I was listening to this today.. and

vaida

I saw them live in some club in FL in the early 90s and they were amazing. Plenty of people said Stanley wasn't a real bum, but man... if you got close to him... that bird shit all over him was real and he smelled worse than any of the NYC bums I've ever seen. And of course, they had some hooker(s?) making out with him and getting it on during "Wet Your Lips" and he drank a lot of Midori. It was an amazing show.

I saw them live in some club in FL in the early 90s and they were amazing. Plenty of people said Stanley wasn't a real bum, but man... if you got close to him... that bird shit all over him was real and he smelled worse than any of the NYC bums I've ever seen. And of course, they had some hooker(s?) making out with him and getting it on during "Wet Your Lips" and he drank a lot of Midori. It was an amazing show.

Lucky you. Some describe them as the best band you never heard of..

I picked up their only album years ago, and still have, and like it..

It's good they've released some unreleased stuff on YouTube..

Stanley is quite a character, and a good piano player to boot. I thought Stanley was a proper bum, but in recent times, i am getting the impression it was all an act to get into what was perceived as grunge at the time. The reason i say this is, LSD posted a video feat. Stanley with long hair, and he seemed to be all glam rock - and boy (based on that one video) seemed average. The new 'bum' look Stanley really paid off. Seem's they got a record deal based on their live shows. I don't know the full story, but the deal went sour (for whatever reason). Too bad they did stick in there longer, and release a second album..

Edited by vaida
  • Like 1

Lucky you. Some describe them as the best band you never heard of..

I picked up their only album years ago, and still have, and like it..

It's good they've released some unreleased stuff on YouTube..

Stanley is quite a character, and a good piano player to boot. I thought Stanley was a proper bum, but in recent times, i am getting the impression it was all an act to get into what was perceived as grunge at the time. The reason i say this is, LSD posted a video feat. Stanley with long hair, and he seemed to be all glam rock - and boy (based on that one video) seemed average. The new 'bum' look Stanley really paid off. Seem's they got a record deal based on their live shows. I don't know the full story, but the deal went sour (for whatever reason). Too bad they did stick in there longer, and release a second album..

I've heard Stanley wasn't really a bum, too, but he's probably manic depressive, and maybe cleans up pretty well. It's hard to imagine the pigeon-shit covered overcoat and rank odor were fake, or that anyone not used to that could just don an outfit and not puke to death from it. I lived in NYC for a while and it's the way certain corners of some of the public parks there smell (piss, crap, and old) but concentrated 10x.

Anyway, yeah, I am really glad I saw that show and managed to live that. It's some pretty good, genuine rock 'n f'n roll, even if the real story about Stanley is unconfirmed. Also glad to know you heard positive things about them. Every now and then I'd bust out "The Silent Majority" and I remember my then-bf, who never heard it before, saying it sucked. But he sang like Myles Kennedy, so what did he know?