Is Ron Trying to Diminish Interest the Next GNR Album?

Nick85

I agree.

Can I just pose the question, if Axl did not release Oklahoma in 1999 (written and recorded by the line-up as it was then), why would he release it in 2014?

The label or studio turned him down in 99 I believe. Idk if it's true or not but I think Axl struggled with managers, and label during this time. I personally think Axl wasn't ready to be back in the public eye.

The reason why he could release it in 2014 is it satisfies everyone's needs. You get new music, Axl doesn't have to start all over, and you make a few bucks off a new album because most of the work was done 15 years ago.

An album of songs, 13-15 years' old and by a former line-up, can only be considered an 'archive' release.

Of course hes boicot man. He doesnt realise

the soonest leftovers are released the more

chances to have a bigger spot.

I understand his frustration but thanx tu Guns he has his fucking sauces company. Show some

gratitude Ron!!!

Youre just a man for the shows, you were never

brought for the writting.

I think he's just frustrated.

I'm sure a large part of him can't believe he's been in this band for 7 years and they have never done one note of collaborative writing. The only one that seems to make sense to is Axl Rose.

I think you also have to consider the delay. The songs are supposedly done, right? So what's the hold-up? Already been 5 solid years since the last album, and we don't even have a hint of a rumor of the next release. Imagine being told you have to twiddle your thumbs all this time, and even whenever the next one comes out, it still will be old ass stuff.

Realistically, he's sees that it would be 10 years at lest until an album came out by this band that was done by this band. And that's if it even happens at all.

Any lifelong musician is going to gripe over that, I should think.

Ron knows what the GNR fans want.

He knows he has a lucrative gig and what his role in the band is.

The big frustration lately was scrapping his solo tour dates where the GNR tour dates weren't confirmed.

He's not going to talk about Axl in a negative way or his bandmates, but it seems like bitching about the management's fine.

It's not working though. People are more interested in the avante-garde GNR than the current outfit - which is more like an Appetite V2.

[Jerry Seinfeld] Who? Who are these people? [/Jerry Seinfeld]

No one was interested in "avant garde GNR". The album made zero impact on the marketplace.

Ron can do nothing to increase or diminish interest. The people that will buy an album with the "GNR" name on it, will do so regardless of what one of Axl's musicians says.

Agreed. And I have to believe that Axl knows that. Crazy as he is, and as hesitant as he is to put out more music, if he wants the next release to contain songs like The General or other songs he put his heart into over years of work, ain't nothing gonna stop that, least of all Bumblefoot's griping.

Ron can do nothing to increase or diminish interest. The people that will buy an album with the "GNR" name on it, will do so regardless of what one of Axl's musicians says.

Agreed. And I have to believe that Axl knows that. Crazy as he is, and as hesitant as he is to put out more music, if he wants the next release to contain songs like The General or other songs he put his heart into over years of work, ain't nothing gonna stop that, least of all Bumblefoot's griping.

Still waiting on that list. Shouldn't be a diificult request for someone that knows enough that they feel they should start a thread. :shrugs:

Still waiting on that list. Shouldn't be a diificult request for someone that knows enough that they feel they should start a thread. :shrugs:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108052/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by sofine11

Axl's fans have zero control over what Axl releases. So, BBF can't prevent CD2 from being released by turning the fans against it.

BBF is clearly not into having the next GNR album be something which doesn't get him paid. From his point of view, he's devoted his life and career to being Axl's employee, and so it's not fair if the next album doesn't have his songwriting on it.

Can you imagine how infuriating that would be? Ron is dealing with the headache of Axl and TB while hanging his own (unimportant) solo career out to dry. Sure, BBF is getting paid highly, but it's still a huge headache. And now, imagine if an album comes out where Buckethead and Robin and Paul Huge all get royalties, but not BBF? Those other guys are off doing their own thing, not sulking around waiting for TB to allow Axl to release new music. And they get paid for a new album?

I see Ron's point and his frustration is justified.

There is nothing avante garde about putting a bunch of beeps and farts over the top of a few ballads and nu-metal songs. Chinese Democracy is hardly Frank Zappa. But I do agree that people prefer the 2002 lineup based on the principal that they were better and more interesting players.

• Like 1

There is nothing avante garde about putting a bunch of beeps and farts over the top of a few ballads and nu-metal songs. Chinese Democracy is hardly Frank Zappa. But I do agree that people prefer the 2002 lineup based on the principal that they were better and more interesting players.

Ageed. I always considered the 2002 lineup to be the Nu-lineup Axl wanted as opposed to the one he had to settle for when Bucket, Robin, & Brain split.

How so? He keeps saying that he'd release a big box set with the leftovers, making of, interviews etc. so your point is not valid.

When?

You serious? He JUST said that AGAIN and you asked when? :lol:

Q: Why won't Axl Rose release out the remainder of the Chinese Democracy session material?

BBF: Don't know. Think it'd make a great box set chronicling a significant era in the band's history - should include interviews & footage, I think fans would love that. But that aint my call....

Reading this thread I kinda realized fan community remains the sole reason to keep an eye on anything GNR related. Here is a guy who gives honest, reasonably informative free-of-bullshit replies to best his knowledge. And whatdoyakknow, Nutswingers.inc turns against him. - >" Surely situation isn't that bad!! it's just that Bumble is now part of the ever growing international Jew conspiracy that tries to make Axl's life difficult!!!" If he spends few more chats providing actual answers I bet the hive mind concludes GNR never releasing new music ever again is partially Bumble's fault.: D Hats off, you guys are awesome:D

I'm sure Beta and Axl would love to release the totally finished bundle of new albums but record label,Slash,Bumble,Jews, ex-managers,Stephanie Saymour's incestious relationship to her son, gravity of the moon keep this from happening! :(:( :(

If I felt huge,desperate urge to be able to wait for some non-existant GNR album, I'd begin doing so the moment Axl boots at least half of the current line up. It should be clear he has no interest/desire/ability to build anything new with the lot of em. If he were to clean the house up, it'd at least give impression of life and motion being present, rather than a mounted corpse. People waiting,hoping for a new album from current line up are ones who might as well look at fossil of a Tyrannosaurus, fearing it eats you.

Edited by LTD
  • Like 3

Reading this thread I kinda realized fan community remains the sole reason to keep an eye on anything GNR related. Here is a guy who gives honest, reasonaly informative free-of-bullshit replies to best his knowledge. And whatdoyakknow, Nutswingers.inc turns against him. - >" Surely situation isn't that bad!! it's just that Bumble is now part of the ever growing international Jew conspiracy that tries to make Axl's life difficult!!!" If he spends few more chats providing actual answers I bet the hive mind concludes GNR never releasing new music ever again is partially Bumble's fault.: D

I'm sure Beta and Axl would love to release the totally finished bundle of new albums but record label,Slash,Bumble,Jews, ex-managers,Stephanie Saymour's incestious relationship to her son, gravity of the moon keep this from happening! :(:( :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So you're nothing more than a paranoid shit stirrer trying to spread your delusions? Good to know.

So you're nothing more than a paranoid shit stirrer trying to spread your delusions? Good to know.

Yikes. You are just taking this all sorts of personal, aren't ya? :crazy:

Yikes. You are just taking this all sorts of personal, aren't ya? :crazy:

I'm not taking anything personal, I'm just clarifying where you're coming from so I know better than to take you seriously. :shrugs: