Who's your least favorite member of GNR?

IRanOutOfIdeas

Pitman - mostly pointless

Dizzy - definitely unnecessary and a giant hack

Ashba - total clown, dresses like a 14 year old emo girl, generic playing

Fortus - has chops but comes across as soulless to me and in it for the money

Frank - shit drummer, ruined everything live

Paul Huge - see Dizzy

Pretty telling all those guys bar one are currently in this "band"

This is not my favourite line-up of GNR, but there is nobody that I would say is my 'least favourite'. They all bring different things to the table - strengths and weaknesess.

What I will say is that Richard Fortus is hugely overrated by this community. He's been involved in the project for over a decade yet he's contributed nothing of significance to the writing process. Even Bumblefoot, who joined the band nearly 5 years after Fortus, was featured on Chinese. He's a good guitar player granted, but he's motivated by making a living. His entire purpose in life is to do justice to other people's genius.

Edited by NGOG

This is not my favourite line-up of GNR, but there is nobody that I would say is my 'least favourite'. They all bring different things to the table - strengths and weaknesess.

What I will say is that Richard Fortus is hugely overrated by this community. He's been involved in the project for over a decade yet he's contributed nothing of significance to the writing process. Even Bumblefoot, who joined the band nearly 5 years after Fortus, was featured on Chinese. He's a good guitar player granted, but he's motivated by making a living. His entire purpose in life is to do justice to other people's genius.

Yeah I like Fortus, especially as a live player, but I agree that a lot of guys overrate him here. Paul Tobias, Dizzy, and even Pitman seemed to leave more of their own stamp on CD than Fortus did. I'm not saying that his playing on the records isn't great, he just doesn't seem like much of the songwriter. He can play some serious guitar though, he's very versatile, and he's in better physical condition than anyone who's ever been in the band.

He can play some serious guitar though, he's very versatile, and he's in better physical condition than anyone who's ever been in the band.

Absolutely. I would never dispute that Fortus is an accomplished guitar player that has developed an apparently 'endearing' image.

My point is that artistry is more important. It's rather pathetic that despite being in GNR for the majority of Chinese, he contributed virtually nothing to the finished product. He's not even prominent on Goin Down. As I said before, his career is centred around paying tribute to the genius of others.

He can play some serious guitar though, he's very versatile, and he's in better physical condition than anyone who's ever been in the band.

Absolutely. I would never dispute that Fortus is an accomplished guitar player that has developed an apparently 'endearing' image.

My point is that artistry is more important. It's rather pathetic that despite being in GNR for the majority of Chinese, he contributed virtually nothing to the finished product. He's not even prominent on Goin Down. As I said before, his career is centred around paying tribute to the genius of others.

Definitely agree that artistry is more important. He has a role, he knows that role, and plays it well. It just ain't a feature role, if you will.

If we extend the range to "employees of GNR", then the list takes more clear shape:

Dizzy is in the band because he's Axl's lapdog. He is not a songwriter, he can do nothing that 100 million other people can't do.

DJ is a pathetic douche bag. Not a talented songwriter. Cringe worthy.

Pitman is not a legendary synth god, as some people here seem to think. No one outside of these forums knows or cares who he is.

Bumble is an absolutely soulless shred monkey. Fine, he can play a million miles per hour, but so can several million people on YouTube. He's no better than any of them.

Frank is a drummer. That's it. He's not good, he's not a historical figure, he can play drums like several billion other people can play drums.

Richard is the same, except with guitar.

The only genuinely talented people to have been in GNR are Axl, Izzy, Slash, and Buckethead.

Doesn't really seem to be a point of having two keyboard players, especially when Axl can play piano.

The only reason to have DJ on board is for his producing skills and his marketing abilities.........two things that Axl and Team Brazil are choosing to not use him for..........so he seems kind of pointless as well.

I'd vote to drop dj, dizzy and pitman and to start releasing albums.

• Like 2

Is it just me or do a lot of people here not seem to get that 90% of the time when Pittman is referred to as a synth god making funky techno beats, it's being done ironically?

That's not the case here. Many people on these boards don't listen to electronic music, and so they think Pitman is a bona fide genius for being able to upload a synth plugin into ProTools and hold a middle C on the keyboard.

Is it just me or do a lot of people here not seem to get that 90% of the time when Pittman is referred to as a synth god making funky techno beats, it's being done ironically?

That's not the case here. Many people on these boards don't listen to electronic music, and so they think Pitman is a bona fide genius for being able to upload a synth plugin into ProTools and hold a middle C on the keyboard.

Maybe I'm in the holiday spirit and am giving people far too much credit, but the loving Chris Pittman ironically deal has been a thing posters have done since 2005. Maybe the perception has changed since then and I assumed everyone was still kidding.