Dj ASHBA Says Sharon Osbourne Inrtroduced Him to Axl Rose

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Sharon Osbourne knows like everyone.

She mentioned David Bowie once on her show stating how he wasn't well and when he isn't well he doesn't appear much.

I would have loved to see a conversation between her and Axl.

I guess DJ owes Sharon a huge favor.

Source. And if its true, thank god for Sharon

Cool. Thank god for Sharon Osbourne.

Were you a huge DJ fan before he was picked to be in Guns?

And why do you Thank God he is in Guns. We haven't heard anything from him in terms of music he has created for GnR. And most people say that he butchers the solos and is the least talented of the three guitar players in the band.

Not attacking you - just curious as to why you are so excited he is in GnR?

• Like 1

Not new. Axl was an Ashba fan since even before that meeting, Sharon introduced them, and he got a call when Robin left saying "Axl wants you and you don't even have to audition if you want it." He's told this story before.

I'm glad she did. Loved Ashab since the first Sixx:AM record and was thrilled when he joined.

Sharon Osbourne introduced me to Axl When I was recording the First Beautiful Creatures album.

Dj ASHBA

C'mon man, don't pull a Randy. Throw some fucking quotes and links in the OP, y'know?

In any case, I thought there were a few auditions for the job by several guitarists? Is that right? I remember some thread on here about a young guitarist who had auditioned and blabbed about it.

Sharon Osbourne introduced me to Axl When I was recording the First Beautiful Creatures album.

Dj ASHBA

C'mon man, don't pull a Randy. Throw some fucking quotes and links in the OP, y'know?

In any case, I thought there were a few auditions for the job by several guitarists? Is that right? I remember some thread on here about a young guitarist who had auditioned and blabbed about it.

Nick Sterling is GNR

Dj ASHBA

I remember hearing something from Axl like "once Dj's name was in the hat, the hat disapeared." maybe that means they auditioned a few guitarists, but once Dj's name came into the picture, they went with him without auditioning him.

I think Ryan Roxie was the guitarist who mentioned in 2009 that he had auditioned. Not sure, though.

Edited by rocknroll41

I wonder why they didn't ask him to join in 2002 then, when they replaced Paul with Fortus?

Or in 2005 when they replaced Buckethead with Bumblefoot?

Dj says that axl told him when he joined he wanted him in when the new band first started. I doubt that. Axl had two opportunities.

Dj ASHBA

Nick Sterling is GNR

Ok we need to find that thread now.

Dj ASHBA

Nick Sterling is GNR

Ok we need to find that thread now.

this?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/137535-nick-sterling-jams-with-gnr/

EDIT: or this?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=137518

Edited by rocknroll41

"Seeing this kid become the lead guitarist of Guns N' Roses would be a dream come true."

Dead Flower

:lol:

Edited by John Bonham