What are your thoughts on a new album in 2014?

liers

New album opinions  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

75/25 that new songs on tour will be either (or all)- Oh My God, Silkworms, Goin Down

50/50 that at least one Illusion era song will be reinstated

25/75 that we will hear at least one heretofore unheard song

10/100 CD 2 release announcement

5/100 CD 2 is released

1/100 entirely new album from the current lineup

100/100 people will bitch

LOL at people voting for "a mix of both". I can't believe people actually think this lineup will ever record anything.

well, its already been verified that they have recorded on some Bucket-era songs.

That's what I assumed mix of both meant.

Considering Axl re-recorded the TIL vocals for a remix, and the band quickly overdubs the old members's solos and instruments, I don't think it's too farfetchd to think one or two songs out of 12-14 could be an Ashba/Rose or something like that.

LOL at people voting for "a mix of both". I can't believe people actually think this lineup will ever record anything.

well, its already been verified that they have recorded on some Bucket-era songs.

Considering Axl re-recorded the TIL vocals for a remix, and the band quickly overdubs the old members's solos and instruments, I don't think it's too farfetchd to think one or two songs out of 12-14 could be an Ashba/Rose or something like that.

Ok, I'll concede that. I don't think there's any chance of Axl putting down new lyrics on anything though.

appetite for swag?

It's worth noting that all the "talk lately about an album in 2014" is completely fabricated. It's worth remembering that from time to time.

Its also worth noting that GNR are basically the only high profile active rock band where the notion of putting out a few songs a couple of times a decade has to be treat as so laughable and far-fetched that its dismissed as fabrication.

It's worth noting that all the "talk lately about an album in 2014" is completely fabricated. It's worth remembering that from time to time.

Its also worth noting that GNR are basically the only high profile active rock band where the notion of putting out a few songs a couple of times a decade has to be treat as so laughable and far-fetched that its dismissed as fabrication.

My point was that if/when there isn't a new album next year, everyone shouldn't run around claiming it's a travesty because "there was all this talk of it last year".

edit-

Don't get me wrong, I think it's completely ridiculous that there are never any plans or seemingly any intent to release new music, I'm just saying that there's been no talk of doing so.

My point was that if/when there isn't a new album next year, everyone shouldn't run around claiming it's a travesty because "there was all this talk of it last year".

edit-

Don't get me wrong, I think it's completely ridiculous that there are never any plans or seemingly any intent to release new music, I'm just saying that there's been no talk of doing so.

Gotcha.

I'm really surprised at the proposed plans to debut new stuff live. When a band has basically become a touring greatest hits show, new songs are rarely well received (or even paid attention to - it usually cues a mass dash to the bathroom) by the kind of crowd that attracts. Putting out an EP to hype the tour seems to make so much more sense, but 'its logical' is usually reliable shorthand for 'it won't happen' with GNR, sadly.