Bumblefoot Live Chat Right Now - Tawkers

Silent Jay

I just asked him about new music and he said

Only a crystal ball can tell you if Axl and management will decide to release any music in 2014. Sorry to frustrate and disappoint but I can only tell you that *I* plan to release music in 2014.

His answer gets more and more hostile each time he does something like this.

Only a crystal ball can tell you if Axl and management will decide to release any music in 2014. Sorry to frustrate and disappoint but I can only tell you that *I* plan to release music in 2014.

His answer gets more and more hostile each time he does something like this.

Hostile?

Or maybe he's legitimately as frustrated with the communication as we are.

I asked: Are there any leftovers from Abnormal or another previous album that didn't make the cut, but have achance of seeing the light of day sometime? Ron said: Walker - possibly, a few songs, but not sure if they're good enought to take all the way...................

Well that's my interest in this chat ended right there. At least he didn't keep us hanging. :shrugs:

What's the song you've written that means the most to you?
(Double spotlighted...both hosts highlighted the question :D)
Hard to say 'most', they all mean something. But I'd say the song 'Shadow' - it perfect reflected the changes of coming off depression medication

Are there any cities you haven't played yet, be it with GN'R or Bumblefoot, that you want to go to someday?
Country-wise - upper Africa / S. Africa, Bangladeesh/Nepal, Philippines/Thailand.......

Ron hopes to bring new hot sauce flavors in 2014!!

I asked: How was it jamming with the guys in A.L.I.V.E.? Would that be something you'd be open to again?
Walker - That was FUUUNNNNNN!!!! Playing all the songs we loved as kids together, too fun!!

What's the song you've written that means the most to you?

(Double spotlighted...both hosts highlighted the question :D)

Hard to say 'most', they all mean something. But I'd say the song 'Shadow' - it perfect reflected the changes of coming off depression medication

Are there any cities you haven't played yet, be it with GN'R or Bumblefoot, that you want to go to someday?

Country-wise - upper Africa / S. Africa, Bangladeesh/Nepal, Philippines/Thailand.......

He seems to be answering all your questions! Well played!

Ron, do you have any recordings from past Bumblefoot shows that could possibly be released on a Live Album?
No, I need to get out and play more and capture the audio and video where it's good enough quality to release. CLoseset thing is the Live At the RMA DVD...http://tinmanmerchandising.com/product_info.php?cPath=467_473&products_id=1526&osCsid=plt1a9rdftvvqdppjjrjsr57b6&tplDir=Bumblefoot#.UsHef9JDvpc

Have you considered releasing or rereleasing an album on vinyl LP?
I'd release limited editions on vinyl, sure :)

Ron's perfect GNR album: Perfect GNR album would be one we wrote together, where everybody plays only one track and you can identify every member in the sound :)

I asked: I'd also like to see you live someday outside of Guns. Do you have any plans for a US Bumblefoot tour?
Ron: List of solo shows coming up @ bumblefoot.com , thanks :)

There ya go Russ.

• Like 1

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTACTING BUMBLE...

Hey all!

I've always enjoyed corresponding with each of ya in the past, reading and answering every email personally. But after exceeding hundreds of emails a day, spending 6 hours a day doing it, the typing caused numbness and pain in my hands and started to affect my ability to play guitar. I've had this problem in the past, and need to back off on typing before the damage gets worse, and permanent. When rehearsing, recording, or touring, I stay off the computer as much as possible, and stay focused on bizz.

(Anything written below is there because I've been asked a few too many times...)

*I will not answer questions about Guns N' Roses' business - that includes album releases, tour dates, setlists, future plans, other band members, leaked songs, promo/marketing questions, etc. GNR's bizz people will give you confirmed information about GNR when they decide the time is right, in the way they want to announce it - it's not my place to step on their toes, you won't hear any GNR breaking news from me. If you don't hear confirmed info directly from GNR, it's probably just a rumor.

