Axl is so funny

classicguns4life

Watching the Robert John documentary, and I'm reminded how funny Axl is. The comment about "where's my enima bag?!" reminds me of comments like "because she's smart" at the end of the live version of So Fine. Or the comment at the end of Cornshucker "now lick it". He has impeccable timing and the guy can be a laugh riot.

Its sad he has such a public as an asshole. I mean, he is, but it really is just one side of him. He used to be so funny in the old days. I'm sure he still is, we just don't see it as much, on stage or off. I guess I can't say its because he isn't happy these days, because I don't know if thats true, but its just sad no one gets to see that anymore and thinks he's a dick. I wonder if that pisses him off.

I'm not bitter. That's what I remember from those days. Having lived during it, it was the norm to call him those things and those are the impressions he gave off. Even Beavis and Butthead made the occasional jab at him by calling him a puss. Common perception that started long before the Slash and Axl war and etc.

Of course, Axl was a huge target back then for a variety of reasons. A lot of metalheads seemed to hate him - probably because GN'R was the biggest band in the world at the time and came off as 'fake' metal to purists, but they were never really a metal band anyway. You know, I see Metallica fans all the time diss them on YouTube and stuff, and Axl being as bratty as he was in his prime gets a lot of flak - so saying he was called a poser or whatever, sure, but to say that he wasn't funny at all? Nah, he's definitely charismatic and had his moments in interviews and on stage.

Of course, Axl was a huge target back then for a variety of reasons. A lot of metalheads seemed to hate him - probably because GN'R was the biggest band in the world at the time and came off as 'fake' metal to purists, but they were never really a metal band anyway. You know, I see Metallica fans all the time diss them on YouTube and stuff, and Axl being as bratty as he was in his prime gets a lot of flak - so saying he was called a poser or whatever, sure, but to say that he wasn't funny at all? Nah, he's definitely charismatic and had his moments in interviews and on stage.

Meh. I guess his humor is very hit and miss because he just looks like a guy trying to be cutesy. In that documentary, during his whole interview he just screamed self-centered ass.

Yeah, Axl doesn't talk much during his concerts, but he sure was having a blast at both Dallas shows I went to and even the Vegas one. He seems to be very comfortable onstage with this band and seems to be having fun. I think that's cool.

I think when Axl was younger between the drugs and drinking and the pressure to headline was a lot to handle. I think most of the pressure was on Axl because he wanted things just so and Slash was mostly drunk those times. It always surprised me how drunk or high some musicians can be and still do a bad ass performance. lol

I understand how stressful it must have been to do show after show and want them done a certain way. God, I'm like that in my personal life and I just have a regular life. Imagine having to play in front of thousands of fans every night and make sure your voice is awesome and you feel well enough to rock for 3 hours and still worrying about the band.

I know it's their job, but when things don't go well, it just screws up everything else.