwise, this is really more or less another vacation jaunt for TB that will likely lead nowhere in particular.

Blah... everybody knows that it's been just 2/3 years from the last tour at South America. But, it's been 5 years since Chinese released. Maybe an album announcement alongside the tour? With this band you should expect that they just couldn't sum years right and it will be just another tour though

Blah... everybody knows that it's been just 2/3 years from the last tour at South America. But, it's been 5 years since Chinese released. Maybe an album announcement alongside the tour? With this band you should expect that they just couldn't sum years right and it will be just another tour though

That tiny inkling of hope, that an album announcement will coincide with this, is what's keeping me around...However dismal....

That tiny inkling of hope, that an album announcement will coincide with this, is what's keeping me around...However dismal....

I'm hoping the same thing but chances are is someone had fat fingers and hit the '5' instead of the '2'.

LOL it's been edited

Edited by Coma16

I'm hoping the same thing but chances are is someone had fat fingers and hit the '5' instead of the '2'.

LOL it's been edited

:lol:

I'm really confused by this thread! Have they made an announcement? Was it the poster or are we waiting for something else?

They made an announcement of an announcement to say what we already know from the first announcement, but, adding an erroneous sum of years.

Thanks that's clear as mud now. :-D

I think they will confirm the new songs sooner than later

Unless it's an official release of some kind that they're also announcing, I doubt it. Can you really see them saying in the tour announcement something like "These shows we will feature the live debuts of The General, Atlas Shrugged & Soul Monster."? I think not.

Would be cool though.