Your current relationship with Slash?

Marc, are you still tight with Slash - do your families hang out with one another, or do you ever hang out with him solo? If so, how often?

Just curious is all because you've made some interesting comments over time about Slash and it's hard sometimes to interpret the tone or draw any conclusions from your statements.

For example, the comment that Slash is known to lie has been made various times. The assumption is that this is meant lightheartedly.. yes he lies, but does it almost unconsciously and not vindictively, not to cause anyone harm. There's also been a couple comments about his wife which could be viewed as not the most flattering, but again, it's hard to draw conclusions either way.

Of course none of this is out of the ordinary for any longtime friendship, people are people and always have little tidbits about their friends and whatnot.. just human nature, no big deal. But have any of these things (or others) ever gotten in the way of your friendship?

We are still close but only see each other a few time a year. I have emplaned this a few times but it keeps coming up. Slash is not really lying when it comes to the things that Axl thinks he is lying about and at the same time Axl is not lying either. There is just some communication problems between them.Like the signing over of the GNR name. Axl doesn't know what management told Slash and Duff. Also they knew from his past actions that if they didn't sign that Axl most likely would not have moved on with the band until they did.

The things that I have seen Slash lie about are stupid things like saying that he thinks SCOM is a lame song when I know he is proud of it. I remember him saying that back in 1988 in an interview. It's the cool thing almost like he is trying to make believe that he is not so proud of a song that made it to #1 and yes some people sometimes lie when they are trapped. That time he was drunk and Perla made him go to Axl's house. If he had told the truth after Axl turned him in, he would have lost VR. What choice did he have? I have also heard him say things to me that are bullshit but nothing that is real important.

Example telling the press when asked back in 1987 where like a Suicide was recored, he said I don't remember I think it was the Santa Monica Civic. That was a backed in the corner deal. The band was not ready to tell the people that it was done at Pasha. I'm sure any of the other members of the band would have come up with a bullshit story if asked at that time the same question. We all lie when we have to. If you are going to quote me and say that I said Slash lies then you also have to give the example otherwise it could be taking wrong as if what ever he says could be a lie.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 4

Great answer Marc. The only people who use your words against you and try to make it like you said "Slash lies" are kids on here who weren't even around for the original Gn'R. They are hoping that by bashing Slash they can suck up to the right people and receive backstage party passes to current Gn'R shows. There is nobody with more insight and great stories than you.Thank you for sharing them with us so we can learn more about our favorite band. I hope you'll keep on posting here.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx
  • Like 3

Great answer Marc. The only people who use your words against you and try to make it like you said "Slash lies" are kids on here who weren't even around for the original Gn'R. They are hoping that by bashing Slash they can suck up to the right people and receive backstage party passes to current Gn'R shows. There is nobody with more insight and great stories than you.Thank you for sharing them with us so we can learn more about our favorite band. I hope you'll keep on posting here.

stop being stupid, everything you just said is false and you look like a complete idiot for saying those things.

first, i'm much older than you and have been following the band since '87 and saw the original and UYI lineups many times. i can't stand the "new" GNR and don't play into any 'Axl vs. Slash' drama, plus i didn't even mention Axl in my post. my questions have NOTHING to do with Axl, understand?

second, i wasn't using Marc's words "against him" at all nor was i "bashing Slash". if you actually read my post and comprehended it, i was clear in saying that these types of things are totally normal over the course of all friendships, no big deal. so relax and stop beating your chest.

i'm simply interested in the nature of Marc's and Slash's friendship today and that's why i asked. if that bothers you so much, go somewhere else to cupcake.

stop being stupid, everything you just said is false and you look like a complete idiot for saying those things.

first, i'm much older than you and have been following the band since '87 and saw the original and UYI lineups many times. i can't stand the "new" GNR and don't play into any 'Axl vs. Slash' drama, plus i didn't even mention Axl in my post. my questions have NOTHING to do with Axl, understand?

second, i wasn't using Marc's words "against him" at all nor was i "bashing Slash". if you actually read my post and comprehended it, i was clear in saying that these types of things are totally normal over the course of all friendships, no big deal. so relax and stop beating your chest.

i'm simply interested in the nature of Marc's and Slash's friendship today and that's why i asked. if that bothers you so much, go somewhere else to cupcake.

I don´t think the comment has you as a target. Most likely the target is people in the main GN´R forum who hate Slash because Axl hate him. People who think CD is the best GN´R album ever. And they also have the nerve to say that the original GN´R were only Tracii, Axl, Izzy, Ole and Rob.

Marc just set the record straight and we´re very thankfull for it.

• Like 2

obviously his comment was targeted at me and i don't appreciate it at all. the guy lacks reading comprehension and instead makes a bunch of lazy, false statements to bully and categorize. so sick of people like him, they make constructive discussion nearly impossible.

It had nothing to do with you Broham but way to overreact and muck up Marc's section with your response.

Thank you Padme for understanding what I was trying to say. You hit the nail on the head. The post was directed towards kids who bash Slash and attempt to diminish his importance to the Gn'R legacy.

To PA I wouldn't call you stupid or any other name since I don't know you and I am not familiar with your posts. I enjoy all GN'R lineups and I don't have a problem with fans unless they try to diminish the importance of any of the Appetite lineup. There are posters on here who hate Slash either because Axl does and they want to secure party passes or they simply weren't around to see that lineup so they have no connection to that time period.

Edited by xGNRxSTARx

obviously his comment was targeted at me and i don't appreciate it at all. the guy lacks reading comprehension and instead makes a bunch of lazy, false statements to bully and categorize. so sick of people like him, they make constructive discussion nearly impossible.

It had nothing to do with you Broham but way to overreact and muck up Marc's section with your response.

Thank you Padme for understanding what I was trying to say. You hit the nail on the head. The post was directed towards kids who bash Slash and attempt to diminish his importance to the Gn'R legacy.

To PA I wouldn't call you stupid or any other name since I don't know you and I am not familiar with your posts. I enjoy all GN'R lineups and I don't have a problem with fans unless they try to diminish the importance of any of the Appetite lineup. There are posters on here who hate Slash either because Axl does and they want to secure party passes or they simply weren't around to see that lineup so they have no connection to that time period.

and you implied that i fall into that category, it was obvious since you said it in context. attempting to weasel out of it is pathetic "Broham".

and you're the only one who "mucked up" this thread which was none of your business "Broham". you can't even allow a seldom poster to ask a question without waltzing in and making trollish comments.

you've acted like a condescending immature punk here who thinks he can bully people around and stick his nose in where it doesn't belong, show some respect to others.

The things that I have seen Slash lie about are stupid things like saying that he thinks SCOM is a lame song when I know he is proud of it.

I don't think that was a lie. It's possible he dislikes the song personally (I believe he said he hated playing it in an interview) but is proud of the impact it has had. I think he plays it for the audience. It's the type of song Slash probably would consider lame, so I think that's a honest answer.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

xGNRxSTARx was refering to slash haters like rovim, bacardimayne or broskirose

I'm a Slash hater? wow, ok. He's the reason I started playing guitar so that's kinda weird.

I guess your sig tells me all I need to know: you must only like Slash and take his 'side' or you're a Slash hater. Black and white mentality.

I don´t think the comment has you as a target. Most likely the target is people in the main GN´R forum who hate Slash because Axl hate him. People who think CD is the best GN´R album ever. And they also have the nerve to say that the original GN´R were only Tracii, Axl, Izzy, Ole and Rob.

As soon as I read Padme's post, the only member that popped up on my mind was Volcano, as I kinda remember him mentioning those three points in his various posts.

I'm a Slash hater? wow, ok. He's the reason I started playing guitar so that's kinda weird.

I guess your sig tells me all I need to know: you must only like Slash and take his 'side' or you're a Slash hater. Black and white mentality.

you never lose the occasion to say that "slash is a liar", and now you're the one who throws the stone and hides the hand. that makes of you not only a hater but also a hypocrite.

in fact slash haters are gnr haters, they wish the original gnr never existed.

you never lose the occasion to say that "slash is a liar", and now you're the one who throws the stone and hides the hand. that makes of you not only a hater but also a hypocrite.

in fact slash haters are gnr haters, they wish the original gnr never existed.

What stone? what hand? Slash lied about going to Axl's house, Slash lied about some things just to look cool. Those are facts.

I distinctly remember also mentioning how everybody lies, and it's not like Slash was a pathological liar, he just seems to be not as honest about some shit, especially when he's got something to lose which is supported by Marc.

You can't just take one thing someone says and judge their entire outlook or what they think. That's silly.

I invite you to quote any of my posts where I've mentioned Slash lies, and I'll bet there's a logical explanation of why I mentioned it right there in the same post or thread.

It's easy to just group together people you don't agree with, but I'll bet you won't be able to support none of your claims about me.

Edited by Rovim

As soon as I read Padme's post, the only member that popped up on my mind was Volcano, as I kinda remember him mentioning those three points in his various posts.

I wasn´t talking about one person. There are many. I don´t have a problem with people who like Chinese Democracy or people who are Axl´s fans. I´m an Axl fan myself. He is my all time favorite singer. However that doesn´t mean that I agree or like every single little thing he does.

I gave Axl a chance. i waited for CD, I was around forum just like everyone else. Chinese Democracy was a big letdown for me. And I don´t like this new band of his. If Axl love them, fine but don´t call it GN´R. A table is not gonna be a chair just because I call it that way.

Fans of the original band have to deal with people mocking us saying we´re stuck in the past. Well I take the golden years of the band over this lame ass present every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I invite you to quote any of my posts where I've mentioned Slash lies, and I'll bet there's a logical explanation of why I mentioned it right there in the same post or thread.

It's a shame Attitude closed. I'm positive there are some posts in there that reveal exactly what was said about you.

It's a shame Attitude closed. I'm positive there are some posts in there that reveal exactly what was said about you.

Read what I wrote. I said many times Slash lied, but also explained that I think everybody lies. If you're human, you're going to lie sometimes. Slash lied about at least one major occasion (going to Axl's house) and I'm not going to ignore that, no matter how much I love (some) of his work.

Izzyisgnr said I'm a 'Slash hater'. Even without access to the attitude section's threads, just because I criticize Slash and I don't agree with everything he says or does doesn't mean I'm a hater. Just like I don't agree with everything Axl does.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Nah, you were pretty clear in referencing Marc to claim that everything Slash says is a lie. I remember. Don't front now.

I never said everything Slash says is a lie. Stop trolling. If you can prove it, be my guest. You're being your charming self as always, just stirring the pot. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rovim