The T.V. Show Thread

Georgy Zhukov

Creepshow on AMC It's the new season.

It was good but not very scary to me. I think I'm getting so burned out on horror nothing scares me anymore. lol

Watched the cable special on Rick James. The man was talented, but very crazy too due to his drug use.  A shame, but he did have kids so his legend will live on. He also was gone too soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 12:44 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

"Heels" new show on cable about a small town in Georgia with a wrestling family. Pretty good so far. it's about 2 brothers who own a small wrestling ring and they also wrestle. One is good and one is bad.

I'm watching it too. It's alright, but I'm not sure about the main characters being named "Jack Spade" and "Ace Spade" kind of dumb names if you ask me. :shrugs:

• 2 weeks later...

Goliath (2016) on Amazon Prime with Billy Bob Thornton playing a badass lawyer. Likable characters with a bunch of great actors and a pretty interesting script. Billy Bob's character in the show is named "Billy" and it seems like it was inspired by the real Billy Bob.

if you like Billy Bob, you should probably check it out.

• Like 1

In between The Wire, I've started Underbelly series from OZ. Definitely worth a watch if you like true crime dramatised. Up to S2 with Terry Clarke, and just watched a scene were they played the Angels song 'Will I Ever See your Face Again'; and Terry's chopping his ex-mates head with a spade. I loved the song but didn't make the correlation between the song and imagery until later. Love the Angels. 

Edited by jimisbatman

Swat

Dynasty season finale

Bill Mahr 

Eli Roth's History of Horror

On 9/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, Ace Spade said:

I'm watching it too. It's alright, but I'm not sure about the main characters being named "Jack Spade" and "Ace Spade" kind of dumb names if you ask me. :shrugs:

I think this show is very good. Maybe they are their wrestling names? lol Not sure, but I like the whole background story and all the characters are very interesting. Now I look at WWE Wrestling in a whole new light.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Chucky the series. This show is as awesome as the Chucky movies and going back in time and showing how Charles Lee Ray became a serial killer is awesome.

Having Brad Douriff back as Chucky's voice is great. This little guy is crazier than ever.

and it's a USA show? I don't have cable and just like basic Hulu.....will need to find a way to see it!

• 2 weeks later...

" Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". They really need to change the name since more and more non-rock performers are getting inducted into this.

Anyway, best performance goes to the Foo Fighters.  Paul McCartney inducted them and after I heard Paul's speech, I understood why he did it.  What a great way to end this show since the FF are actually rockers. I also agreed with Tina Turner. Wish she could have been there, but I know Tina isn't in good health. She was one in a million rocker women of all time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

" Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". They really need to change the name since more and more non-rock performers are getting inducted into this.

Anyway, best performance goes to the Foo Fighters.  Paul McCartney inducted them and after I heard Paul's speech, I understood why he did it.  What a great way to end this show since the FF are actually rockers. I also agreed with Tina Turner. Wish she could have been there, but I know Tina isn't in good health. She was one in a million rocker women of all time.

Absolutely, Tina was a force of nature. My all time favorite HOF speech was Mike Love of The Beach Boys. One of the funniest things ever. He called out Paul McCartney for not being there and called Mick Jagger a "chicken shit". Then he went off on some other people. But the kicker was when Billy Joel later said onstage he wanted to thank Mike for not mentioning him.😄

6 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Absolutely, Tina was a force of nature. My all time favorite HOF speech was Mike Love of The Beach Boys. One of the funniest things ever. He called out Paul McCartney for not being there and called Mick Jagger a "chicken shit". Then he went off on some other people. But the kicker was when Billy Joel later said onstage he wanted to thank Mike for not mentioning him.😄

That was incredibly immature. What a douchebag.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

That was incredibly immature. What a douchebag.

I agree. usually people like this are jealous of the artists they insult.

Oh and Pat Benatar should have been inducted too. That woman rocked from the start and can still rock with the best of them. 

Still don't know who votes for these artists, but they need to study their rock history.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:14 PM, Ace Spade said:

This show is awesome. Always been a wrestling fan and love how this show actually shows all the ups and downs of the people involved in this sport.  I think all the characters are unique and such good acting.

I know Stephen Armell who plays Jack Spade went to check out real wrestlers for his part. This show is awesome and I really hope it comes back for a second season.

12 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree. usually people like this are jealous of the artists they insult.

I don't mind his opinion, everyone's allowed to have one, I don't even know what he was referring to, maybe he was right on the money, but to use a stage like that to talk shit about people is some serious playground shit. And to think that the guy was almost 50 years old already when he gave that speech!

9 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't mind his opinion, everyone's allowed to have one, I don't even know what he was referring to, maybe he was right on the money, but to use a stage like that to talk shit about people is some serious playground shit. And to think that the guy was almost 50 years old already when he gave that speech!

Some people no matter how old they are never grow up and don't get smarter. lol You're right everyone has an opinion but don't be nasty about it.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 2:56 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Swat

Dynasty season finale

Bill Mahr 

Eli Roth's History of Horror

I think this show is very good. Maybe they are their wrestling names? lol Not sure, but I like the whole background story and all the characters are very interesting. Now I look at WWE Wrestling in a whole new light.

Look over your head...There goes my joke! :lol: