Contracts

Guest Len B'stard

Tell them to send back their Reckless Road books if they have a problem with me. I will be more then happy to send them a refund. I put it together for the fans not the Assholes.

Can we get this fuckin' bloke a round of applause or what? Respect to you man. I ain't even the biggest of GnR fans around here but thats class, you seem like a man of principle, could do with more of that in this world, fair play to ya :) It's wonderful to see someone whoose certain preoccupation isn't recompense but passion.

Edited by sugaraylen
  • Like 1

One of the topics by Marc is locked when he responds to MSL but MSL enters this topic and is obviously trolling and it's cool?

I have been very unimpressed with the moderators for awhile. They have Marc bloody Canter - no other forum has Marc Canter - yet the lock his thread! Very poor show old boy.

• Like 1

Tell them to send back their Reckless Road books if they have a problem with me. I will be more then happy to send them a refund. I put it together for the fans not the Assholes.

Can we get this fuckin' bloke a round of applause or what? Respect to you man. I ain't even the biggest of GnR fans around here but thats class, you seem like a man of principle, could do with more of that in this world, fair play to ya :) It's wonderful to see someone whoose certain preoccupation isn't recompense but passion.

You should buy Reckless Road Len. Honest to god, if you love that sloppy rock n' roll band from the '80s, buy it. Marc will disagree with me because Axl is his pal, but I honestly feel the real reason Axl wants to whitewash this book is because it makes his 'nu' look complete cack. But buy it. I almost wish every band had a Marc Canter. Great photos. Great information. It transports you to Sunset strip. And some of the birds Guns pulled were lookers.

Guest Len B'stard

You should buy Reckless Road Len. Honest to god, if you love that sloppy rock n' roll band from the '80s, buy it. Marc will disagree with me because Axl is his pal, but I honestly feel the real reason Axl wants to whitewash this book is because it makes his 'nu' look complete cack. But buy it. I almost wish every band had a Marc Canter. Great photos. Great information. It transports you to Sunset strip. And some of the birds Guns pulled were lookers.

I shall have to pick up a copy, cheers. Trouble is the last bookstore in town closed about a year ago, i'll have to pick it up online though. I didn't before now cuz I got the impression it was all pictures? Like a pictorial history type thing, which is all well and good but I'm more of a written word kinda chappie.

Edited by sugaraylen

I have to laugh at MSL continually trying to use the line that Axl had to protect himself because he could be voted out of the band two to one and Slash and Duff keep the name of the band that HE created. That talk is garbage, it implies that there was some type of existing partnership agreement in place which had an arrangements for voting on decisions such as removing members etc etc. There wasn't!

If Slash and Duff said they didn't want to work with Axl and wanted to carry on as GNR then they probably could of ( most likely unsuccessfully), but at the same time there was nothing stopping Axl forming a new band and calling it GNR. In fact we have seen this exact situation play out with other bands.

So this two to one stuff is a red herring. He might have wanted to keep the name all to himself, but that is a different agenda, nothing to do with this shit about being able to be out voted two one.

Alan Niven had the bands lawyer Peter Paterno draw up a partnership agreement during his tenure, yet Axl refused to sign it so it sat in a draw. There was no agreement originally so how could Axl be out voted? It's hardly surprising that after Niven was sacked Axl then put forward a partnership agreement which was essentially favourable to him only which secured him the name. One might suggest it was his agenda all along.

I'm not saying he wasn't entitled to the name nor making a call on whether what he did was right or wrong. But there is a shameless self promoter using a false justification for Axl's actions.

http://rocktelegraph.blogspot.com.au/2011/03/alan-niven-without-me-guns-n-roses-were.html

William -

The partnership agreement had arrangements in place for voting on various decisions, including removing members. How the voting worked depended on the situation and every possible scenario was outlined in great detail.

You appear to have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Had Axl signed the '92 partnership agreement without having the clause in question added, he would have ended up with nothing if Slash and Duff voted him out 2-1 (which they could have done at any time for any reason).

You say there wasn't an agreement in place to remove Axl and keep the name, yet you're complaining that Axl wasn't willing to sign an agreement that would have allowed just that!

Good to see you finally admit that clause was added in at a later date. Lol

On a separate note how do you know the partnership agreement Niven had drawn up allowed that - you don't. You can put whatever you bloody want in an agreement, so you have no idea what was and wasn't in there..

Edited by williambailey01

Yes guys Marc´s book is a must have. Tons of pics and many interesting quotes from band members, their friends and collaboratos from the old days. There is nothing anti Axl nor anti anyone in the book. And there are hot chicks also, it adds something extra for the gentlemen to enjoy ;)

The point I make is that until that agreement was signed, there was no way that Axl could have ever been voted out of the band, since there was no agreement with terms to vote under. So Axl could have happily never signed a partnership agreement and never been voted out. He could have maintained the status quo.

So to use the new agreement as justification for having to add the clause in is somewhat misleading. I would suggest the only reason the new agreement was signed was because it was part of his plan all along to gain control of the name. It's like the chicken or the egg thing, the clause only needed to be in there because there was finally an agreement signed, but there was only an agreement signed because he intended to use it to get control of the name.

That clause being in there wasn't just another clause for a bit of extra protection, it was likely the main reason for ever drawing up another agreement in the first place.

There is nothing anti Axl nor anti anyone in the book.

Nobody said there was.

Talk about completely missing the point.

I wasn´t talking to you, just in general :rolleyes:

Do you understand why Axl would have a problem with the release of this book?

For the record I love Marc's book and even bought a copy but I understand what Axl's problem is and I agree with him 100%.

• Like 1