The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

I totally love the Limu Emu commercials. They have a new one. Whoever thought of those ads is a genius!

21 hours ago, Padme said:

Damn! Bill Maher tested positive. So no show today. I wish him a speedy recovery. The thing is he was fully vaccinated

https://us.cnn.com/2021/05/14/entertainment/bill-maher-covid-trnd/index.html

Yeah I know it sucks. I'm pretty sure he was vaccinated too. He's 65 so he had to have been vaccinated for awhile now. Not surprised though with all the variants out there. I do hope he has a very mild case. I do like him and his show.

On 5/14/2021 at 11:59 AM, Padme said:

Damn! Bill Maher tested positive. So no show today. I wish him a speedy recovery. The thing is he was fully vaccinated

So were those I think it was 8 Yankees players?

On 5/14/2021 at 4:14 PM, lame ass security said:

Just saw the new Geico commercial with Lisa Loeb, she looks almost exactly the same as she did 27 years ago.

Yeah she does! She is a lot like Paul Rudd who also doesn't age! Amazing.

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 3:39 AM, marlingrl03 said:

So were those I think it was 8 Yankees players?

This is the T.V. show thread not sports. That's why I mention Maher's case. Having said that, it is a head scratcher for me that fully vaccinated people like Maher still get infected

12 hours ago, Padme said:

This is the T.V. show thread not sports. That's why I mention Maher's case. Having said that, it is a head scratcher for me that fully vaccinated people like Maher still get infected

I know it's the TV show thread, I brought that up but was not planning on making any further comments...

and I also talked about a TV/movie actor (Paul Rudd) in my same post too...

Edited by marlingrl03

I love the Seal Team show with David B. from Buffy and Angel series.

Now  I found out that CBS will only have 4 new shows next season and Seal Team will move to Paramount +, which sucks because I don't have this channel. What the hell is going on with all these tv shows going to other pay channels. Guess I won't be seeing this show anymore.

I saw the new season for the local channels and it doesn't seem like I'll be watching much local shows much. Oh well, thank goodness for cable.

I've been watching a couple of shows on HBO Max. 

I like Mare of Easttown and a show called Hacks a lot. I've akei watched a few episodes of Mrs Fletcher. Not sure what I think about that one yet, but I love the first two. 

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I didn't have high hopes for the Friends reunion and it was still worse than I expected. 

Yeah, I can't bring myself to watch it. The whole thing seems kinda pointless. When I first heard about it, I just thought "either do an episode or fuck off."

It's all about the money, and whilst I feel it was wise they didn't opt to do an episode (it should be left well enough alone and it could never live up to the hype), trying to pass off a sit-down interview as a reunion? It's just disingenuous. 

Edited by Towelie

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, I can't bring myself to watch it. The whole thing seems kinda pointless. Either do an episode or fuck off.

It's all about the money, and whilst I feel it was wise they didn't opt to do an episode (it should be left well enough alone and it could never live up to the hype), trying to pass off a sit-down interview as a reunion? It's just disingenuous. 

I wasn't overly excited about it but I figured I'd give it a watch. It was definitely about the money. The whole thing reads like these people got paid a LOT of money to spend maybe 40 minutes together in the same room and say "oh, I remember that" a lot, then have them stretch it out to 2 hours with clips and what not.

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I wasn't overly excited about it but I figured I'd give it a watch. It was definitely about the money. The whole thing reads like these people got paid a LOT of money to spend maybe 40 minutes together in the same room and say "oh, I remember that" a lot, then have them stretch it out to 2 hours with clips and what not.

Yeah, if I were one of the cast I think I would've had imposter syndrome sitting there doing this "reunion." As always, I'm sure the money does the talking, and I'm sure whatever obscene amount they were paid was more than worth the 40mins of awkwardness and stilted conversation / pretending to care. But I dunno, much like the GNR reunion, at some stage you have to wonder how much is enough in terms of money? Don't they have enough already? 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, if I were one of the cast I think I would've had imposter syndrome sitting there doing this "reunion." As always, I'm sure the money does the talking, and I'm sure whatever obscene amount they were paid was more than worth the 40mins of awkwardness and stilted conversation / pretending to care. But I dunno, much like the GNR reunion, at some stage you have to wonder how much is enough in terms of money? Don't they have enough already? 

for some people it's never enough, and for some they can't imagine the need for more when they're already rich but it's not just about the money, this lame shit got the world talking again about these actors which could be helpful for their careers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Towelie said:

Yeah, I can't bring myself to watch it. The whole thing seems kinda pointless. When I first heard about it, I just thought "either do an episode or fuck off."

Each of these actors were getting a million dollars an episode. I don't see the point in this? did they need the money? hell know? I don't have HBO Max so couldn't watch it, but I agree they should have done a where are they now in a new Friends episode. Bet Rachel and Ross would be divorced and Monica and Chandler would have adopted tons of kids. I never like Phobe so I don't care about her. lol

I always like Joey the best. He was always funny. Glad I didn't miss anything.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, Padme said:

Watched the new episode on Friday night. He was pissed that he missed two weeks of his show and never felt ill at all. Anyway, he had to stay in for the two weeks and feels just fine. Glad to hear that. This man sees and knows so much and yet our government can't see it? What the hell?

• 3 weeks later...

NBC has cancelled "Manifest".  

There were multiple cliff hangers which the fans, like me, won't ever know what will happen. What a suck!

So sick of all the regular channels having all these reality shows or many Law and Order shows.

This show was supposed to be on for 5 years because that was when things would be resolved, now nothing.

Same with Prodigal Son. Left many things open and we'll never know.

Also the CBS show "Evil" has gone to paramount + with no warning to fans.

What the hell is going on? I guess the regular channels sell their shows for big bucks thinking fans will follow. Well I won't get any of these channels for more money.

13 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I love watching foreign films and reading the sub titles. It seems so much more real in their own language.

You should watch Internal Affairs 1-3.

That was the Inspiration for The Departed 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:36 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Pink Lady & Jeff

I got this off of eBay and it's still in it's shrinkwrap. Very rare and out of print. We all know art is subjective. It's so lovably shitty. All 6 episodes.

n1q7ZQn.png

7jDGbc4.png

I can't believe I've never heard of this. Was just reading about it on wiki, sounds like a beautiful mess. Right in my wheelhouse.  They managed to get some great guests like Larry Hagman, Alice Cooper, Blondie, and Cheap Trick. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 6:21 PM, lame ass security said:

I can't believe I've never heard of this. Was just reading about it on wiki, sounds like a beautiful mess. Right in my wheelhouse.  They managed to get some great guests like Larry Hagman, Alice Cooper, Blondie, and Cheap Trick. 

I had heard about it back in the day, but I never saw it until 2003. There was a station called Trio that aired it, a bunch of unsold TV pilots, and just generally obscure shit. You ain't lived until you've seen this AND especially Alice Cooper doing some kind of new wave song called Clones. Here is a sampling.

• Like 1