*I can't read minds, predict the future, or tell you what someone will decide to do in the years to come. If you want to know what will happen in the future... (Will an ex-member return to GNR? Will a live DVD be released? Will we play a festival 2 years from now?) ...I can't answer that, only time will tell.

*I can't do personal interviews, or interviews for school projects. Simply not enough time.

*When doing interviews, I'm obnoxious and sarcastic half the time - take it lightly as it's meant. My interviews are not GNR interviews, they're interviews about what I'm doing. When it comes to GNR, there are no hidden messages or hints, no conspiracies or secrets. I'll talk about anything regarding my own bizz, but with GNR there are other people involved that may not want their business being discussed, I respect that and let GNR's bizz folks handle news and announcements. Please don't ask personal questions about other people's appearance or personal lives, I don't gossip.

*I can't give you free merch. By 'free', I mean you expecting me to pay for the manufacturing and the shipping expenses. Too many people ask for me to give them merch and my belongings (guitars, pedals, clothes, documents...) and I don't have time to pack merch and make runs to the Post Office. I can't get you other people's autographs either - it's not my place to make this kind of merch available.

*Other than attending a meet-n-greet, if you want autographed merch it's available at the BumbleStore where a portion of the proceeds goes to charity. I'm not doing it any other way.

*Please don't give me gifts on tour. I appreciate the kindness and good intentions, but traveling light and keeping it light is important on tour, and we can't be shipping boxes home from overseas and buying additional suitcases to accommodate all the gifts. The best gift you can give while we're on tour is a heart-felt 'thank you' and a hand-shake.

*Please don't mail me gifts. I truly do appreciate the kindness and good intentions, but I have no room left in my house! My house is filled with boxes of gifts that I no longer have room for. Sure, I can add an extension to my house just for gifts, but it'd be so much more appreciated if you just emailed 'Thank you' to me. :) 'Unsolicited' mail will not be opened or returned...

*I won't fetch other bandmembers out of their hotel room and interrupt them Skype'ing their families so they can take a photo with you in the lobby. If you see them yourself, ask them yourself, and if they want to take a pic or sign something they will.

*Please don't ask me to pass along your personal messages to Axl or anyone else. I am not going to introduce you to Axl. Not you, or the other 1000 that asked. I'm not anyone else's messenger, I don't set up anyone else's 'meet-n-greets'.

*I will not give you anyone's contact information. I will not give any travel information. It's a security risk - if some nutbag shows up at the hotel and makes a problem, security will ask 'Who told anyone our info!?', I'll say 'I told one of the 50 people that asked me for the info on Facebook & Twitter that all said << I promise not to tell anyone >>', and I'd be part of the cause of whatever damage was done.

*No, I can't call you, you can't call me, we can't Skype chat, we can't make plans to hang out together, I can't go to your wedding, or have dinner with your family, any of that. I barely have time to see my own family - if I had time it would be with them.

*Please don't ask me to make a wedding or birthday video for your friend/family member. I barely have enough time to get anything done that I need to and don't have enough time to record and edit personal videos for everyone that asks for them, I get too many requests.

*I can't get you a job or intern position on the crew with Guns N' Roses or any other band. If you don't have experience as an instrument tech or driver or lighting guy or video guy or pyro guy or production assistant or stage carpenter or any other touring job, get 20 years of it somewhere else and prove your competency and ability to work well with others. At that point the band's tour personnel will know of your existence and ability on his/her own.

*I can't get you free or discounted musical equipment.

*If we haven't spoken since age 10, please don't ask if I can get your cousin's friend's wife's co-worker's neighbor's son free tickets and backstage passes for all his friends to next week's show. There are security issues, plus you're asking me to strain my relationship with everyone in the group by being responsible for people I don't know and have them hang where other members need their privacy and space to prepare for the show. I can't get you backstage passes to other bands' concerts either. Whatever it is you're asking for, please understand that 20 people have probably just asked me for the same in the last ten minutes.

*I can't get you tickets to shows. I can't put the hundreds of people asking me for tickets on my guest list - there is a limited amount of tickets given to our production staff by the show promoter for the band/crew's family and close friends, and there's usually not enough room on the list for them. Band members don't have tickets for shows 6 months away on other continents, that's not how it works. If a show is sold out, try contacting the person running the show.

*Please don't ask me to wear your company's shirt on stage, it feels like I'm being used as an opportunity for you to promote your own interests. I need to wear what I'm comfortable wearing, what I choose to wear, from my clothes.

*Please don't send me your company's shirts in the mail along with a request to take photos wearing them - I'm not a walking billboard, I can't be putting time into making photos for your company's promotion.

*I'm unable to donate to every charity and organization that comes to me. I will not promote any charity event or organization unless you can provide 100% proof that everything is legit and that the proceeds will go where they're supposed to.

*It's a challenge working in a time to teach one-on-one guitar lessons, with the recording and touring schedule as it is. If I do any teaching, I'll post an announcement.

*It takes a lot of time to write out guitar parts for your favorite songs - I just don't have enough time to do it. I don't know why your guitar isn't working right, I can't diagnose the problem and fix it through emails. I can't give everyone personal advice on how to improve on the guitar, not enough time.

*I can't be a guest on everyone's album that contacts me. Time is so scarce, I have to be more choosy than I'd like to be. Also keep in mind, I do this for a living and would need to be compensated.

*People constantly send me music to listen to and review, all the time. I can't do this all day for everyone, I don't have enough time.

*I'm not looking for an intern at my recording studio. If that changes, I'll post an announcement.

*Too many people ask me to reply to Tweets and leave comments on their Facebook pages for me to oblige, I get hundreds-to-thousands of messages day and night non-stop, I can't get to it all.

*Every time I respond to messages I'm making my hands go numb and am taking time away from making music - please keep this in mind before sending a 'How are you?' message followed by a 'Why haven't you answered me yet?' message an hour later, thanks.

*I can't be your band's manager, setting up a business plan and giving contacts and continued advice. I can't get you an audition for a band, or submit your demo to a label. I can't be your band's booking agent either - I can't help you get gigs, I don't know where you should play when visiting the US.

*I will not post and promote links to your site. Too many people ask me to do this and I need my posts to be my own. If I post everyone else's sites and links for them, my own messages will be lost in the 50 other postings I make for other people.

*I can't promote your band's contest on my social media pages and tell people to vote for you. It would be unfair to the other 10 bands that also asked me.

*I AM NOT GOOGLE. Once again, I - AM - NOT - GOOGLE. Do your homework on whatever information you're looking for about music gear, the weather, cutlery, skydiving apparel, whatever it is you're looking for. I am also not CUSTOMER SUPPORT for whatever issues you have with Twitter or any online business sites. Don't ask me to do this work for you when it's something you can and should do yourself.

*I am not the official NYC or LA tourism board. Please Google the travel and nightlife information you're looking for.

*My wife is not a free online medical advice service - I will not pass along your veterinary questions to her. If you have a veterinary question, ask your vet, or if you need a second opinion, find a local vet who can do a physical exam and access the patient's medical history.

*I can't be your therapist. I'm not qualified. I can't give you daily motivational messages. It's not my responsible to keep you happy, I don't even know you.

*I will not raise your children in the event something happens to you. I will not be a godfather to children I've never met, for people I don't know. Enough people have asked these things to add this to the list. I care and appreciate the honor, but those responsibilities should be trusted to people that know you and your family personally.

Thanks so much for your understanding.

bbf

Did anyone ask if he gets a decent discount on #Ashbaswag?

:lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I think everything he wrote in that message above is absolutely fair enough. The only thing I would say is that he gives mixed messages sometimes so I can see why people might be more likely to pester him than someone like Tommy or Richard.

I followed him on Twitter about a year ago and he immediately followed me back, he is the only public figure I follow who has done that. If I was a stalker type I might take that type of thing as affirmation of my importance to him which clearly it isn't. If everything on his list is true it's easy to see why many celebrities are stand offish. I think I would be.