Your current relationship with Slash?

Marc, outside of a collective effort by Izzy and Duff, you're probably the next best person who could bring Axl and Slash back together. ;)

That was true up until the end of 2006. Axl thinks that I snapped and turned to the dark side for promoting things that the devil was involve in. He is convinced that I have changed and is no longer a true friend. Yes he knows that I was probably the only one other than Duff or Izzy that could have been a good middle man between them but too much time has gone by and his hate for Slash grew to a place that only a real good counselor could solve.
is that a figure of speech or does he really believe slash is the "devil"?

Axl said to Marc that Slash stole 15 years of his life or something to that extent (Marc could give more info about that). Yeah, he really thinks Slash is the devil.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

I know everyone goes on about that Slash lies but does that mean Axl gets a free pass when he say's something that ends up being a lie?

I know Axl's untruths seem to be mainly related to the band/record company

Rio 3 "Peace, I love you, and we'll be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs!"

2008 chats "same bat time"

2008 chats Better video "in a week or so"

I know everyone goes on about that Slash lies but does that mean Axl gets a free pass when he say's something that ends up being a lie?

Rio 3 "Peace, I love you, and we'll be back next summer with a whole bunch of new songs!"

Still lies in my eyes. Axl is a liar, Slash is a liar, who the fuck cares. :lol:

like I'm still waiting on my Topps Axl Rose cards that the band even promoted on social media and Paradise City

I did know that it was a 50/50 chance that Axl would ever sign them but those 5 cards cost $1000 (2 of the cards very low numbered rare Axl cards)

I guess I'm just saying that Axl has some issues too

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

I believe his answer was along the lines of "maybe same bat time". How can that be construed as a lie?

I believe his answer was along the lines of "maybe same bat time". How can that be construed as a lie?

ok I reread the quote seems it was "No, maybe same bat time, same bat channel next year but we'll have to see.".

Just because Axl said that and it didn't happen, doesn't mean he was lying. He plans to do things and then something comes up that changes things. Things are very complicated in Axl's life and thats why so many things don't get done or are not out when he thought they would be. When he told me the record would be out in Nov of 2006 deosn't mean he was lying to me. Then I heard March of 2007 which didn't happen either. You can say he keeps missing his goals but he is not lying about the goals he sets. Edited by recklessroad

Just because Axl said that and it didn't happen, doesn't mean he was lying. He plans to do things and then something comes up that changes things. Things are very complicated in Axl's life and thats why so many things don't get done or are not out when he thought they would be. When he told me the record would be out in Nov of 2006 deosn't mean he was lying to me. Then I heard March of 2007 which didn't happen either. You can say he keeps missing his goals buy he is not lying about the goals he sets.

I guess we all set goals that we sometimes don't reach or not in the time frame we expected

Also I don't get why Axl can have such a problem with your book and Slash and openly promote Paradisecity with both the new band and old band

When you say things get complicated for Axl, do you think it's because things easily sidetrack him and dwell on it when most people would wonder what the big deal is.

I think in any creative field, you have people like that, including some chefs, and they obsess over what people write in Yelp and newspaper critics.