If they're not going to play anything freshly new, why not play more of the better Chinese Democracy material?

Screamin' Demon

From what the band members are hinting, it seems likely that we will not be getting anything freshly new. If that's the case, why not play more of the better Chinese Democracy material? I'm referring to If The World, There Was A Time, I.R.S. and Prostitute. We get it that they play Chinese Democracy because it's the title track and a good opener, Better because it is a "hit" if you will and This I Love because it is Axl's baby. Catcher In The Rye is a good start at stapling in some of the better work, but they could still squeeze in If The World, I.R.S. and either There Was A Time or Prostitute. Some will say that "There Was A Time or Prostitute are too hard for Axl to sing" but if he can do Estranged, surely they're not. The material selected from Chinese Democracy should do more than just reiterate that there is in fact a Chinese Democracy album; they should have a greater impact on the concertgoers by stating that there is indeed some seriously talented work on that album.

Edited by Screamin' Demon

Estranged is not a hard song to sing. It's pretty easy, really. TWAT is really tough in the end and IRS requires a lot of stamina. Prostitute would be awesome but it didn't quite work like it should back in 2009. If The World would be nice.

I think playing Prostitute after TIL live could be cool. Playing Scraped, IRS, ITW, Catcher, TWAT much more could keep things interesting.

I mean if they come around again they need something a little different. Maybe that will be Goin' Down and couple of new songs.

I'd Fucking love to see it played in full. Imagine the folded arms.

and do Spaghetti for the encore.

You know what? Id pay alot to see that show.......

It would be without a doubt, the greatest show of all time. The only thing that could top it is if they came out and played My World over and over for 3 hours. That's a revolution.

Someone should wear a t-shirt which says "Play the new shit or don't play anything at all." Give Axl the message.

You know what would be even better? If all these people that wanted to "give Axl the message" just voted with their wallets instead.

I like to see Guns N' Roses live, so I pay to see Guns N' Roses live. If I didn't enjoy it, I sure as hell wouldn't pay them just for the privilege of bitching about the show afterwards.

Someone should wear a t-shirt which says "Play the new shit or don't play anything at all." Give Axl the message.

You know what would be even better? If all these people that wanted to "give Axl the message" just voted with their wallets instead.

I like to see Guns N' Roses live, so I pay to see Guns N' Roses live. If I didn't enjoy it, I sure as hell wouldn't pay them just for the privilege of bitching about the show afterwards.

You're pissing me off this morning.

Happy New Year, fuckface.

You're pissing me off this morning.

Happy New Year, fuckface.

"Keep the change, ya filthy animal"

Not trying to anger anyone, I'm just saying that if everyone who claims to be so upset with GN'R voted with their wallets, that would send a much bigger message than a sign Axl may not see and certainly won't care about.

Not trying to anger anyone, I'm just saying that if everyone who claims to be so upset with GN'R voted with their wallets, that would send a much bigger message than a sign Axl may not see and certainly won't care about.

I'm gonna get you to flip out on the forum one day, and it's gonna be glorious. You're so fuckin' even keel. :lol:

Let me ask you this, though... If/when Axl schedules his next show in NYC or somewhere else close to me, would you advise me not to go to the show?

I'm gonna get you to flip out on the forum one day, and it's gonna be glorious. You're so fuckin' even keel. :lol:

Let me ask you this, though... If/when Axl schedules his next show in NYC or somewhere else close to me, would you advise me not to go to the show?

You're probably not going to like this answer either haha:

If it were the first show, I'd tell you to go. Even if it were the "same old, same old" it'd still be fun to be at. If it were a later show and you didn't like the set, then I'd say no. I mean, why bother if you already know you're not going to like the set list, ya know?