The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Carnivale only had two seasons but IMO were great and had the potential to be one of HBO's best series, but the show got cut short due to funding and peoples lack of intelligence in comprehending the shows plot points.

Dexter's first four seasons were solid, but after that the show drags on for waaaay too long. Showtime milked the hell out of Dexter.

Yeah, I am not sure if I want to invest so much time into Dexter. HBO has been ending their series around five or six seasons. Only sitcoms and animated shows can last more than six seasons.

I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone to watch Dexter from top to bottom, that finale had to have been one of the worst in television history considering the success Dexter had.

• Like 1

Maybe I should watch House first?

Season four of Breaking Bad isn't suppose to arrive until tuesday, which is a long work day for me so I won't be able to start until wednesday so the wait is killing me.

Anyone fine television superior to film? At least in storytelling. Breaking Bad for me shows you can tell a great story without excessive use of the F word and titties.

Will do. Ever watch Generation Kill?

Yes. Very good, and fairly accurate series based on a (series of?) Rolling Stone article(s) written by a reporter who was embedded with Recon Marines during the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Nate Fick is the sort of protagonist of the story, as he separately wrote a book about his experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq. Very interesting series, as it was done by one of the guys who did The Wire. If you're looking for Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down/Band of Brothers, this isn't for you, it's a lot less action based; more focused on the decisions/situations that combatants (specifically here, special forces Marines) face during war.

Some great recommendations :)

Finished The following season 1. Was good but not great - definitely worth watching.

Started justified after giving up half way through season 1.first episode of Bates Motel looked promising too.

Heard a lot about the wire so im going go give that a shot later.

Edited by Axl_morris

Will do. Ever watch Generation Kill?

Yes. Very good, and fairly accurate series based on a (series of?) Rolling Stone article(s) written by a reporter who was embedded with Recon Marines during the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Nate Fick is the sort of protagonist of the story, as he separately wrote a book about his experiences in Afghanistan and Iraq. Very interesting series, as it was done by one of the guys who did The Wire. If you're looking for Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down/Band of Brothers, this isn't for you, it's a lot less action based; more focused on the decisions/situations that combatants (specifically here, special forces Marines) face during war.

Thanks for the synopsis. I have it on blu ray :lol:

• Like 2

Alright people, recommend me a TV show that I could start from the top to bottom. Currently watching the True Detective masterpiece but any suggestions would help.

Series i've completed:

Breaking Bad (masterpiece)

Dexter

Deadwood

Six Feet Under (masterpiece)

All AHS seasons

Game of Thrones

True Blood

Oz

Twin Peaks (masterpiece)

Carnivale

Is Boardwalk Empire worth getting back in to? I stopped watching around S2.

Battlestar Galactica.

Best show that doesn't really get that much love this forum, or just in general. It is awesome.

The writing and acting are just as good as Breaking Bad.

Final few episodes might piss you off, but even they aren't bad; They just might piss you off.

Make sure you start with the mini-series, I'm not sure if that is on Netflix, but it should be easy to find.

Grace Park, please marry me and Gauis Baltar is one of the best characters in TV history.

Alright people, recommend me a TV show that I could start from the top to bottom. Currently watching the True Detective masterpiece but any suggestions would help.

Series i've completed:

Dexter

Deadwood

All AHS seasons

Game of Thrones

True Blood

Oz

Twin Peaks (masterpiece)

Carnivale

Give Justified a whirl after The Wire. Boardwalk is worth watching. Slows down a bit mid-season but always ramps it up for the last couple of episodes.

Have been watching Black Mirror this week, seen 4 out of 6 episodes as of now. Bizarre, dark and original IMO An anthology set in future UK that "shows the dark side of life and technology" Rated 8.7 on IMDB, check it out.

Series i've completed:

Dexter

Deadwood

All AHS seasons

Game of Thrones

True Blood

Oz

Twin Peaks (masterpiece)

Carnivale

Mad Men and The Sopranos

• Like 2

Have been watching Black Mirror this week, seen 4 out of 6 episodes as of now. Bizarre, dark and original IMO An anthology set in future UK that "shows the dark side of life and technology" Rated 8.7 on IMDB, check it out.

Series i've completed:

Dexter

Deadwood

All AHS seasons

Game of Thrones

True Blood

Oz

Twin Peaks (masterpiece)

Carnivale

Mad Men and The Sopranos

Was debating between MadMen and The Wire. Mad Men may be my next stop.